1St Md Special Merchendise Auction

Muratus del Mur

There's one bad thing though about keeping the offers here..essentially the traders have to "keep their merchandise", because they have to fulfill the bid they offered. That limits the trades..but I'm still wanting to get something, so oh well.

Just would be nice if this could be done within the next month.

Just a suggestion on the auction, its not going to be easy to decide on the value of spell docs, creatures and items. On deciding all the "stuff" offered, mistakes could be made.

May I suggest that only coins can be offered at the auction. This would be cleaner. Those interested in bidding would need to liquidate their stuff.

This will eliminate the need for Mur to decide on the value of crits, items and spell docs. Let the open market decide the price. Of course there is the danger of liquidation and not winning the auction. This will leave one with lots of coins. A risk for one who wants to partake in the auction?

[quote name='CrazyMike' date='27 January 2010 - 07:00 AM' timestamp='1264568442' post='53467']
May I suggest that only coins can be offered at the auction. This would be cleaner. Those interested in bidding would need to liquidate their stuff.
[/quote]

And how do you suggest I should liquidate my wish points? Cause I bid with some of them.

[quote name='dst' date='27 January 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1264595817' post='53475']
And how do you suggest I should liquidate my wish points? Cause I bid with some of them.
[/quote]

I will give you a gold coin for a WP all you need to do is figure out how to transfer it :P

Cutler

WP is a recognition of one's effort and is not transferable.

I guess if Mur is allowing WP to be used for bidding, a value would have to set by him for all WP used in auction.

So, its coins and WP, still alot more cleaner than creatures that has to be valued based on token, aging and wat nots.

:P

Agrees with Udgard.

But then it comes back to setting points on creatures with age, tokens..... still a tedious job that comes with a big headache.

The market (MD players) should decide on the value.

How abt a third party controller?

Example: DST has a creature with tokens. She puts it in the market (payment to be used for auction). Udgard willing to pay 5 gold coins for it. Third party holds the 5 coins from Udgard. If DST wins auction, DST sends creature to Udgard and third party gives coins to DST. If DST loses the auction, the coins are returned to Udgard.

By doing this, Mur does not need to waste precious resources (time) on calculating value of creatures, items or spell docs
Third party who is recognised by Mur, will ensure that buyer has the coins and is not a figment of imagination
Bidders does not have to liquidate unless they win the auction

No headache for Mur, bidders just need to find potential buyers for value purposes, auction becomes cleaner

:rolleyes:

WP is the only exception as it cannot be sold. Mur needs to set a value on that.

Uh..even if you say so, there is nobody out there who pays the FULL price of a drachorn with tokens.

No matter what you do, once you try to liquidate it, you lose value..that's why I wouldn#t want to have this point system. Especially seeing as some things are judged differently..and what use has Mur with coins, if he plans to take the creats etc for use later?

• 2 weeks later...

It should be cancelled and reopened when Mur has some spare time and can do it within one week or so, most of the offers will be retreated in this time and people have not put much tought on this matter anymore. So I say let's start over, or have someone to do the biddings, or have a certain rule-pack. either way, this auction is failing at the moment:P

• 1 month later...

If the price still i give all my creats in both counts(ID`S 437876', '529585', '530702', '530703', '538592', '540164', '544226', '566766', '600630', '608994', '610399', '610400', '610405', '610452', '613549', '614755', '625594', '627690', '627691) and more ids the creatures have tokens my logs
lol all my wapeon inventory
for the DarkV
and he can reset the shop it isnt self mutilation because u can use a reset shop

Edited by Manda

• 4 months later...