Roleplay: Ifs, Ands, And Buts...

(Zl-eye-f)-nea

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='27 August 2009 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1251353365' post='40317']
Well if you're going to base the RP off of game mechanics like that (which I have no problem with at all) what about a burst? That'll do the trick, depending on who you are I suppose. But it'll work for most people.
[/quote]

Sagewoman sees how Guybrush defeated her army and "Bursts" into tears. Hows that? XD

• 2 weeks later...

YAY finally found the "mark all entries as viewed" button so i can freely search for new posts without getting results like "2000 new entries" XD
Now about RP, i love it. in every online game i do it. It's brilliant. anyway...
I RP a lot in MD and i DO admit i tend to godmod. But my godmod is different (now i'm expecting posts from someone saying like hell it is). I always follow the role written in my pages, therefore my weaknesses and strengths are settled. What amazes me is that most try to cut my arms, even though i am an energy being (sry, i mix ooc with ic here...) and they're saying you godmod. well, excuse me, think about using a different weapon when you attack someone like me, duhh... Returning to my godmodding problem...
Many use weapons in combat and godmod. i agree, you can godmod for a while, but then your character, no matter what type of race it is, will grow tired. same with magic. especially with magic. let's just say godmodding consumes a lot of energy. i think anyone would agree to that.
OMG i don't understand what i wrote anymore, too many ideas XD
Now, i agree with godmodding, but only for a short wile, like "the super-duper-ultimate-no-one-can-beat-power of that character. but just for a short while, with consequences. i mean you can't just cast your most powerfull spell then hop away happily...
and no, RP shouldn't be based off game mechanics. it will simply spawn some gods into this world and trillions of weaklings crawling around.that would utterly squash the creativity of new players and make them leave the game before they even get a taste of it

Reason for editing: read something that made me want to edit
Reason for second edit: wrote "smawn" instead of "spawn" XD

Edited by Aeoshattr

Well, I don't agree xD
Godmodding is godmodding, no matter how 'short' it is. And the whole idea of basing RP on some game mechanics is so that people know their limitations. If you are strong enough to kick someone's ass, why shouldn't you be able to? If you're too weak to do that, than work your way till you are strong enough to hold your own. IMHO, playing a super-strong-being in day 1 (without any mechanics to back it up) is a form of godmodding as well.

that is right, udgard. but still... how many DO that on day 1?
and how exactly are you gonna back RP-ing up with mechanics? RP-ing offers infinite possibilities in how you express yourself. you can't just make a program that stops you from saying *kills Mur (just an example ;) )* because your attack isn't high enough. even if you do, there might be another godmoder that says *strangles Mur to death* and the program won't stop him, because he didn't say *kills Mur*. Godmodders will always be here. the important thing, IMHO, is not to exagerate. i mean, i think every player here has godmoded at least once, i can even make a bet on that.
Perhaps we should hold a lecture somewhere and educate godmodders XD i will attend if you want!
Oh, and Udgard, asuming you were a new player, would you play this game for a year and a half, striving everyday to rise your stats, getting beaten up by older players, just to be allowed to say *attempts to kick X or Y*?!
and then to be answered *dodges*!?

Edited by Aeoshattr

Well, I ignore the godmodders those people who RP *kills Mur* and RP seeing a delusional insane person =)IMHO rather than godmod and not exaggerate, I choose not to godmod at all. Although it is a thin line between unexaggerated godmodding and not-godmodding, because the point of godmodding is it's exaggerated xD
You'd lose that bet if you made it btw ;) I'm one of those players who has played for more than a year, don't godmod, wait till I actually get the mechanics on my side, and then do the RP with something backing me up. It's a bit hard with stats and trying to *hit* people that *dodge*, but I found my way around that and just cast a frog spell if necessary. They can't *resisted the spell with magical dragon scale armor* when they're clearly saying *ribbit* :D

