Md Award Voting

Grido

nope, like i said, up to you lot.

I'll work on trying to get into Sage Keep, but otherwise you lot are going to have to decide on somewhere, there's no point just posting suggestions of places without posting why there, and not somewhere else.

The best place to hold a large gathering like this would be in any of the sanctuary areas. Who wishes to be assaulted during a celebratory event such as this? These awards and this event are to honor the achievements of the various players from the preceding year and should not be turned into a "Dodge the Six Tokened Drachorns" debacle, which is exactly what some will choose to do to those gathered--for whatever their various reasons may be--if this event is held in any other locale.

The Tribunal lands lack any such sanctuary areas. There are only a few in the entire game, with Sage's Keep being one such area while the rest are well known.

While I do know that Muratus Del Mur can make any place a sanctuary, I have yet to see him voice any interest in this year's awards and I have no reason to believe he will change the code of any specific place to prevent brutes and thugs from disrupting the ceremony.

Furthermore, has anyone contacted any of the various artistic personalities in the game to design the awards? While the artwork for some of the awards could be the same, and I see no need to change them unless there is a demand for such a thing (such as an entirely new theme for the artwork of the awards,) there are still new categories that currently have no illustrations.

Finally, will the winners be contacted to ensure they will be present at the award ceremony or allow a representative to "accept" their award on their behalf should they be unable to attend the event?

Votes have now been counted up, over the rest of today and tomorrow the winners will be told.

Winners are asked not to tell anyone that they have won, but to please make speeches to say at the awards ceremony on Saturday at 2000 server time.

All winners should strive to be present at the awards ceremony, if they are unable to be present, please point this out when you're told and alternatives will try to be arranged.

Ok, update, ceremony will take place at [u][b]Sage Keep[/b][/u] on [u][b]Day 352[/b][/u] (Tomorrow/Saturday) at [u][b]2000 Server Time[/b][/u].

The doors to the keep will open prior to the start time, at approximately 1900 server time, to give everybody time to get in and settled.

For those who are not able to attend, i will take a chat log, and the speeches will be presented in the archives, anyone who wants the full log is welcome to contact me and i'll send it to them.

[b][b][i][color="#993300"]MD Awards Ceremony[/color][/i][/b][/b] Don't forget!

The MD Awards Ceremony starts at [b][color="#993300"]2000 server time TODAY[/color][/b] in [b][color="#993300"]Sage Keep[/color][/b].

Don't miss the event that everyone's been waiting for!

Doors will be open from approximately 1900 server time to give everyone time to get in, and get settled.

--Grido

• Root Admin

[b]MD Annual Awards 2009[/b]

I must add that these rewards are important annual awards and maybe you should think next time of better advertising them in time and do everything possible to have more voters. Its both my fault for not realising in time that the in-game voting system could be used for this, but its also yours that you closed votings with only 24 voters.

An other thing that i didnt liked is that some of the people voted or proposed for this voting are no longer playing. Some were not active in 2009 so how could they win a prize for 2009? In that regard, i will give the reward to Khalazdad only if he _personaly_ comes to ask it.

An other thing, alt were not allowed, but i still see alts in that list. Because i don't want to disclose them, i wont, but its a public warning i give you that i know who your alts are, and if you claim you don't allow alts, then keep your word and don't. ..for the future at least.

The good thing i have to say is that you managed to put up a good checking system and divide counting over 3 people to be sure its accurate, and it was. I double checked your counting, and unless other info appears about missed or wrong votes, you counted perfectly.

