War!

Liberty4life

when i first read jesters statement i was quite excited. while i wasn't sure if it was just a clever ruse to study the atmosphere in the realm or an honest try to bring back some of the lost spirit of wartime (not a war between factions, but a general 'state of war'), it was promising to tear people out of their comfortable ways (habit is an enemy of inspiration). when i read the declaration, i was hoping for a kind of "letos sacrifice", a reign of omnipotent danger that would recreate the time of new departures, an atmosphere where one would be encouraged, and if need be forced, to evolve and to adapt to a changing environment. while this oppinion may be a little demian-esque, i think it fits the realm.

now to be honest, i'm a little disappointet that this promising opening appears to get ended so soon (with a single, scheduled, invitation-only battle). even if this battle would/will be of epic proportions, it is just [i]one battle[/i] to [i]accomplish an end[/i], not the cradle of legends it could have been.

[but than, this is just the rambling of a warrior who laid down his own sword some time ago...]
--------------------

criticism aside, i'm expectant to see what becomes of this.

[quote name='Nex' date='22 September 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1253654096' post='42379']
when i first read jesters statement i was quite excited. while i wasn't sure if it was just a clever ruse to study the atmosphere in the realm or an honest try to bring back some of the lost spirit of wartime (not a war between factions, but a general 'state of war'), it was promising to tear people out of their comfortable ways (habit is an enemy of inspiration). when i read the declaration, i was hoping for a kind of "letos sacrifice", a reign of omnipotent danger that would recreate the time of new departures, an atmosphere where one would be encouraged, and if need be forced, to evolve and to adapt to a changing environment. while this oppinion may be a little demian-esque, i think it fits the realm.

now to be honest, i'm a little disappointet that this promising opening appears to get ended so soon (with a single, scheduled, invitation-only battle). even if this battle would/will be of epic proportions, it is just [i]one battle[/i] to [i]accomplish an end[/i], not the cradle of legends it could have been.

[but than, this is just the rambling of a warrior who laid down his own sword some time ago...]
--------------------

criticism aside, i'm expectant to see what becomes of this.
[/quote]

totally agree with you there, m8 :D

[quote]On the other hand when the opponent throws all their troops, an entire alliance, into your land, it doesn't make sense that you should have to fight them again on their own turf after you already have all their troops battered and bruised, utterly beaten in yours. Including their leader. I see no reason why the Sentinels should have to win twice.[/quote]

I completely disagree. For instance in world war 2 what happened when the Nazis invaded Russia? They had to beat them out of their own land then all the way back to Germany. Its not a favorable position to be in but having your home country invaded is never a favorable thing and should not be repeled easily.

yeah genocidal says it right, its more realistic to have two fights, thats why we agreed on two fights, but since all this is hell to organize and after fights it will be hell to see wot happened, thats why we decided that there will be no second fight, only first one, so wot happens in necro decides fate of both alliances

[quote name='genocidal' date='23 September 2009 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1253682014' post='42410']
I completely disagree. For instance in world war 2 what happened when the Nazis invaded Russia? They had to beat them out of their own land then all the way back to Germany. Its not a favorable position to be in but having your home country invaded is never a favorable thing and should not be repeled easily.
[/quote]

Ummm... So, you're saying the Nazis sent ALL their men into Russia? And then while in Russia ALL their men died, including their entire governing body? Clearly not a comparable situation.

No they didnt send all their men but at the same time not everyone is being sent into necro now are they? Not to mention beating back attackers and completely wiping them out are two different things, and im sure you can guess which of the two is the harder to do. Hence It would be more accurate if they had to fight what was left over on the other front if they managed to push them back. But I also see what Liberty is saying so im just ganna drop this. Good luck all.

Edited by genocidal

Due to complications, called reality, I will not be able to attend this war.

Instead of that I will be watching along with Grido at the peak of Mount Kelle'tha. My work here is done.

The fate of both lands lies in the hands of our soldiers and allies.

Good luck to us all.

If this battle is delayed or halted or any harm comes to the Sentinels by use of bugs I swear I will not rest until the person who did so is punished.

There will be a battle, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. If you stand in the way, I will not forget and I will not forgive.

Those that call the shots will be in the line of fire.

[quote name='pamplemousse' date='24 September 2009 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1253802187' post='42520']
If this battle is delayed or halted or any harm comes to the Sentinels by use of bugs I swear I will not rest until the person who did so is punished.

There will be a battle, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. If you stand in the way, I will not forget and I will not forgive.

Those that call the shots will be in the line of fire.
[/quote]

well well by use of bugs or what not but no mention of the stealing of character creatures there i see.
Even though the allaince was taken and wodin is under contol of peace. this does not excuse the stealing
of his creatures and NO the spoils of war is not an excuse for this. Wodin may be controld by allaince leader
of GG. He is still a player in his own right. So in essence the use of the system to take control and steal
from him is not excusable in ANY way.