[quote name='Aeoshattr' date='10 September 2009 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1252577643' post='41390']
I RP a lot in MD and i DO admit i tend to godmod. But my godmod is different (now i'm expecting posts from someone saying like hell it is). I always follow the role written in my pages, therefore my weaknesses and strengths are settled. What amazes me is that most try to cut my arms, even though i am an energy being (sry, i mix ooc with ic here...) and they're saying you godmod. well, excuse me, think about using a different weapon when you attack someone like me, duhh... Returning to my godmodding problem...[/quote]
And I quote from http://magicduel.com/players/Aeoshattr :
"Material weapons cannot harm me, except The Subtle Knife. Yet *grins* it is in my possession." -> Just how many immaterial weapons are there in MD?
"I have ascended, i am no longer allowed to interfere with lower planes of existence." -> Isn't fighting interfering?

Unless it is explained in chapters 1-6, I don't see any weaknesses nor what exactly a pure energy being is. If I were to rely on physics, pure energy (no restmass) equals photons, or light. Yet I doubt that this is what you meant by 'pure energy being'. And since I don't know how you manifest, it's going to be difficult to guess your weaknesses.
At least with a werewolf you can assume they are highly allergic to silver and can rely on your tea spoon in an emergency.

[quote]Many use weapons in combat and godmod. i agree, you can godmod for a while, but then your character, no matter what type of race it is, will grow tired. same with magic. especially with magic. let's just say godmodding consumes a lot of energy. i think anyone would agree to that.
OMG i don't understand what i wrote anymore, too many ideas XD
Now, i agree with godmodding, but only for a short wile, like "the super-duper-ultimate-no-one-can-beat-power of that character. but just for a short while, with consequences. i mean you can't just cast your most powerfull spell then hop away happily...[/quote]
Swinging your sword isn't godmodding, chanting an incantation to make the room very bright isn't godmodding. Both should be tiring if you keep them up for a while. However there are lots of people that want to cast spells the equivalent of a nuclear bomb. And lots of people that think they are capable of dodging everything. Those are not just energy consuming feats, they are the boring rusults of RPing a fight without loosing; escalation:
A swings at B, B dodges and swings back [i]harder, better, faster, stronger.[/i]
A dodges, preferably in the middle of a long jump (rule of cool: mid air dodging is awesome!)
B chants an instant levitation spell and pursues A in an areal battle (because we all read too much Dragon Ball manga and anyone that can't fly is a douchebag)
A speeds up till s/he reaches the speed of light
Kafuuka walks in and makes a joke about A and B being fat, then bakes two pies and throws them into their faces.

[quote name='Aeoshattr' date='10 September 2009 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1252590740' post='41403']and how exactly are you gonna back RP-ing up with mechanics? RP-ing offers infinite possibilities in how you express yourself. [/quote]
I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Roleplay does NOT offer infinite possibilities for how you express yourself. It offers a range of possibilities dependent on the setting.

Your energy being character cannot be played in the majority of roleplaying-game systems with which I am familiar... and I have been roleplaying now for quite a bit longer than you have been alive.

There is nothing in the MagicDuel setting to imply your "energy being" character could exist; that's okay, given that the MagicDuel setting is rather ambiguous... HOWEVER, combat actions in MagicDuel should not ignore the combat system entirely. There are not two games here, a roleplaying chat room and a dueling game off to the side. It is one game.

If you want to look at a roleplay character who does not god-mode, ever, then take your cues from Innocence.

Finally, saying the Subtle Knife is the only thing that can harm your character, yet it is in your possession, is god-moding twice over. You've basically taken the Excalibur of the [i]His Dark Materials[/i] series and given it properties suitable to you; and somehow, your non-material creature can hold it?

I will repeat: roleplaying should consider what a character can[u]not[/u] do as much as what s/he can do.

next time we meet i'll feed you to my grasan, just to prove that a weapon as simple as a club CAN harm you...
or even a lolly, if i feel like using Pimped ^^

back to topic:
obviously there are limits in MD!
you can push some, and breaks others, if you know what you are doing, but if you leave the complete mechanics aside, you are nothing but another godmodder who earns nothing but a toad-speak...

