VE/VP isnt visible in new interface

Chewett

• Root Admin

I assume having them on profile page for now is ok?

I was thinking to show them in a more relevant location, for example vp on crit recruit page, and..and where else?

Exploring points next to vidcosity?

Ve is more important, maybe show it in a much more dramatoc way, like heat orbs style, not just a number..what do you think?

I am open to suggestions. I dont want to show them in a boring way.

Maybe someone can make me  a list with all the places where ve vp and xpl are used?

• Root Admin
On 1/16/2020 at 4:49 AM, Muratus del Mur said:

Ve is more important, maybe show it in a much more dramatoc way, like heat orbs style, not just a number..what do you think?

VE and AP is quite important to see at a glance.

Value is important when fighting to make sure you arent too negative, it would be bad to suddenly realise something had happened and you were a couple trillion in negative value.

• Root Admin

wasn't questioning their importance, i was just saying i want to place them in a more relevant position than simply having them as a list somewhere..like i did with ap and heat for example.

maybe change something very big and obvious based on ve..,,the menu icon? idk yet, i;ll have to have a moment of inspiration for this

• Root Admin
On 1/16/2020 at 4:49 AM, Muratus del Mur said:

I was thinking to show them in a more relevant location, for example vp on crit recruit page, and..and where else?

Yeah, I was just making it clear that there are definite cases where seeing things like VP is important generally and not just crit recruiting page (If you were thinking about only showing it there)

• Root Admin

I have a wild thought...vp (value points) is clearly at a concept at conflict with other  things refering to trade/monetary value , such as coins. 

Vp is not really behaving like monetary value at all, you can't use it for trading, and it doesn't have a rarity based value...it is more like vitality but more static, nothing like a resource.

How about renaming it and giving it a different perspective to better reflect its behaviour?

We have heat, thats obvious, vitality, that is decision influenced (think of why i say that), and..vp..that is a sort of anchor into the material, .a ...."worldly inertia" or .."profane fluidity" ..i like both but the first better.

Does it make sense what i mean? Like this i could integrate with new game sections and give better use for vp..and i could put ve and "vp" at same level of display importance in the interface.

Or is it a change too difficult to accept after so many years and acustomed concepts? 

• Root Admin

worldly inertia or profane fluidity?

like this negative vp makes more sense, because its not a form of debt, or anything monetary related, but more like when you get entangled in everyday financial concerns, its the feeling, not the value, you get my point?

creatures you dont "pay" to recruit, as they are not mercenaries, they get bound to your soul as avatars to represent parts of who you are in a fight.

11 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

Or is it a change too difficult to accept after so many years and acustomed concepts? 

it's not too difficult because VP was never well defined (at least imo)

Worldy inertia sounds better, but perhaps a one-word terminology is better? wordly inertia points and vitality points - sort of weird

edit: also, I am full of worldly inertia is kinda funny; or 'my worldly inertia is in the red/negative'

Edited by Ungod

• Root Admin

I am open to suggestions..

Vitality "points" is alao something i dont like how it sounds, maybe turn it to two words, vital potential, and used words like increased and decreased, not full of..

Waiting for more reactions and suggestions

Actually, if I think about it...when we say somebody's full of vitality/life, we don't actually refer to potential, do we? We mean that he or she can readily manifest that potential (into action), and does so often, so vitality actually refers to a combination of readiness, effectiveness and experience in manifesting your potential. To confuse things even further, a synonym would be briskness, no?

1 hour ago, Muratus del Mur said:

vp..that is a sort of anchor into the material,

Materiality? Material Points? Material Potential (this one sounds funny :P)?

Edit: I like the idea of changing its name. It'll definitely help in better defining the concept.

Edited by Aelis

• Root Admin

Worldy inertia, if you think of it, has the same concept dynamic like the experience=heat tolerance,

I am busy with other changes right now, and i want to finish what i started (a25 tools stuff), 

Chew if you can step in and modify the name of this, not just mass replace, but acually see it makes sense , would be great.

I think we can display heat tolerance/("xp") , this new one worldly inertia, and new vitality named something slightly different (cant think of anything except core vitality maybe, or just use one word because we need max vit here as well) as 3 main variable stats? should heat be included in this and have 4 variable stats?

Am i missing other.