There will be hell to pay for this and i will not rest untill this is resolved.
if this was any other player you would all be crying and complaining about the theft.
so why treat Wodin any diffrent?

That is all i have to say on that matter.

KOB lost the fight, I honored agreement and surrendered ally and went out of it. Now Cless is the guy with biggest loyalty in there and he will ensure that everything happens as agreed. Necrovion sent his guy, Jinta Shook into ally to watch over for time being.

i guess thats all needed to say

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='24 September 2009 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1253816152' post='42553']
NOTE to Necrovain,

If the GG allaince is not handed back by 22:00 server time.
I will Destroy Khalazdad's soul

You have been warned
[/quote]

Your warning has been noted. As Rajji Falen Angel, FirstWife of Khalazdad, my offer as a willing Hostage would have accomplished more than what your actions do now, O King of Golemus. I will send hay for your funeral pyre.

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='24 September 2009 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1253816152' post='42553']
NOTE to Necrovain,

If the GG allaince is not handed back by 22:00 server time.
I will Destroy Khalazdad's soul

You have been warned
[/quote]

V:
yrth, i know and acknowledge the dilemma between raja dharma and kshatriya dharma, but i can asure you that such a threat will only harm your cause. while the act you threatten with is meaningless itself and only bears witness to ignorance of the meaning of concepts like 'soul' or 'immortality', the grief it would cause for his familiy still is reason enough for anyone who esteemed the late greymantle or who is a friend of his family, to raise the blade against you. this includes myself, for multiple reasons.

forgive my straightforwardness, but a king who just lost his army should not force his potential allies to turn on him for such a dishonorable deed.

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='24 September 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1253808702' post='42530']
well well by use of bugs or what not but no mention of the stealing of character creatures there i see.
Even though the allaince was taken and wodin is under contol of peace. this does not excuse the stealing
of his creatures and NO the spoils of war is not an excuse for this. Wodin may be controld by allaince leader
of GG. He is still a player in his own right. So in essence the use of the system to take control and steal
from him is not excusable in ANY way.
[/quote]

As I informed you, Yrthilian, I was going to do it. But I had the degnity to tell you of it. I was not asking for your permission. I have stoped asking for permission a long time now. And not just from you.

I made a deal. And when I am within MagicDuel I am Peace. I am a roleplayer and I am strict to it. That deal was made in MD and I roleplayed it this way. The deal was this: To grand war spoils from Wodin, should I was able to take over Guirrilla. And I accepted it. Thus, when I had Wodin's control, I thought it was time to pay back the favor.

I do not consider it stealing cause I remember I did informed some that I would do it. And you know all who you are. So, I did not steal as you say, I paid for a deal I made.

I was also asked to sacrifice all of Wodin's army. Leave him with nothing. But I didn't.
I could also steal Wodin's creatures for Peace's account, but I didn't.
I was sure that a deal of 6 CTCs is more than enough.

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='24 September 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1253808702' post='42530']
if this was any other player you would all be crying and complaining about the theft.
so why treat Wodin any diffrent?
[/quote]

Excactly. You can whimper about theft all you want. But nothing will change my mind using this as an act of roleplaying. The roleplay I believe I play well and it is my opinion that is the only one that matters to me.

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='24 September 2009 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1253818688' post='42564']
KOB lost the fight, I honored agreement and surrendered ally and went out of it. Now Cless is the guy with biggest loyalty in there and he will ensure that everything happens as agreed. Necrovion sent his guy, Jinta Shook into ally to watch over for time being.

i guess thats all needed to say
[/quote]

I am proud of the fight the Sentinels and the Children gave. And most of all I am proud for each and every one of you. Well done.

[quote name='Nex' date='24 September 2009 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1253824230' post='42572']
V:
yrth, i know and acknowledge the dilemma between raja dharma and kshatriya dharma, but i can asure you that such a threat will only harm your cause. while the act you threatten with is meaningless itself and only bears witness to ignorance of the meaning of concepts like 'soul' or 'immortality', the grief it would cause for his familiy still is reason enough for anyone who esteemed the late greymantle or who is a friend of his family, to raise the blade against you. this includes myself, for multiple reasons.

forgive my straightforwardness, but a king who just lost his army should not force his potential allies to turn on him for such a dishonorable deed.
[/quote]

Finally, a person who trully understands the reasons of my actions.

I believe in this point I can also say that Yrthilian did threaten me before about Khalazdad's soul. But at some point he stopped, because he said he was not allowed to use Khalazdad's account. Good to know you had help from above while I, nor anybody else involved in this war had any of this kind of help. This is turning into a very fair game... I think I will enjoy more the rest of the days to come.

For your information though, I must tell you that you played with a very sensitive string of mine. And that I will not let it pass. Even if I was planning to give Guirrilla back once we had won, now I will not. Guirrilla stays with me and Wodin also. They will never return into the hands of any past members of this alliance until I am done.

Edited by DarkPriestess