-there are limits on illusions, you don't change them like a hat, they have a cooldown of about 20 minutes, and even if you have totally no chance of really accessing one, you can either stick to the rules or have a nice 'godmodder, don't interact with!' stamp on your forehead

-there are, as some people mentioned already, limits on spell-casting, which are called heat... you can store some, but at some point you are out of spell-points, and if your briskness doesn't go through the roof, you'll some time to fill your heat before casting a new spell

-there are limits on engaging people in combat, 8 or 40 mins, to be exact... you can't come back after ten seconds, say you are healed, and bash me, simply cause you can't even try to bash me, the game doesn't allow that

-if you don't have the patience to improve your skills in every aspect of the game, you are wrong here anyway

Edited by Burns

[quote name='Aeoshattr' date='10 September 2009 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1252590740' post='41403']
that is right, udgard. but still... how many DO that on day 1?
and how exactly are you gonna back RP-ing up with mechanics? RP-ing offers infinite possibilities in how you express yourself. you can't just make a program that stops you from saying *kills Mur (just an example :D )* because your attack isn't high enough. even if you do, there might be another godmoder that says *strangles Mur to death* and the program won't stop him, because he didn't say *kills Mur*. Godmodders will always be here. the important thing, IMHO, is not to exagerate. i mean, i think every player here has godmoded at least once, i can even make a bet on that.
Perhaps we should hold a lecture somewhere and educate godmodders XD i will attend if you want!
Oh, and Udgard, asuming you were a new player, would you play this game for a year and a half, striving everyday to rise your stats, getting beaten up by older players, just to be allowed to say *attempts to kick X or Y*?!
and then to be answered *dodges*!?
[/quote]

If you want infinite chances to express yourself, GO TO A ROLEPLAYING FORUM. Finally, I've been wanting to say that for months... ever since people keep saying "if you want to fight, go to WoW". Anyways... Coming into a game with a combat and spell system already set up, with its own legends and rules, and then saying "yeah, well I'm above them because I have an imagination" is the most annoying, self centered thing I can think of. (sorry for the tone, but I'm fed up with stupid RP that ruins the game for the rest of us because some immature kid wants to feel special)

You can't reasonably go for only mechanics either Burns, as the mechanics in this game are quite lacking for any sort of RP. You could stand yourself on a bridge to bar my way and I could easily walk past you without having to fight you and move on to the next room. You could slaughter me, and I could move on and slaughter someone else immediately. The fact that someone (mechanics wise) can easily ignore something no person could in RL (such as someone attempting to defend someone else. No, it doesn't make sense that a person needs a spell to stand between to people, and even so there is no such spell yet in MD to get) is just a little silly. Also, needing to wait 40 minutes to fight again also seems a little strange. If you're better (and the mechanics say you are) You aught to be able to go off and fight again. Also, the mechanics greatly ignore numbers. It's easy for some characters to slaughter everyone in MD, but only because the mechanics only allow for fights one at a time, if a person COULD fight two people at once, it would be much harder. If a person could fight 10 people at once, well, it's hard to beat 60 critters, no matter how strong you are. At some point, there are too many blasted birds, and really, in that situation, should target all really hit all 60 critters? Yes, it's hypothetical, but the point is that the mechanics don't account for everything, and can't.

if the bridge is not exactly that small, and i haven't seen such a bridge yet, i can't keep you from walking past... i'm skinny, not ten feet in width -.-

if i thoroughly bash you, by which i don't mean killing a dummy-def or jsut your combat rit, but beating you up in style, you can't go on and kill someone else, your crits will be dead

Ok, that thing with stepping in between is somewhat true... but you can argue that the mechanics are only based for PvP RP, and you can step in between by slapping one of the combattants or both of them as you wish

and no matter how many people are fighting you, you always finish them one by one, that's the one thing we learn from martial arts-movies xD

