I won't tell

hmm, the graph kinda reminds me of a positive and negative feedback loops, although im almost certain that that isnt being discussed here ^_^

anyhow fractals dont technicly require imaginary number if you're using ratios...

take for example a spiral, one which is spiraling in at a half it's length every half turn, so it would start at like 4, then the next segment would be 2, 1, .5, .25, etc, on and on...

or some sort of branching could also be a fractal, say you have a line that branches once 1/2 it's length, and branches again where it ends, and each of those react likewise to the original line

This also in a way can work with molecules. Although it very a primitive example of a fractal but the way molcules lump (especially carbon, etc.) can express fractals. Even with DNA, every 2.34 AT or CG connections (the ladder rungs) the double helix rotates a half turn i believe... so there are definitely ways to express fractals without having to consciously dip into imaginary numbers.

Edited by cryxus

mp3 triangle
mp4 rectangle
mp5 pentagon

each straight line of the figure is a principle.

ballance means a maximum area. (heron's formula if I remember well)

Now to mp4 imagine a surface with rectangles some conected some not. from up to down there are aranged by area, from left to right they are aranged by how close to perfect figure (square) they are.

if you do not get it now there is my fault forget it. my graph software ask me to register and the weekend starts.
:-D

Edited by GgSeverin

• Root Admin

interesting ideas. thnx.

note: convert matter into energy, consider energy disipates into space, consider space infinite ..pufff here it goes ..matter gets actualy wasted . In closed systems the theory is true but on a large "open" system as the universe itself, its false.

gg, i get it. ballance considered from a "perfection" point of view, the more effective the surface created the better the ballance/stability of the system, right?

awiiya - awsome idea, very close to what i had in mind, i will have to read again all these replyes and see wich ones is helpful and can be applied on the current situation,

hopefully a tesdrive of whatever "this" is will be public soon..i can't tell now what it is, and don't try to guess, you will find out eventualy ^_^

[color="purple"]*looks around nervously and merges Mur's double post* - Grido[/color]

Ooh man! all this Bio-chem stuff is just amazing! And how all this is being changed into MD style is just absolutly gorgous!

Keep up the freaky-deaky cool-mind-boggling/expanding work, and I can't wait for this new test!

:good: ^_^

Your friendly neiborhood salad,

Zalabar, AKA the undead Salad Bar

Rene Thom (french math) issued "catastrophe theory" A catastrophe is the movement out balance of a system. Used to modeling the stability of atomic centrals, ecosystems evolutions, etc.
He said there are only 7 ways to get a system unbalanced; 7 types of catastrophic movements.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catastrophe_theory"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catastrophe_theory[/url]
or a more geometrical approach
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singularity_theory"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singularity_theory[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chewett' post='33493' date='Jun 14 2009, 06:12 PM']Or if you have to understand how the system works to get the desired outcome. A bit like the current system. That you are aiming to do something and get something out of it.[/quote]

hmm, let me put it like this:

even now, the fighting system is a mystery to most of us (yea, even I might not understand some of the things that happen) ... so , in the future, if more then 2 will be forced to "join forces" ... then we will become "witches / warlocks", the more knowledge you poses, the more powerful the witch / warlock

and the fighting system will only enforce gatherings and clubs and events

* reminder to myself: consider studying dark side of the green force :))

I don't think the fighting system is that much of a mystery, after all it's fixed values and formulas...not to mention usually the formula only has 2 variables. like attack and def, easily understood.

This new system looks more like formulas including several variables, so unless you have data of all you can't really do it well, and if you then think it might be possible to have a complex one this is just a nightmare to predict.

• Root Admin

hehe
i never ment for the fighting system to be clear and mathematical (even if it is at its base). I ment it to be used and understood at a more intuitive level. You fight, you get the desired results, you learn that is "good". Its much more relaxing, and i bet the results are afterall the same on the long run as when you try to calculate all the odds.

My "test" for the fighting system is to create a character and attack randomly just adjusting/healing from time to time creatures but not for a purpose and looking 70% of the time to honor just not to destroy it entirely. Last time i checked like that was indeed long ago, but it worked like a charm. While most of you complained something is wrong and they cant get enough won , or lost, fights, my test account passed through the nightmares any noob passes but then it became stable and quite usable.

The new fighting system is even more abstract because of its nature. I don't think i will make public any values like with the creatures. Overall it will be simpler to master than the creatures system. The fights will be slowmotion events that you can train yourself into before doing. I plan to put more focus on the results achieving than on understanding the mechanism behind the fight itself.

but i talked enough, so far its damn comlicated and i think i got stuck again. The little crits won't breed whatever i do to them ... grrr..and they wont kill either..they just move around and group in gangs.

Well, not like I ever did so much research for the formulas...it always seemed rather clear what does what (from a certain stage onwards)...

It's not so hard to get wins or other things, you just need to understand as to when you get one and what most people use...even without that you can just ask certain people to help and farm teh same or so.

As to the Kill/breed mechanism, did you try to apply something like a matrix?

Like, 10% of the cells breed every "round"...define round as whatever you want, timespan. And they can only breed after having passed so many rounds.
and 5% die out of age after so and so many rounds, while 2% go berserk initiating a fight with others, killing others or themselves....like a berserk cell, fight till only one is left, one after another.