C'est Impossible!

Burns

This is a ONE DAY-newbie who got some beatings with regen, ONE DAY!!

We had troubles on that front with that Wishing Star-jerk for some days now, and there were incidents at other times, too, but on that occassion, we DO need a solution!

[For those of you who have been used to GGG and burst-farming for ages now, 300k neg VP means that this newbie is unable to buy and upgrade creatures for a whole effing week, which is basically the end of MD for him, 'cause who waits for a week to buy the most basic crits _before_ knowing how this game works?!]

I dearly hope that something is done about this to set a precedence, and that some lasting solution can be found, for banning each one seperately AFTER they did the harm is a bit pointless... Do people not apply any common sense when they want to win HC? -.-

PS: Dear Mods, i didn't know where to put that, please move as you deem fitting...

oh, PPS: Since Warpig didn't answer anymore, and most probably never will, and i don't have too many tools here, i don't know for sure if it was Wishing Star or not, I just assume it because i heard about 5-8 complaints about that acc in the last few days

Edited by Burns

indeed, this is harsh for someone who just started this game. on one side, it's the game. on the other side, is mp3 not made to explore the game without these huge sitsbacks? for my part, it should be removed from mp3, exspecially people who just played a few days and know almost nothing will not play any further when this happens I guess...

Greetings, Orlando

We used to be able to reduce xp on mp3, but now it's only available on mp5. maybe a similar thing can be implemented to prevent negative VP on mp3s? Some people find joy in causing trouble for others, and I agree that the new players need some kind of protection.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='03 January 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1262535411' post='51740']
There's one spell to resolve this..I don't assume it will end public though.I'd suggest that the sendtogazeebo spell or so, an already existing one, also gets a vp reset to 0. It's not like it's restored to max, but at least it's 0 again.
[/quote]

no, you cant add setting vp to 0 for send to gazebo, it means i can lose all my exp through regen rits, get -10mill vp and then get it reset to 0.

what you need is to stop people doing it, make it an offence, and start sending to jail.

Then again you'd have to make the SG thing I have partially (not anymore), and the MR GGG punishments also violations with that reasoning.

It's ingame mechanics, and attacking people ingame is not forbidden until enough complain..(like we do here).

Why don't we use the rules as we have them now?

Aye there is a problem with this its disgusting, I have had a few complaints about wishing star (mp3) and n00b (mp4) They are both alts I just dont understand why someone would want to mess up new people in this way for no apparant reason.

hmm, just a suggestion, cap mp3's vp to a minimum of 0 perhaps? as for mp4, they have exp cap of 4.2mil, so i think it's still recoverable pretty easy with helps from others. and since they've gone through mp3 to learn about the basic stuff, they should also learn how to avoid getting those huge negative vp somehow, or at least learn that when they break GGG's rule, they'll have to pay for it in a way or another.

[quote name='kamate' date='04 January 2010 - 05:34 AM' timestamp='1262583293' post='51800']
hmm, just a suggestion, cap mp3's vp to a minimum of 0 perhaps? as for mp4, they have exp cap of 4.2mil, so i think it's still recoverable pretty easy with helps from others. and since they've gone through mp3 to learn about the basic stuff, they should also learn how to avoid getting those huge negative vp somehow, or at least learn that when they break GGG's rule, they'll have to pay for it in a way or another.
[/quote]

I just made a suggestion in the "punish rednick forum" about making a stock to punish offending players. Putting people like wishing star and noob (and their alts/main accounts) in the stocks for a few weeks would help solve this problem as well.

Cutler

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Maybe what's needed is a way to keep MP3's from going negative. A way of setting MP3's so their vp and ve cannot go below zero like ap. They would have to be made aware that the protection ends when they go to MP4. That way newbies wouldn't be driven off.[/font][/color]

• Root Admin

mp3 cap for vp set to min zero, OR, based on active days, meaning players under X days will never get negative vp.

That will protect new players but will also make md more unpleasant the more you stay in it.

Anyway, as long as this is done only by two players , there two can be warned, then baned if they continue...BUT..this can get easy out of hand and become an easily abusable reason for ban and i don't like that.

Anyway, keep an updated list, warn them, and if it turns to be an isolated event I will ban them for a while. I will be working on the general solution with the vp cap too but might not be done in time.

p.s. ads are running like crazy and it would be a pity to scare newcomers away like that

Yes it would appear that Mr Mystery is another one that is using a regen rit.

~V~ ~L~ Player You lost Enemy lost Rounds Time
IN X X Mr Mystery 0 -44987 10 04-01-2010 13:58:17 replay

Two 7 AD people were hit with his regen rit. The one has confirmed it hasn't deterred them, the other I'm not so certain. I will be having a talk with Mr Mystery next time I see him.

Edited by Yoshi

just in case mur is going to put a cap to mp3's vp, crit's exp should be taken into consideration as well. even though they wont be getting negative vp, regen attack can still reduce the victim's creature's exp, it will still hurting those poor newbies to see their hard work of trying to learn and level up their crit went down into the drain just because someone who want to win HC tries to eliminate any possible challenge he/she might have.

i second cutler's suggestion about the stock punishment. though, as always, we probably need to give a chance to the accused to reason for his behavior at least. with enough complain from the victims and bad reason from the accused, he/she should then punished for his way of having fun by ruining other's. i also like dst's suggestion about letting him to wander around without the ability to attack or logout(or perhaps sanctuary wont protect him anymore as well? :) )

Edited by kamate

[quote name='apophys' date='05 January 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1262659373' post='51857']
The solution is to fix regen. Simple. Make another way for mp5 to lose xp.
[/quote]

yeah, that would do too, since regen rit wont cause any mp5 to suffer at all(because they can either get the vp back up in a few burst at GGG or mostly because mp5s with regen trees wont be attacking mp5s without trees since they'll just get exterminated in round 0 :) ). besides, we got sacrificial altars to reduce exp (at least 1 of the way to lose exp for now)

I have spoken to n00b and he claims that he only attack with regen at GGG violators (mp4).

Cant explain Wishing Star or Mr Mystery.

Though we do not like the idea of newbies getting negative vp, but unfortunately, technically, there are no rules on the appropriate time to use a regen rit. Though the act might be malicious, a player cannot be banned or warned when no rules are broken.

I would only suggest better protection for newbies, and try to get mentors to protect them better.

Maybe rules that doesnt allow regen rits to be used for attacks unless permoitted by player being attacked?

Just as a note: I could care less what mp4 do to each other, that's kinda their own problem, and same goes for aged mp3, but taking away massive ammounts of VP from a _starter_, as in less than 5 active days, is screwing them in a way that simply makes them quit for good...

It's a different case when people need to wait for age on their crits and stuff, but when they don't even HAVE crits, or need to get them upgraded to keep on playing and get a grip on the basic fighting mechanics, then, and only then, they need protection from negative VP

Turning down negative crit-xp for mp3 might be a nice idea, those alts can screw any creature that is not yet maxed beyond repair, and the players suffering from that might quit as they advance to mp4 when they don't see much of a chance to defeat anybody anymore...

But I think that you can win on mp4 with level 1 crits as well, specially with SG still kinda-alive that shouldn't be too much of an issue

Edited by Burns