The bridge to the GoC seems pretty DARN narrow to me, but it might just be a lack of scale. Most rope bridges are after all, and it looks tiny by comparison. And go ahead, kill my 6 best critters, they will be DED not dead. Why? Cause either I am not using influence (tokens I guess) and there for have the majority of my Ve (if I was serious about this fight and came prepared). Or, I am using 100%, and they're back. And if I have a combo rit to use then... They are more than back. Also, there are plenty of people in this realm that can fight with a total Ve in a ritual of 301 Ve (Or less if lucky I guess, or their critters are limited) and still slaughter well over 50% of the inhabitants. For example, if you were trying to defend Chewett (sorry to pick on you, can't think of a weaker MP5 off the top of my head) and you killed ALL my critters in the ritual, and somehow took all my Ve without any of the critters coming back, I could still beat him. Also, I can't attack MP3s or 4s.

Answer to Kafuuka(1):
What was i supposed to say?!!? Would you make a list with your potential weaknesses and hand them over? Alright, if some just can't use the neurons mother nature apparently didn't give them, i'lll just make a list. Or is it really that hard to draw conclusions from my story?
1. The subtle knife, as i said.
2. My emotions. My greatest weakness. I usually keep them under control, but i am very easy to annoy (as you can see here) therefore i go berserk which represents a great weakness. any knight could confirm that.
3. My friends. If one of them is threatened i just give up, with the condition of them not being harmed
4. Myself. Even my weakest abilities consume titanic amounts of energy. I cannot fight for more than a few minutes

Answer to Kafuuka(2): Quoting from my PL, what I WROTE IN IT: "No longer allowed to interfere with lower planes of existence... Alas, rules are meant to be broken" <-- use your neurons on that.
5.the list could go on with countless things.
6. My story is not complete. i think it ends with "to be continued" -__-'

Answer to Lucius
I was hoping not to have to argue with you, but it seems i have to.
1. There is a stargate game about to be launched. I don't think you can play an ascended in it, but you will most probably be able to in a sequel.
2. 99% of the players are things that "are not implied by the Magic Duel setting"
3. I've been RP-ing for... 12 years. You?
4.Yes, i took that weapon from the "His dark materials" series. Would you make a list of your weaknesses in your pages? I lied, as part of the RP. DUHH!! you would hide your weaknesses as well. actually i don't think i've ever seen a list of weak spots in ANY PLAYER PAGE. and i read the papers of all players i meet.
5. Yes, RP-ing "roleplaying should consider what a character cannot do as much as what s/he can do" I agree with that.

Answer to burns:
"next time we meet i'll feed you to my grasan, just to prove that a weapon as simple as a club CAN harm you...
or even a lolly, if i feel like using Pimped ^^"
You can do that. i don't care about my creatures. Technically, it's like punching a table and waiting for it to say "ow"

"-if you don't have the patience to improve your skills in every aspect of the game, you are wrong here anyway "
I do not see things that way. I signed up for this game to meet new people, not for the fighting violence is pointless(unless verbal XD). in my opinion, as long as we're violent, we're no better than the pet chimp we keep -__-

Answer to jester, and partially to burns:
1. IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT GO PLAY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a browser game duhh... Or Warhammer online. Or shaiya. or last chaos. or i dunno... that low-quality-game... what was it called.... oh, Counter-strike *yuck*. In my opinion you're playing this game for fights because you can't win in NORMAL combat games. sorry for the tone, but I'm fed up with stupid RP that ruins the game for the rest of us because some immature kid wants to feel special. Don't treat me like a child, jester. You don't know what i've been through

In my opinion, you all are so caught up by this "mechanics RP" because you are so frustrated that players won't do what you want them to do. you are trying to manipulate us, by using your influence in this game and what you have best here. Not like anything's wrong with that, but it's just the most annoying, self centered thing I can think of.
Go ahead, lower my reputation to -200 now
Oh, and kafuuka, "areal" is actually "unreal" as far as my english goes...

neither J nor me fight for fighting's sake, but because it's necessary to upgrade our critters and advance to the next level of the game...

