shard ability - MarkForCritAbilities

• Root Admin

[UPDATE]

Generator available , please use just this way, as it has latest parameters and format.

GENERATOR FOR MarkForCritAbilities

It also shows already implemented ones

----

I decided to create each new ability as a fully configurable thing, so it can be used to a lot more other creature abilities that require same mechanism.

For example, the one i tested recently called "BadluckToHealers" is not a general ability with several parameters.

I will post on forum each new ability kind, and i would very much like to receive from you suggestions for abilities that could use it. Several from the suggestions you posted on the previous topic might fit here, see if you can tweak the parameters yourself to create a new ability based on same mechanism.

As i code new kind of abilities, i will post each on its own topic.

So here it goes:

MarkForCritAbilities

info: gives one of the existing marks to creatures in combat. You can select :

how many rounds that mark lasts (duration),

- what intensity it has if its a mark that requires it (power)

- if the target creature must die in combat to receive the mark, and/or is immune to this if it survives (deadoralive=onlydead / all / onlyliving)

- who is affected by this ability and receives the marks, you the attacker (a), or the enemy (e), or both (a,e)

- creatures with what attack ability will be affected by this (target_abilities)

I will make a top of the people that provide the most interesting, implementable, and well configured shard abilities that make it to the combat forever, and there will be rewards for the top contributors.

Example what i need from you:

[obsolete, use generator!!]

"Bad luck to healers"

Description: Gives badluck mark to all dead healers, making them unlucky for the next 10 fights.

markforcritabilities|mark=badluck;power=50%;duration=10;deadoralive=onlydead;targets=a,e;target_abilities=regenerate,heal,protect

Have fun! Looking forward to see amazing suggestions but also simple obvious ones.

Edited by Muratus del Mur
generator available

• Root Admin
23 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

- if the target creature must die in combat to receive the mark, and/or is immune to this if it survives (mustdie)

I assume if none are set, they just get the mark?

• Root Admin

"Energy Burnt"

Description: Gives Energetic Burn mark to those hit by energy burn

markforcritabilities|mark=energyburnt;power=20%;duration=5;mustdie=onlydead;targets=e;target_abilities=energyburn

I think it would be interesting to mark creatures who have been hit by energy burn "strongly" and make them weaker over the next few fights. Similar to how a burn continues to hurt over time.

• Root Admin

--- Mur:  this was implemented, slightly modified ----

Massive Mental Fatigue

massivementalfatigue|target_player=a,e;target_abilities=aimedhit,haoticdamage;deadoralive=onlydead;mark=fatigue;val=70%;duration=5

All creatures doing Aimed Hit and Haotic Damage and dying during the combat, will be 70% mentally tired for the next 5 battles.

Template: markforcritabilities

Dependencies:
Fatigue mark (added and available for other actions too)

----till here---

Also added an other one "Mental Fatigue" , that does this just to aimed hit and to enemy crits.
"Enemy  creatures doing Aimed Hit and dying during the combat, will be 30% mentally tired for the next 5 battles."

"Mental Fatigue"

Description: Gives the mental Fatigue mark to creatures attacking with aimed hit

markforcritabilities|mark=mentalfatigue;power=20%;duration=1;mustdie=no;targets=a;target_abilities=aimedhit

After a creature has used aimed hit they are mentally strained from the focus needed and will need some time to recover. During this time they will be slightly weaker and unable to focus as well.

• Root Admin
8 minutes ago, Chewett said:

I assume if none are set, they just get the mark?

because i saw an opportunity in your question, i just made some changes:

deadoralive=onlydead mean crit has to die in that combat to get the mark

deadoralive=all mean all crits get the mark

deadoralive=onlyliving

-- Mur: this is different logic. Later i will add ability templates that will support it, but not this one

4leafclover

Desc: gives the 4leafclover mark to those surviving a hit with less than 10% vitality

(don't know how to write the param, it gives a 50% chance of ignoring damage from attackers for the next 5 rounds; a, e)

• Root Admin

"Shamed"  (Mur: GOOD)

Description: The shame mark is given to a creature who has lost the last battle when attacking with damage

markforcritabilities|mark=shame;power=5%;duration=1;deadoralive=onlydead;targets=a;target_abilities=damage

The creatures sense of honour has been lost after losing a battle and faces a slightly reduced attack

mur

"high morale(Mur: GOOD)

Description: The high morale mark is given to a creature who has won the last battle when attacking with damage

markforcritabilities|mark=highmorale;power=5%;duration=1;deadoralive=onlyliving;targets=a;target_abilities=damage

The creatures sense of honour has been boosted after winning a battle and faces a slightly higher attack

mur

Suicide Pact  (Mur: read edits below)

Description: When this creature is killed by itself, it will return to the next fight with double the strength. logic means other ability

markforcritabilities|mark=p;power=100%;duration=1;mustdie=yes;targets=a,e;target_abilities=martyrism, energyburn

mur

"Betrayal" 

Description: Betrayal mark is given to creature who did the last hit (kill) to creatures from the same land as them, making them unable to deal damage to same land creatures, and give 10% of their vitality for them instead.

markforcritabilities|mark=betrayal;power=10%;duration=1;deadoralive=onlyliving;targets=a,e;target_abilities=damage

Edited by Poppi Chulloz

Martyr's Resolve

Description: Makes all defensive martyrs stronger for the next two rounds, provided they were able to survive the fight.

markforcritabilities|mark=martyrsresolve;power=20%;duration=2;mustdie=onlyliving;targets=a,e;target_abilities=martyrism

Edited by Aia del Mana

May I clarify the logic?

If "targets=e" doth this refer to the enemy creature targeted by the ability in target_abilities=______ or to the enemy creature who doth possess of the ability?

Chewett's "Energy Burnt" post would seem to imply the former, but the latter appears to be the otherwise described logic elsewhere.

Wild strikes

Description: Killing more than one enemy with a single haotic strike empowers the creature depending on the amount of enemies killed.

markforcritabilities|mark=wildstrikes;power=10/20/40/60/100%;duration=1;deadoralive=onlyliving;targets=a;target_abilities=haotic strike

I'd like to ask for clarification on a few things:

• How complex could the trigger condition be?
  • How complex could the mark effect be?
  • How much is... power? Especially for things that could be more complex than just buff/debuff
  • I'd assume enemy more correctly stands for (targets), as some abilities targets friendly creatures?
  • Can the targeting (all / weak / strong / random / etc.) be used as a criteria?

• Root Admin

pLEASE STOP SUGGESTING RANDOM ABILITIES THAT USE OTHER LOGIC THAN THE ONE PRESENTED. aS I WILL CODE MORE KINDS OF ABILITIES I WILL PRESENT THEM TO YOU AND THEN YOU CAN SUGGEST VARIATIONS BASED ON THAT ONE.  mAYBE YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE INTERESTING, BUT IF THEY DON'T FIT THE LOGIC OF THE ONE HERE, I WILL DISREGARD IT. sry for the caps