Tainted Warriors - New Leader

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

I am putting a former Necrovion Alliance, long deserted, up for a new leader.

Those of you that want to get "[b]Tainted Warriors[/b]" (and a good amount of loyalty points) please post here what your plans are for the ally, why you should be its leader, etc etc .. like with the Tribunal alliances, you know how it goes.

No suggestions about what the ally should do at this time, i am open to creative suggestions.

It would be best if someone would keep this post updated with a list of clear "candidacies" and the plans so that they wont get lost over multiple pages.

[b]Updated with possible leaders:[/b]

[u][b]ledah:[/b][/u]
[quote]I think I can add to Necro, I plan to make the ally known and feared (even to dst and her minions) might even make it into an alliance like the arcgivists... storing all the info I can get in a place in Necro ^^ Necrovion's own Archives.[/quote]

[u][b]stormrunner:[/b][/u]
[quote]like the tainted warrior illusion says/said a elite force devoted to defending necrovion.
the main difference form the sentinels would be the tainted warriors though as a necrovion alliance would support the queen/king they would not listen. if they felt a action needed to be done for the good of necrovion, they'd do it even against orders.[/quote]

[u][b]Azrael Dark:[/b][/u]
[quote]So in summary, they would be like a national security force in protection of the Monarch and in charge of building a Necrovion Archive.[/quote]

[u][b]Nex:[/b][/u]
[quote]the tainted warriors should represent the wild nature of necrovion, the nature of shades.
an alliance of those who try to overcome their human perception, to step beyond human doubt, human moral, to act 'ziran', in sync with the pulse of necrovion itself.[/quote]

[u][b]Pipstickz:[/b][/u]
[quote]So, to summarize, my idea is that the Tainted Warriors are a more behind the scenes alliance that experiments to become stronger. Brains before brawn, and a group of members that are familiar with each other, and trust each othe[/quote]

Edited by dst

what I think it should be

like the tainted warrior illusion says/said a elite force devoted to defending necrovion.

the main difference form the sentinels would be the tainted warriors though as a necrovion alliance would support the queen/king they would not listen. if they felt a action needed to be done for the good of necrovion, they'd do it even against orders.

ranks

commander - the leader of the alliance

officer - the commanders advisers and the recruiters/trainers of the alliance

soldier - a loyal member of the alliance

trainee - one who is still in training to join the alliance or just joined

why should I be the leader

I've been mp 6 and am/was a master in the the sentinels, so I am used to dealing with newer players and helping them, which a new/reformed alliance will have a lot of. the alliance no matter what will need someone willing to defend the alliance's actions and not back down when they are called into question, I can do that.

My thoughts on Necrovion's second alliance parallel that to both Ledah's and stormrunner's ideas of who the Tainted Warriors should be. I've always had the idea for an alliance "Black Scythe Order" that operated in complete anonymity, counter to Ledah's plan that the alliance is feared. Instead, they should be a known name - kind of like CIA, FBI, KGB, or MI5 - but no one really knows how or where they are operating. And of course there will be the crazies that always think they are watching when they are not (or are they?!?). I also agree with Ledah's idea of the "Dark Archivists", who steal info from the other Archivists and gathering more on Necrovion and burning the rest. The other function of Tainted warriors would be parallel to stormrunner's idea where they are an elite squad of commandos acting in only small but dangerous operations and as Secret Service to the King/Queen. Most operations are secret to the Monarch to maintain "plausible deniability", but if she were to ask for important information they would deliver.

So in summary, they would be like a national security force in protection of the Monarch and in charge of building a Necrovion Archive.

Another branch might be an Archane Science Research Division, but that might be a little too ambitious/ too large a role for this alliance right now. However, that might be the main role for this alliance too (wink, wink, for anyone who wants to pursue this idea). Kind of like Braiton's role magnified to an entire alliance.