i can't get a vampire without upgrading my TS, i can't get my private angel without killing you with the angien hatchlings, i can't get more stamina without destroying things with my trees...

you might be right with WoW and CS (btw, both games i really like) as far as pointless killing goes, which is really calming sometimes, but even in here, we can't go on without fighting, and for that we need valid targets, not stabled creatures and 'i'm on ahigher plane, don't touch me'-players...

btw, i found a nice little mechanic for your role: advance to mp6 and leave your ally, then you are SOO untouchable that it almost hurts my eyes to look at your glowing energy *chuckles*

and we insist on mechaincs to be used for RP because otherwise godmodding is allowed... we have had that phase and we are over it -.-

PS: we are NOT dealing with kids here, you are the youngest player by far XD

Edited by Burns

CS - pointless killing and low-quality game
WoW - killing has a point. don't put these two games in the same pot ever again.

It is true, in this game you cannot go to the next stage without fighting (i mean you can, if you can convince Mur XD). i never disagreed to that. i got to Mp5, didn't i?
And i am planning to get to Mp6, as a matter of fact. even if it involves making 40 alts.
That "i'm on a higher plane, don't touch me" thing is merely to get rid of unwanted attention, like yours for instance.
"and we insist on mechaincs to be used for RP because otherwise godmodding is allowed... we have had that phase and we are over it -.- "

the more you try to deny or forbid something, the more everybody will try to do it. did you never deal with kids before? even i know that. and in your eyes i seem to be the dumbest here >.>
Reason for editing: a few spelling mistakes that needed correction

Edited by Aeoshattr

"In my opinion you're playing this game for fights because you can't win in NORMAL combat games"

And in my opinion you roleplay because you can't actually accomplish anything that requires effort.

And the reason you completely ripped off your role, instead of making a new one, was because you can't think of anything original.

Oh, and I don't care what you've been through. Your roleplay isn't worth watching, so generally I ignore you, but when you get all self righteous I feel obligated to respond.

I don't play MD to fight. I play MD to interact with friends and occasionally join in with roleplay that is supported by the game, or at least not completely off base and complete fantasy. Seriously, you make up a fantasy of your own to play out inside a completely separate fantasy game? How far removed do you have to be? But I digress. My point is that if I was a mindless grinder, like you seem to think, I would be playing WoW or something, but I'm not.

This is my final post on this subject...

Get ready for a long one...

[b][i]Aeo:
Would you make a list of your weaknesses in your pages? I lied, as part of the RP. DUHH!! you would hide your weaknesses as well. actually i don't think i've ever seen a list of weak spots in ANY PLAYER PAGE.[/i][/b]
In general Role Play games, your character description (in MD, that’s your papers for the most part) is there so that people playing with you are aware of what they see visually and potentially what they are or are not able to interact with in regards to you. That doesn’t mean you make a list of weaknesses you are correct. However, it does mean that your story should at the very least allude to them. Especially if you are playing something irregular that people won’t be able to draw conclusions from, because they arn’t inside your brain to see what you feel is obvious. Your papers are not your RP, so writing lies in them, in my opinion, is a terrible thing to do. Your papers/description are/is there for ooc informational purposes in order for those playing with you to be more well informed. If you don’t want someone to know something, then of course don’t put it there. Anything visual should be there because their character could see it anyway, other than that, it’s down to how well you interact with others in game as to whether you can pull something off or not.

[b][i]Aeo:
and no, RP shouldn't be based off game mechanics. it will simply spawn some gods into this world and trillions of weaklings crawling around.that would utterly squash the creativity of new players and make them leave the game before they even get a taste of it

Udgard:
It's a bit hard with stats and trying to *hit* people that *dodge*, but I found my way around that and just cast a frog spell if necessary. They can't *resisted the spell with magical dragon scale armor* when they're clearly saying *ribbit*

Burns:
There are limits imposed by the game such as illusions[/i][/b] - (not a quote, but my summary of a post)

This isn’t like any other live text based role play game. It isn’t a free world, there is a world built around you. That’s the confusing thing. You are born into Magic Duel as whatever age you choose, but no matter what age you are, you are still a new born. At least that’s how I see it. You worry about spawning gods....but you have no issue with god-modding...seems odd to me. Ud demonstrates the game mechanics in play there, so does Burns, I would have thought that that would be an adequate explanation no?

