Heads Contest trial!

• Root Admin

I am planning on running a heads contest trial to see how it goes. This is to see what we might want to change before we run it regularly again.

Winning this will award no medal the first place will be given a Wishpoint provided they also write a short report on what they think worked well, and what should be changed for future heads contests. (this is alongside the standard stats).

Second third and fourth place will also be awarded something smaller (some stats and similar akin to what you normally get).

Extra credits/rewards will be given for those who are able to give good suggestions I can implement on how to make it more interesting.

Would anyone like to participate? Once I know I have a few people that will give it a go I will start scheduling it.

• Root Admin

I think there are some tactics I want to iron out (has anyone ever considered "dumping" heads onto a lower mindpower once they have lots of score) that I don't think are entirely fair.

Once I think the heads contest is a little more fair (its always going to be unfair generally) then I think we can start offering the badge again (and possibly bronze/silver/gold ones too)

Count me in.

Dumping heads on lower mindpowers is a valid strategy and completely fair. For a good competition I find it best if there are a multitude of ways to play the game, this includes dumping heads. Dumping heads is also balanced by the fact that it costs all your action points to do it.

Rules to consider - I'm not advocating these, just throwing out ideas:

Going fully offline you start losing heads. 

Going outside of contest boundaries you start losing heads.

Your score is an average of a number of randomly timed spot checks throughout the contest period - not peak, not end.

All ability to transfer heads is blocked (unless you'd rather do formal teams) during the contest.

Certain things like full defensive shield and MP7 illusion abilities not allowed.

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, Invie said:

Dumping heads is also balanced by the fact that it costs all your action points to do it.

I'm not entirely convinced thats true as AP isn't too bad to come by but if you dumped a massive head ball you could quickly change the competition. 

Originally the idea was that towards the end of the competition the heads ball would mean that you could radically change the competition and made it more interesting. But strategies change.

I'm thinking this first "testing one" we just let it go, then I look at changing some the rules afterwards. Keep coming with ideas and things to improve/change it as we want to make it super fun :D 

On 1/23/2022 at 6:41 AM, Chewett said:

(has anyone ever considered "dumping" heads onto a lower mindpower once they have lots of score)

Yes I have done it before as mp5, once I had a fair amount of points we could speed up the first round of the competition and give us both good chances to win.