Think of this, can be a beautiful change now that i can present it in a nice visible way in the interface.

its not perfect, but thats why we discuss it here :)

• Root Admin
57 minutes ago, Ungod said:

Actually, if I think about it...when we say somebody's full of vitality/life, we don't actually refer to potential, do we? We mean that he or she can readily manifest that potential (into action), and does so often, so vitality actually refers to a combination of readiness, effectiveness and experience in manifesting your potential. To confuse things even further, a synonym would be briskness, no?

briskness as a skill is related to this, you gain ve and vp as you move, and this skill only acts as a binder to these concepts, I think it can be improved even further, and a relation between heat and vitality must exist at some point . Actually all this starts to make sense for me not to be confusing, there is a real chance i could integrate all of them under a sound logic, plus showing them in a clear visual way, will make things a lot more pleasant. 

You must excuse me i dont remember how things are, i try to remember what "color" they generate in my mind, like this, if i follow my instinct, things will make sense in the end, even if apparently unrelated and broken for years :)

Let's go for that sound logic :D 

as for the relationship between heat and vitality, well...isn't heat the manifested energy, vitality the process of transforming potential into heat, and potential that something determining the energy pathways and length of such pathways, found in the blueprint of every being?

I'm all for the change, it makes perfect sense.

Either "worldly intertia" or "material intertia" sounds fine imo and could replace old VP.

As for VE, it could follow the same path... "spiritual inertia"?

Also, let's not forget exploring points. I'm not entirely sure about the concept behind, but still...

• Root Admin

Anytime you wish let me know and i will take a break. I can't stop right now if i am not sure you can step in, otherwise i risk to cooldown and get busy with other jobs then get back just as you warm up :)

My plan on short term is this , tonight i have some more things to do in md, next hour or so, i am reviewing how to migrate gazebo. 

Tomoro i will be busy with seo for bmmo, and articles for md, i got some info i need to organize. ..plus i will probably rest a bit...so tomorow md is yours if you are available, just confirm when you start by posting a mass msg in md so i wont start some random things.

monday i pretend to be at work, and if i am lucky i finish my tasks for the rest of the week so i get some more time for md.

tuesday, doctor and bad mood

and thats it for now. If i dont see a msg from you in globalchat or one i read and confirm here, i will probably think of more :P

changing VP to  worldly inertia sounds good (material means other things for me), the other remain named like this for now, i am still thinking of options.

• Root Admin

I put the announcement, maybe others have interesting ideas on how to display them, but the name remains this, and if nothing amazing comes up about their placement, i have a decent ideea of how and where to display it in the interface. Maybe we find a nice name for vitality, i dont want the word inertia to be used as vp and ve are not oposites, and using same working would make them sound unnaturally related.

Some thoughts, although I fear mine understanding of the inner-workings of the realm were not quite as those who otherwise shape it:

In regard to "worldly inertia" - I wonder if a simpler (or at least, singular) term for it were corporeality - that which makes one substantial; tethered to reality, rather than ethereal, that which were tethered to the aether. When one should recruit or upgrade of a creature, in example, or obtain of some armour, one may trade of her corporeality to bring that which she wishes into its own corporeality.

Of Action-Points - mayhap, the concept may be described by Willpower (or even just Will) - one expends of this to perform of any movement or activity.

Edited by Aia del Mana

• Root Admin

I like the word inertia better because it also relates in a way with the viscosity you experience when moving around (action that gives you vp as well). I agree it will be hard to refer to it as WI instead of VP, not sure how bad that is.

Naming it corporeality makes me think that it could play any role in  illusions mode, and it doesn't.

If otheres think corporeality is a good altrnate to worldly inertia, and makes things more clear, i can start a poll about it. Just say.

Avtionpoints could use a rename indeed.. and Will or willpower sounds good. Is it not interfering with anything else right now named similar? I don't remember

In case of vp i wanted to change it because value points where not reflecting what that score did and how it behaved, but in case of action points, its clear what it does, so if we change its name it must be for a good reason. I want other opinions on this pls.

willpower is a pretty good representation. willpower is a finite human resource to begin with, so it would be a re presentation of how much a player character can "do" before they have no more willpower left. humanity as a whole struggles a lot with willpower, and tends to spend it on useless things, and then being unable to do the things that they would otherwise need or want it for. it draws real world parallels, because when people run out of willpower they tend to be unable to do anything else with their day, and need to recoperate, much the same as AP.

I merely do have concerns if one should refer to each statistic in abbreviation - presently, we have WPs (wishpoints), to which we will add WP (Willpower) and Worldly Inertia (WI). I suppose that this follows somewhat of a theme - although must lead to some confusion.