C'est Impossible!

Burns

Well, there's some method...which won't prevent anything from serious alt abuse, but would definitely be annoying for real players who want to play.

Capping their EXP.

It may result in them just going even more berserk, but it may also let them realise they are doing something that'll hurt themselves as well.
Capping the EXP isn't hard if you fulfill some criteria, and i've kept that as a method for the SG violations if things get annoying.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='05 January 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1262683990' post='51883']
Well, there's some method...which won't prevent anything from serious alt abuse, but would definitely be annoying for real players who want to play.

Capping their EXP.

It may result in them just going even more berserk, but it may also let them realise they are doing something that'll hurt themselves as well.
Capping the EXP isn't hard if you fulfill some criteria, and i've kept that as a method for the SG violations if things get annoying.
[/quote]

emm, not sure if i get it right, but i dont understand how capping the exp can help in this matter.well, they can still attack newbie with regen and hurt them even when they're at exp cap(if you're referring to the attacker's exp)

[quote name='CrazyMike' date='05 January 2010 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1262670290' post='51877']
Though we do not like the idea of newbies getting negative vp, but unfortunately, technically, there are no rules on the appropriate time to use a regen rit. Though the act might be malicious, a player cannot be banned or warned [u]when no rules are broken.[/u]
[/quote]

Actually if you read the restriction page you'll find this:
[quote]All methods to lose fights are allowed, including spam attacks to get lost fights, anything at all, ... however if more players complain about your actions you should stop or target other players or you will get on the 'black list'[/quote]
I believe this rule applies to the case.

• Root Admin

Wishing Star and Mr Mystery - baned for repeated abuse against new players. This is a one time decision, don't take it as a rule. They received info to contact a mod to get out, its up to you when that will be.

note: this is according to the rules, more players complained, as dst pointed out.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='05 January 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1262688055' post='51889']
Wishing Star and Mr Mystery - baned for repeated abuse against new players. This is a one time decision, don't take it as a rule. They received info to contact a mod to get out, its up to you when that will be.

note: this is according to the rules, more players complained, as dst pointed out.
[/quote]

Wait wait... so the blacklist is pretty much a jail/ban right? ^_^

I received this today:

*sent 1 hour and 56 minutes ago Read later
Help request
hi,
i know i did some bad things on my old account, Wishing Star. it's just that an older player gave me the creatures and the christmas gift let me level them up. then i discovered that they could give negative value points and then i guess it got out of hand.
i know hurting new players like that is very mean and i'm verry sorry for that. i promise i won't do it again.

edit: I'm not defending him, people, or anything :D I'm just the messenger
He was a menace to my adepts as well :)

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

[quote]then i discovered that they could give negative value points and then i guess it got out of hand.[/quote]

Yeah, right...like we are children and we will believe that...It was done on purpose and with specific target.

A decision about those 2 players has been taken: they will remain in jail for 1 week. After that time, they need to send Grido or Akasha a PM to ask to be released. If they will hurt noobs again then they will go to jail and they will probably never be released.

Edited by dst

When I was MP3 it happened to me as well after 3 weeks of playing. I got -150vp and even more annoying all my creatures lost all their XP from two or more weeks. At that moment I was VERY close to stop MD. I think punishing does not prevent players from leaving MD after a few days, I would prefer a rule which completely takes the "fun" out of these rituals for MP3s. I suggest no negative XP and no negative VP for MP3.