Redneck And Non Return Of Payment

Firsanthalas

A while ago Redneck accepted an item in payment for artwork he agreed to do. He subsequently sold/traded/gave away the item, but never produced the artwork.
According to him he did do the artwork, but has not got a scanner and was unable to produce/send the material.
Bottom line, nothing was ever produced by him and therefore he didn't hold up his end of the bargain.
Mya and myself both asked him to return the item. I felt that his attitude was less than impressive. He showed no willingness to make any efforts to retrieve the item. It was very much a case of 'I don't have it now'. I will admitt that he offered to pay silver instead, but that is not the point.
He also offered to make another payment (I won't go into it here right now) which was dubious sounding to say the least.

Personally I regard this as theft. He took something in good faith and didn't uphold his end of the bargain and didn't return it either. He didn't seem all too bothered about it either imo. I also felt he was quite rude to Mya and myself and this after he had applied to join the Guardians!

We gave him an opportunity to resolve the situation, but I feel that he has failed to do so.

I am not expecting anyone to do anything about this as such, but I am posting it here for all to see what he has done.

Edited by Firsanthalas

• Root Admin

[quote name='redneck' date='06 December 2009 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1260133391' post='49315']
shouldnt you let me and sparr figure this pout?? and you keep your own nose in your own buisness cause you dont know what my life is like
[/quote]

actually him being the king of Loreroot i think he has every right to "poke his nose" in your business

• Root Admin

[quote name='redneck' date='06 December 2009 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1260137307' post='49317']
just cuz hes king doesnt mean he is everything and he is no different then anyone else
[/quote]

actually, it does...

he is king and he can do what he likes in his land. He has not warned you, merely pointing this out for others to see.

he is no dfferent than anyone else who cares if hes a damn king i could care less hell he aint bossing me aorund he can boss his lil minyons all he wants but hes not me

and plz spam my rep i want to have the most damn neg rep ever so i can go down in extreme magicduel history

[quote name='redneck' date='06 December 2009 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1260133391' post='49315']
and you keep your own nose in your own buisness
[/quote]
[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='06 December 2009 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1260129947' post='49313']
A while ago Redneck accepted an item in payment for artwork he agreed to do.
He subsequently sold/traded/gave away the item, but never produced the artwork.
Bottom line, nothing was ever produced by him and therefore he didn't hold up his end of the bargain.
Mya and myself both asked him to return the item.
He showed no willingness to make any efforts to retrieve the item.

Personally I regard this as theft.
He took something in good faith and didn't uphold his end of the bargain and didn't return it either.
I also felt he was quite rude to Mya and myself and this after he had applied to join the Guardians!

We gave him an opportunity to resolve the situation, but I feel that he has failed to do so.
[i][Edited for the important points.][/i]
[/quote]
It is clear to anyone with the ability to comprehend the English language that Firsanthalas is directly involved in this situation. It is his "buisness," and he feels that you, redneck, are in breach of a contract of sorts. It is fully within his rights to inform others of what he feels has been perpetrated by a charlatan.

[quote name='redneck' date='06 December 2009 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1260133391' post='49315']
you dont know what my life is like
[/quote]
This statement is irrelevant. If you had or have extenuating circumstances, you should have informed the various parties long before such an arrangement was made.

[quote name='redneck' date='06 December 2009 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1260137307' post='49317']
just cuz hes king doesnt mean he is everything and he is no different then anyone else
[/quote]
On the contrary, Firsanthalas has complete and total dominion over the land known as Loreroot. Redneck, by your application to join the Guardians of the Root, you willingly placed yourself within his jurisdiction and sovereign control.
He is quite different from other players and will have abilities beyond theirs.

Furthermore, your subsequent posts have not addressed the issue that Firsanthalas has with you: the non-return of a payment given to you in good faith as part of an agreement you made with him or another affected party. You have resorted to pathetic insults and are behaving as if you were the wronged party here, which you are not.
Your behavior is, as another stated recently, 'childish and annoying.' It would be within one's best interest to either avoid you entirely or be extremely cautious in his or her dealings with you in the future.

[quote]and plz spam my rep i want to have the most damn neg rep ever so i can go down in extreme magicduel history[/quote]
Your sort does like to compete for last place. Do not delude yourself - you are not of enough consequence to be remembered as anything more than one of a number of minor nuisances.