[b][i]Aeo:
you can't just make a program that stops you from saying *kills Mur*[/i][/b]
No one suggested that. They just suggested that that was a very dull thing to do, and I’ll explain my view on that at the end of this post.

[b][i]Aeo:
Godmodders will always be here.[/i][/b]
As long as you are happy for people to act in a certain way, they will. I could say...thieves will always be around, but I doubt that would stop you from installing an alarm system in your house. So you are correct, they will always be around , but I fail to see your point?

[b][i]Aeo:
and then to be answered *dodges*!?[/i][/b]
Have you considered why role play should be an attempt and not an act? As you said earlier, not all your information is likely in your papers. Only you truly know the limits and strengths of a well thought out character. As such, only you could say how they would or would not react, what they could or could not dodge. I could not just walk up to your character and hit him, for all I know your character might have the ability to dodge me very easily. I can go to hit you, I can try to hit you, but then you say whether I do or not. I give you that freedom and trust. I give you the freedom to show me what and who your character is, and in turn you give me the same respect and freedom. As a result we build both a knowledge of one another’s character and also a respect for each other’s actions. Sometimes I realise I will get hit, because you write the RP in a clear enough way, and I know my character well enough. It’s a story we build after all. One argument I hear often is “everyone wants to win though”, of course, and if you understand that properly, then sometimes you will allow yourself to get hit, sometimes you will lose. That’s called mutual respect. Of course sometimes enforced action will happen, more often than not when it is a friendly gesture, because the point is for everyone to feel involved, understood, and respected, and of course for the story to progress and build. The latter is a bit of a complicated one, but I think I've explained what I mean.

[b][i]Tarq
roleplaying should consider what a character cannot do as much as what s/he can do.[/i][/b]
Couldn’t agree more.

[b][i]Aeo:
you are trying to manipulate us, by using your influence in this game and what you have best here. Not like anything's wrong with that, but it's just the most annoying, self centered thing I can think of.

the more you try to deny or forbid something, the more everybody will try to do it[/i][/b]

It’s not about trying to deny or forbid you. It’s about making interaction just that, and not some grab for power or to demonstrate the girth, or lack of, in a certain area of your anatomy. It’s about making role play viable. When you say “you” are trying to manipulate “us”, could you clarify precisely what it is you mean by that?

[b][i]Jester
I don't play MD to fight. I play MD to interact with friends[/i][/b]
This is the main thing really isn’t it. People role play... to play. If you choose to god-mod and you meet another god-modder then...no one will ever win or lose, there will be no story just a big bash up with very little of any interest for anyone else involved. Role play gets cut short so quickly because someone decides to just walk in somewhere, hack everyone to death, and walk out again. Is it really such a surprise then that people either ignore that sort of thing or argue with the person who did it? The god-modder has just walked into a piece of game play they don’t understand and have no part in (yet), then decide to obliterate it, ruining the game for everyone involved instead of adding to it. It is the same on a one on one basis too. Coming up to me and saying you chop Bob down accomplishes nothing, it doesn’t move the game forward, it doesn’t seem realistic and it doesn’t make me want to play with you. How about creeping along against the wall trying so Z doesn’t see you? Then Z might or might not see you. If he doesn’t see you, creep some more, then get to Bob, then get your axe out, run your thumb across it...do you see where I’m going with this? You elongate your actions, you make the game, you create the story, you make people want to play. For me, Burns (yes, shock horror, Burns, supposedly a grinder) is a very good example of someone who does this extremely well.

Anyway, that's my two cents as you guys like to say.

Z

I do have to apologize. I have let my RL issues in here, and i do deserve punishment for that.

To zleiph:
"Have you considered why role play should be an attempt and not an act? As you said earlier, not all your information is likely in your papers. Only you truly know the limits and strengths of a well thought out character. As such, only you could say how they would or would not react, what they could or could not dodge. I could not just walk up to your character and hit him, for all I know your character might have the ability to dodge me very easily. I can go to hit you, I can try to hit you, but then you say whether I do or not. I give you that freedom and trust. I give you the freedom to show me what and who your character is, and in turn you give me the same respect and freedom. As a result we build both a knowledge of one another’s character and also a respect for each other’s actions. Sometimes I realise I will get hit, because you write the RP in a clear enough way, and I know my character well enough. It’s a story we build after all. One argument I hear often is “everyone wants to win though”, of course, and if you understand that properly, then sometimes you will allow yourself to get hit, sometimes you will lose. That’s called mutual respect. Of course sometimes enforced action will happen, more often than not when it is a friendly gesture, because the point is for everyone to feel involved, understood, and respected, and of course for the story to progress and build. The latter is a bit of a complicated one, but I think I've explained what I mean."

I agree. You are right.

"You worry about spawning gods....but you have no issue with god-modding"
Because actual god-moders can simply be ignored. you can just don't give a cent on what they say. If they would actually have the power to do what they say, then wouldn't that be... serious? they could just ruin the game, and i mean ACTUALLY doing it, not just saying so. You could simply not defend yourself against such a thing...

and again, addressed to zleiph:
Did you consider becoming a psychologist? or i dunno... you really made me re-think what i said,reconsider my opinion... quite a feat actually: You got an achievement! XD

Yet i do not think RP should be based on game stats. at most on age - activity days - (assuming older means smarter :| )

Just to point out Aeo "And i am planning to get to Mp6, as a matter of fact. even if it involves making 40 alts." will result in my banning you, alts to benefit the main acc rule.

EDIT: to clarify, i'm referring to the 40 alts bit

Edited by Grido

[b][i]Aeo:
...i dunno... you really made me re-think what i said,reconsider my opinion... [/i][/b]

:) I think you just made my day.

[b][i]Aeo:
Yet i do not think RP should be based on game stats. at most on age - activity days - (assuming older means smarter :| )[/i][/b]

Well I'm not one for assuming older means smarter, and I have to say in some ways I agree with you about the game stats role play thing, in other ways I agree with what others have said. I'm a little bit on the fence about that issue in honesty. If we take for example MRD, we all treat him as strong because we know he is very good at creature battles and can wipe the floor with a lot of people - we naturally do that in our role play (at least thats what I see for the most part) so that is based on game mechanics BUT, by the same token, I'm not sure a character with weak creature battling skills couldn't smash someone up RP wise. What if I have no creatures for you to fight and I have high VE (if i work on the game mechanics idea) well then...my character still has all his health to run around and leap about etc etc. And then there is the fact that if someone has 0 VE they should be dead...but nobody dies. So even the mechanics dont support the mechanics in some ways.

I don't know, its a confusing issue for me. I try to work with both ideas personally: use game mechanics where you can because it makes it all the more realistic, and where you can't I'll react depending on how good the RP comes across to me.

Some people don't like the RP fighting in game because we have a creature battle system, but...you can't fly through the air and dodge and ..well...have a story to go with it that way...and...well for me, that's far more fun - but unfortunately god-modding can get in the way of the fun of it, and all sorts of stuff and...Im going to start rambling now so I'll stop ;)

Z

[quote name='Grido' date='11 September 2009 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1252676631' post='41522']
Just to point out Aeo "And i am planning to get to Mp6, as a matter of fact. even if it involves making 40 alts." will result in my banning you, alts to benefit the main acc rule.

EDIT: to clarify, i'm referring to the 40 alts bit
[/quote]

Lol i wasn't gonna make 40 alts, it would simply take too much time and too many e-mail addresses XD XD
So you're not gonna ban me soon because of that XD