Why might I lead this alliance? Well, I have been around for a while so I've helped my share of new players and think I've grasped how the game works. I have considered Necrovion my home since day one too and whether official or not have been a member of the sentinels for quite a while. I can't guarantee that the alliance will be a stunning success, all I can do is promise to build this alliance as strong as possible and not abandon it.

my idea for the tainted warriors:

the sentinels represent the human alliance of necrovion, their first leader was accepted by the shade sentinel.
the tainted warriors should represent the wild nature of necrovion, the nature of shades.

an alliance of those who try to overcome their human perception, to step beyond human doubt, human moral, to act 'ziran', in sync with the pulse of necrovion itself.

the true leader of the tainted warriors is the summoned army, the manifestation of the primal force of necrovion. each human leader of the alliance has to be accepted by both the queen of necrovion and by the land, represented by summoned army, but s/he swears fealty only to the land, to the shades.

i speak not of acting like a mindless beast, but of aspiring to reach a level of empathy with the land that allows you to feel its will, and to act accordingly. while only a few chosen have transformed into true halfshades, each member of the alliance should be willing to pursue the goal of unity with necrovion, in mind and body.

they are the last line of defense, if necessary the tainted warriors strike fast and merciless. they care little for politics, for the sentinels take care of this.
their goal is to strenghten the shades and necrovion.
in reflecting the 'mirrors' they try catch a glimpse of infinity.

Well, if you look at the names of the alliances: Necrovion Sentinels and Tainted Warriors, their roles seem obvious...at least to me xD

[b]Necrovion Sentinels:[/b] Sentinels that guard Necrovion, and be more of a public, RPing alliance. Plain and simple.

[b]Tainted Warriors:[/b] In my mind, they would be a bunch of offensive troops that do experiments to enhance their abilities. So, sort of a research alliance, only for killing people. This would obviously require more than just a bunch of stats. It'd mean that the members need to be able to think as well. Stats are easier to gain than intelligence, so the main target, I suppose, would be smarter people, stats would be a secondary priority. The Tainted Warriors would be a group of people that work together well, and that trust each other good enough. Conflict in your alliance is always a bad thing.

So, to summarize, my idea is that the Tainted Warriors are a more behind the scenes alliance that experiments to become stronger. Brains before brawn, and a group of members that are familiar with each other, and trust each other.

[b]Why I should be leader?[/b] Well, I'm not proposing I should be leader. Sure, I'd do it if there were no other capable people, but if you look around, I see a couple. Besides, if I tried to become leader of a Necrovion alliance while running for king of Marind Bell, well, that just wouldn't look good, would it? :D

Edited for clarity

Edited by Pipstickz

I updated Mur's post with the current candidates. I also posted what I thought it's the main idea in each of your posts. If you think I misunderstood it let me know and I will change it.

And now a personal opinion: Azrael Dark is the most appropriate leader. I don't think you can find one more suitable for this job. He has the name, he is ALWAYS in Necro, he is a veteran and he gives cookies :D Also i do like his idea about TW. I wanted something similar some time ago but...well...hmmm...

t be honest i dont see this in my mind as being more achive related... if based on title of the alliances i would assume the Sentinel to be the protectors of knowledge and the warriors to be... well warriors... just my 2 cents... like i always say - what the hell do i know anyway?

Edited by cryxus

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='21 October 2009 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1256107292' post='45341']
Tainted Warriors, in my mind, would be a bunch of offensive troops that do experiments to enhance their abilities. So, sort of a research alliance, only for killing people. This would obviously require more than just a bunch of stats. It'd mean that the members need to be able to think as well. Stats are easier to gain than intelligence, so the main target, I suppose, would be smarter people, stats would be a secondary priority. The Tainted Warriors would be a group of people that work together well, and that trust each other good enough. Conflict in your alliance is always a bad thing.

So, to summarize, my idea is that the Tainted Warriors are a more behind the scenes alliance that experiments to become stronger. Brains before brawn, and a group of members that are familiar with each other, and trust each other.
[/quote]

dst, you got the wrong part of my post :D

I assumed people would be able to tell that I was talking about two different alliances: Sentinels and Warriors. Guess not. I'll edit so it's clearer ;)

I liked Azrael and Ledah`s ideas, especially those ones about the archive and the arcane researchers and I add a few ideas of my own, even though no one would take me seriously. It`s just my opinion - I am not of Necrovion, nor wishing to be leader, I just shared some ideas.

First of all, the Tainted Warriors should be recruited from the ranks of the Sentinels. You know, pride and glory of the corps, Necrovion. How? Well, once TW has a leader, this guy makes a list of let`s say 3-5 Sentinels and asks the approval of the queen (I understood she`s the one to decide) to promote them within the ranks of the Tainted Warriors. This should be the nucleum of TW (if those 3-5 guys are specialized - a warrior, a clerk, a researcher, a spy - it would be great). This team should work in two directions.

1) to organise TW, prepare a statement, a purpose of meaning, a code of conduct, an organigram
2) to help the Sentinels cope with the loss of manpower, actual and future.

I see the TW not numerous at first. I would like them to be more than a group of brawlers and palookas, that`s too easy.
I believe a warrior isn`t just someone with a sword. It can be also a diplomat, a writer, an artisan, a researcher. They are all fighters in their own field of expertise. TW should be an alliance of enlightened soldiers. If they`re the best of the Sentinels, they can definitely fight. Now, let them specialize themselves in other domains. You`ll have one (or more) archivist, one arcane researcher, one spy, one.. whatever. A thinktank, if you know what I mean.

And if or when their numbers will increase, then and only then should the TW have branches. Shock troops, archivists, whatever you want.

Edited by de la Rey

[quote name='de la Rey' date='22 October 2009 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1256185101' post='45408']

I believe a warrior isn`t just someone with a sword. It can be also a diplomat, a writer, an artisan, a researcher. They are all fighters in their own field of expertise. TW should be an [b]alliance of enlightened soldiers[/b]. If they`re the best of the Sentinels, they can definitely fight. Now, let them specialize themselves in other domains. You`ll have one (or more) archivist, one arcane researcher, one spy, one.. whatever. A thinktank, if you know what I mean.

And if or when their numbers will increase, then and only then should the TW have branches. Shock troops, archivists, whatever you want.
[/quote]

WHAT?!
Guerilla are taking the enlighted soldiers, the dark forces will never get the Jedi-Knights =P

Only Sith, they can become.
The path of Light, the true warrior must seek.
Fall to the dark force, they must not.

[quote name='Burns' date='22 October 2009 - 04:26 AM' timestamp='1256200015' post='45427']
WHAT?!
Guerilla are taking the enlighted soldiers, the dark forces will never get the Jedi-Knights =P

Only Sith, they can become.
The path of Light, the true warrior must seek.
Fall to the dark force, they must not.
[/quote]

:) cute burns, but your joke my be closer to right then not, or maybe I'm just insane:P

Oh no! Things are hitting the fan, KOTR style! Sith v. Jedi! It's on!

Anyway, I like and support Nex's idea too about being closer to the shades and representing the land itself and transcending humanity (if I have interpreted that right). In that case, the TW could be made up of warrior monks, priests, or special shade shamans of the sort.

In this case, what if Necrovion ever gets an assault again? How will you defend it? By throwing books with spells and researches at them? What I would like to see in the land is to have one alliance doing the history/research/worshiping shade thing and one alliance to act as the defensive forces of the land while still having their loyalties to the Shades.

The Tainted Warriors would still be a representation of the land yes, closer to shades as well as the Sentinels will be, but as their name indicate they will are fighters. And what do fighters do?

Does this make sence to you now?

I agree with what you are saying Cryxus and I understand your point. I only hope that the rest will as well.

I am still open to hear any other kind of suggestions or even updates to your(in general) initial ideas for this alliance.

Edited by DarkPriestess