Edited by Tarquinus

well me and sparr have worked this out he has juts be an A-hole and not a very good king to argue with me and bring stuff up like this

i have many friends that know how i act when im not trying to piss someone off or just be lkike laz,*laughs* i like to piss on and piss off kings like firs that lieks ot bring up stuff that isnt neccisary

[quote name='redneck' date='07 December 2009 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1260147259' post='49335']
well me and sparr have worked this out he has juts be an A-hole and not a very good king to argue with me and bring stuff up like this

i have many friends that know how i act when im not trying to piss someone off or just be lkike laz,*laughs* i like to piss on and piss off kings like firs that lieks ot bring up stuff that isnt neccisary
[/quote]
It is fully necessary for people to know who can be trusted and who is a worthless slattern

yeah your a worthless slattern but sparr knows i am not we have became close friends

my apologies goes out to firsanthalas ><

wow ppl spam my rep on that thats kinda showing you dont thanbk me for atleast saying im sorry

[color="#0000FF"]Sometimes I think I am talking to the walls.
USE THE EDIT BUTTON!!!
dst[/color]

Edited by dst

Its good to see that at least Redneck made an "attempt" to apologise.

Keep in mind that NOT everyone is proficient in expressing themselves in writing.

I dont see the need to hold a court hearing.

Redneck does acknowledge that he is at fault (though the lack of humility is off putting), he did try to retrieve the item back for Sparrhawk but was unsuccessful. He did try to pay off with silver coins but Sparrhawk is not interested.

Points to note:
1. Redneck is guilty and he doesnt deny it.
2. Redneck tried to retrieve the item Drachorn Scales back from Lazarus but was unsuccessful.
3. Redneck tried to compensate with coins but Sparrhawk only interested in an item.

Solution:
1. Lazarus willing to return the item back to Redneck (I doubt that would happen)
2. Sparrhawk willing to take the coins (I doubt that would happen)
3. Redneck need to find another item for Sparrhawk (most plausible)

Now, will Redneck get an item that will satisfy Sparrhawk?

Thats kinda between them now.

too late now redneck
you have received your payment and used it for your own goals before you finished your job
totally irresponsible act

"sorry" won't make up what you've done, instead of pursuing people here, you should have acted constructive from the start, accepting accusations, critics, and not after hitting who ever you can, you start to "apologize"

perhaps your RL is a mess atm, you're not the only one, you shouldn't have used the payment before you did your job, or at least you could inform Sparrhawk. Day of the agreement passed, and you didn't informed him, what do you expect now? people to turn the other cheek and forget? Fix what you've made or face the consequences, as simple as that

Redneck, I am to understand that you as a player are very young. I recall you having issues with your scanner but that being the case, you should not have accepted such a task of producing the artwork that was requested nor payment for it.

I do not think you are entirely a bad person, but I am aware that everyone tries to get away with something at some point in their lives. If you had been paid in an item and found that you could not do the artwork that was requested because of varying circumstances, you should have spoken to Sparrhawk about it sooner rather than remaining silent about it until I offered Sparrhawk and Mya to do some of the artwork.

I most certainly do not mind doing the art for the Lorerootian trophies, but given your past history in the Artisans and had I realized that you were the person Sparrhawk had hired, I would have warned him against it sooner.

The very least you should do is try to find Lazarus and speak to him about the item, or compensate in another way because whether it is intended or not the drachorn scales that were traded away are at this point considered stolen. Sadly I do not know what the value of drachorn scales are, but I would imagine that they are considered a rare item.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

We need to have a separate section in the forum where these kinds of things (non-payment of items, creatures or currency and other fraudulent behaviour when it comes to trading)

Because.. this kinda isn't what general topic is for? General topic means general stuff, which encompasses basically stuff that is happening in MD, not a single incident concerning 2 parties which in total consist no more than, what? 3 people?

Also, I really couldn't care less what happened here, whereas I generally read and am interested in what is written in the general topic.
Don't get me wrong, should I ever be the victim of fraudulent behaviour, I'll scream murder death kill, it's just that since I am just a third party and I don't have the power to investigate and I always enforce precautions to keep fraud to a minimum, it really doesn't bother me.

I have spoken with Lazarus and he freely and willingly has given me the drachorn scales. He was very friendly about the whole thing and was eager to settle things. I would like to thank Lazarus for his consideration. :unsure: