Dojo Debate

Chewett

• Root Admin

We will debate the function of the Dojo and how you think it should be changed to make it a better place for everyone to use

This will be clean, no fights, no swearing and no abuse about peoples views

It will be held at Fenths Press and i need a little help from you

What times do you think it should be? at the moment 2100 has the most respondents so please state what time would be good for you

Also who do you think should "chair" it, Suggest who you think but make sure they will be there first. We need someone who can control people yet isnt too involved in the issues. I.e. no dojo staff members.

EDIT:

[size=5"]Everyone is allowed to come. I really want as many people as possible to come as it will make it so much better[/size]

Edited by Chewett

You wish to have a debate about a subject but do not wish to invite those who would be affected by it the most?

Do you not seek to have a balanced perspective? There will be those there who will be anti-dojo, but you choose to exclude those who are pro-dojo and who would have the strongest arguments for the dojo's case?

If this occurs has you prescribe, Chewett, it will be little more than a chance for others to bash the dojo and its supporters.

chewie for chair^^

you had the idea, you have the spells, you have our respect... and even a few rightist followers, i guess :/

anyway, 2100 sounds nice, though a bit short... that's in an hour O_o

oh well, fair enough, i guess those interested will hear about it in time

EDIT: watcher, read what he said before flaming... he wants an impartial chairman/woman, not a dojo-peepz-free meeting

LOL, i guess i should read the headlines more closely... but why wait three days?

Edited by Burns

• Root Admin

[quote name='Watcher' date='28 July 2009 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1248800687' post='38116']
You wish to have a debate about a subject but do not wish to invite those who would be affected by it the most?

Do you not seek to have a balanced perspective? There will be those there who will be anti-dojo, but you choose to exclude those who are pro-dojo and who would have the strongest arguments for the dojo's case?

If this occurs has you prescribe, Chewett, it will be little more than a chance for others to bash the dojo and its supporters.
[/quote]

actually what i said is that i dont want anyone volunteering any dojo staff to be the chair. I really want as many dojo staff member to come.

i thought the dojo already had a purpose and thats to teach the mp3's and new guys how to fight and practice respect and courtesy towards other members

and for the mp4's and mp5's to gain wins and loses..

please correct me if im wrong...

• Root Admin

In the recent weeks there has been more discussion on what the dojo is for and what it should be for

this is a period of time where everyone can share their opinion so that we may make the dojo somewhere where everyone may want to be.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='29 July 2009 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1248801473' post='38122']
The current thing is that people may think of saying the dojo is..ineffective, especially for mp5.

And it's also partly due to the recent banning which was overdone in my opinion.
[/quote]

maybe the banning was necessary to show others that rules arent meant to be broken but abided by..

• Root Admin

[quote name='STARFOX' date='28 July 2009 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1248804091' post='38123']
maybe the banning was necessary to show others that rules arent meant to be broken but abided by..
[/quote]

This is for the debate,

Anyone wants to give opinion on time/chair for the meeting?

I don't think I will be there Friday but I already talked with Shadowseeker. He has some ideas and I support them.
Also, in case I will not be there, please post the discussion on the forum.
And yes, Ailith should "chair" the meeting.
And yes, dojo stuff members SHOULD attend! If only the anti-dojo players will come then will be no discussion but a monologue with the others nodding.
I want a debate, I want ideas, I want blood! Well..you can postpone my last request for another time :D

so, you start drinking at 7 pm? =P

2100 sounds really good to me, it's going to be finished just before we want to go out, perfect, ain't it?
i guess some russian would go out instead of the debate, but i haven't seen too many of those yet :/

as for the asians asleep, those are not too many either...

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='28 July 2009 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1248810563' post='38128']
Nobody mentioned muffins. Im shocked and appaulled. What kind of debate are you going to have without muffins?
I'd love to go, but Friday night? Thats drinking night me laddies.
[/quote]

Actually firs, before this got on the forums, I suggested there be muffins. :D

I also believe Ailith should be the one to chair this debate.. As for making it there, anytime works for me. Ive heard reasonable and unreasonable arguments from both sides for this debate already, and it should prove to be interesting, but the most important thing for this debate is making sure its at a time when majourity of the dojo staff can be there.. I have quite a few things to say on this but I'll hold them till the actual event.

I'm also concerned that those who use the dojo its self, will not speak up, as most people who are showing interest in this atleast from the forum standpoint are almost all mp5, and a biased debate is no fun at all..

Also.. Heil Chewett

It is true that the dojo has some disadvantages! And I hope this will debate that evening as well:

A combination of the present dojo and a sanctuary would be the best ideea in my opinion( with the possibility of being attacked ONLY under the option of the attacked player )! But these will be disscused that day!

Normaly it would be a great hour 4 me but it happens that I'll be out at that time ( If i see corectlly that it's friday [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//blum.gif[/img] ).
About the chairman/lady ... i must pass in pointing fingers !

• Root Admin

Ok, its planned for 21:00 on Friday (tommrow). Ailith has agreed to "chair" it. I will say a short something before we start and i hope as many people will attend as possible.

hey i am not sure if i can make it.. so i will give me point here and sum1 who is supporting the dojo plz post it on that day plz...

You say that mp5 means every1 have learnt everything and they should be ready and there is no need for dojo... but the only reason you are saying this is because you are already a EXPERIENCED player... just think about a newb player who is coming to mp5 for the first time he wont know about exp reset on how to do it... or he wont have the MAD STATS that you guys do.. you all will crush that poor boy/girl.... and without a dojo no mp5 will be hanging in that area... so it will be hard for the new player to get much idea of how to be good in mp5.. So think about new players also.. plz

sum1 post this on the day of the debate plz.. thank you bye.

How does one learn from this game? They ask, or they learn from trial and error... If they haven't met a few MP5s by then to pick their minds every once in awhile... then they need to learn fast.

As for the exp thing, I have yet to use that. I know how it is done, because I attacked a few people with that ritual set up.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Death Bell' date='30 July 2009 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1248973865' post='38296']
hey i am not sure if i can make it.. so i will give me point here and sum1 who is supporting the dojo plz post it on that day plz...

You say that mp5 means every1 have learnt everything and they should be ready and there is no need for dojo... but the only reason you are saying this is because you are already a EXPERIENCED player... just think about a newb player who is coming to mp5 for the first time he wont know about exp reset on how to do it... or he wont have the MAD STATS that you guys do.. you all will crush that poor boy/girl.... and without a dojo no mp5 will be hanging in that area... so it will be hard for the new player to get much idea of how to be good in mp5.. So think about new players also.. plz

sum1 post this on the day of the debate plz.. thank you bye.
[/quote]

i will make this point

anyone else cant make it and wants someone to represent them?