The MD Awards votes were collected by Grido,dst and Ailith. Both nominations and votes were open to all. The people who voted, and by that determined the winners, were:<br>
Zleiphneir, Chewett, Burns, Totenkopf, Master B, SageWoman, Cutler, Lifeline, Kafuuka, Aelis, Indyra, MRAlyon, Handy Pockets, Pamplemousse, Tarquinus, Peace, asryn, Marvolo, dst, No one, Grido, Ledah, Ailith<br>
(If you voted and sent your vote to all 3 organizers and you are not on this list, pm me). The votes and the counting were double checked by me (Mur).<br>

The winners list is:
(numbers represent number of votes)

[b]Best Back Story:[/b] *Indyra Sirenias* 7,
( Amoran K Kol 6, Innocence 6, Jose 1)

[b]Best Debater:[/b] Grido 8
(Zleiphneir 5, Kafuuka 3, Malaikat Maut 2, Peace 1)

[b]Best Fighter:[/b] dst 10
(Lifeline 4, *Clock Master* 2, Cless 1, Unknown Entity 1, *Burns* 1)

[b]Best LHO:[/b] *MasterB* 9
(*Princ Rhaegar* 3, *Indyra Sirenias* 3, *awiiya* 3, *Burns* 2)

[b]Best Personal Papers:[/b] Pamplemousse 6
(Shadowseeker 4, Akasha 3, Kafuuka 1, Rendril Revant 1, Ladytwin 1)

[b]Best PL Entry:[/b] Zleiphnir 12
(*Burns* 5, Sagewoman 2)

[b]Best Protector:[/b] Pamplemousse 8
(*Princ Rhaegar* 4, Lifeline 3, Ailith 2)

[b]Best Quest: [/b]Cutler 11
(Shadowseeker 4, Zleiphneir 2, Akasha 1)

[b]Best Quester:[/b] dst 8
(asryn 5, *Indyra Sirenias* 3, Eigger 2)

[b]Best Role Player:[/b] Thomas the Titan 6
(Tarquinus 4, Granos 4, Zleiphneir 2, Ailith 2, *Sagewoman* 1)

[b]Best Spell Caster:[/b] Shadowseeker 4
(*Clock Master* 3, MRD 3, Granos 3, Yrthilian 2)

[b]Best Techie:[/b] Cutler 11
(Rendril Revant 7, dst 1)

[b]Best Villain:[/b] Granos 13
(dst 3, Assira the Black 2, Ledah 1)
[b]
Most Addicted:[/b] Grido 12
(Sagewoman 5, Lazarus 1, Ailith 1, dst 1)

[b]Most Influential: [/b]Khalazdad 9
(Peace 6, Granos 4, Akasha 1, Pamplemousse 1)

[b]Outstanding Service to MagicDuel:[/b] Chewett 8
(Rendril Renvant 6, Grido 3, Ailith 3, Lazarus 1, Jonn 1, Glordamar 1)

[b]Rookie of the Year:[/b] *Observer* 9
(Rhah de la Rey 8, Yoshi 2, Robin Mea 2, Milordo Zik 1, *Madalina Fitzroy* 1)

[b]Veteran of the Year:[/b] Chewett 9
(Firsanthalas 5, Yrthilian 3, Demo Account 2, *Sagewoman* 1, *Burns* 1)

Winners get a 2009 award medal, and those that won in two categories will get a gold one. Organizers will get also a reward for organizing this without any reminding or support from me.

The medals will be given in the next days. Remember you need to have an avy to see the medal.

---

The detailed votes (without names) are attached. Each column represents the votes from the same voter.

P.S. @grido,dst,ailith: There was no need to send you this count as i initialy said, because my results were identical with yours.

Edited by Muratus del Mur
updated

• Root Admin

@dst grido ailith

For organizing this, or at least taking care of the event, you get a spell, acousticremains (or increased cast if you already have it) and a wp.
For those that don't know , this is the spell for retrieving the chat in one location. I think an "organizer" should have it :))

You also get a custom item that will be a surprise.

Thank you

p.s. i know you dont consider yourselves "organizers" but since you counted votes and there is no one else responsable in any way of the event, i do.

• 2 weeks later...

All Trophies(pics) and Medals (on avy) have now been distributed

Anyone who thinks they're missing theirs please message me, although, considering that i used the winners list, this shouldnt be the case.
You can only see the medal if you have an Avatar.

The md-archive.com article ~should~ be up tomorrow night, if certain people who couldnt make it to the awards ceremony get me their speeches.

• 2 weeks later...