Rp Heads To Other People

Darigan

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The recent announcement about the ability to roleplay Heads to other people during the heads contest is one that for now is in the testing stage of the Boss HC, but the thought of bringing it to regular HC has a few pros and as far as i can tell one really big con.

Pros: The chance for stronger players who have won HC before to give the somewhat weaker ones their heads as a chance to win for themselves.

Cons: Alt abuse, using main and alt accounts to trade off heads to each other to increase score.

The one other question is would this ability be able to be used between players of different MP levels? That might be one solution to the alt problem if most alts are only mp3. Though somehow I doubt that.

Opinons and thoughts are welcome and please vote on the poll.

I think only allowing the giving of heads to a person of the same mp sounds nice :) but what about player in mp3? XD anyways i'm not sure about teh ability to send heads anyways. i mean... if you want someoen to take your heads set a rit and let them right? IDK! :P I guess it doesn't really matter for the boss heads competition but i don't really like the idea of it in the regular HC

I agree with Atlas. The Heads Contest is a fighting contest for a reason, and I know too few "roleplayers" who also know how to fight: and most of my favorite players in the game can do both. Learn to fight, or stay away from Heads, I say.

[b]Edit: It seems to me even more peculiar in the context of the Boss Heads contest, which really should include strong fighters, people who understand the fighting system. I tend to think that, at best, it's unnecessary, because people who know how to fight can transfer heads quite easily anyway.[/b]

Edited by Tarquinus

Hello, i am vampir, and i am an alt-abuser. I'm clean now for 39 days.

Comes to me as a surprise that i'm the first to vote _positive_ on this idea.

That said, HC is not the fight contest (as some of my lucid colleagues could so naively suggest). In all it does usually involve forms of 'giving head' that only from mechanical aspect could be considered a 'battle'.

So-called 'alts' were, are and always will be there. It is a choice like any other, choice that cheaters, lazy and less intelligent people will make to further waste their time, blind themselves, and provide others with additional choices. Like i used to. I have 39 very deep, single account days in my papers to prove the point.

I strongly support any and all options that will allow people a choice to be peaceful but still not restrict them. Roleplaying is just a very supportive way to do so. Hurray for this change!

Yes, yes, yes! It is fun. I may look like RP, and there are no creature fights involved, but it is just another tool, like spells. Fighting is not just about who is strongest. HC is fun because of things like strategy and diplomacy. It is interesting to be able to give someone heads they don't want, for example.

Surprise! Surprise! I too, voted no in this poll. I am a role player, and while I can fight, I do not do so very well. However, I feel I must speak on behalf of the Fighters who do fight well.

It seems to me that those battling to get Heads already utilize the Friend card and get their Heads quite easily. As others have stated before me, the Head Contest is about fighting and using your creatures strategically. While this is merely experimental in the Boss Head Contest, I see no reason why it should be brought to the main land if it proves successful. Just because something works does not mean it should be used. The Head Contest is Unfair. Let it also not become a joke to the general population of Magic Duel

I don't really have a problem with being able to roleplay giving heads to someone else.

The one question I have is: does this transfer work long distance? If so, then I would have to vote no.

Later Edit: I tested it, and it doesn't work long distance. So... no problem here!

Awi

Edited by awiiya

As far as I know yes it only is applied to the Boss HC right now though if someone can confirm it being able to be used on the mainland please comment here

Edit: tested and you get an error message if your on the mainland saying the player is not participating in the same boss heads contest as you....so in short the ability is still only available to the BHC competitors

Edited by Darigan

I voted No!

Its already happening now with HC chasers getting heads from friends and alts. Allowing the new RP spell will only make it easier. I know the HC is unfair, does it have to make it easier for players with alts or more friends.

I am hoping to enter Boss HC later, and I shudder if this RP spell is allowed, how much abuse can it do?

Picture this, I have lots of silver and gold. I sponsor other players to join Boss HC. Thier job is just to give me their heads.

Is that an abuse?

or just another part of HC being unfair?

:)

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]Yes.
1. Those that don't want to give heads by RPing just won't do it anyway.
2. Those that usually set a rit for someone to take their heads might do it thru RP as well...
3. RP gives the option to give heads to few players equally or however is chosen by the player that is giving up heads and that might be interesting.[/color][/font]

I voted yes. This will allow for some majorly interesting changes in strategy. Also, who said popularity is a bad thing? This will just force people to get to know others, even if it is for self gain.

No! HC is not fair ! it;s a statement of power, manipulation , hiding , demonstrating your abilities, hunting . Heads shouldn;t be given in RP, because they can already be given through rits .Let the ones who enjoy fighting actually fight.

[quote name='Indyra' date='30 April 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1272604882' post='58977']
No! HC is not fair ! it;s a statement of power, manipulation , hiding , demonstrating your abilities, hunting . Heads shouldn;t be given in RP, because they can already be given through rits .Let the ones who enjoy fighting actually fight.
[/quote]

If you want to give the heads through fighting, you still can. But what about those that don't want to give them up through fighting? Well now they have a chance to do just that through this.

Surprisingly, i'm supporting that.

Look at the HC, it's a charade anyways, I'd by no means say that Grido and Chewie are weak fighters, but... well, now i don't know how to end that sentence without saying it...

HC was a popularity contest all along, if you have the right friends, they cover your abuses and help you, if you cross the wrong people, you are screwed.
By no means is Heads about fighting anymore.
Absolutely not.

So, yeah, spares me the trouble of setting up something to give the heads to the right person, me likes.
Alts don't grow heads anymore while offline, in case you forgot, and when they are online, they'll get caught pretty easily, not much of a problem imo.

[quote name='Burns' date='30 April 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1272609619' post='58980']
Surprisingly, i'm supporting that.

Look at the HC, it's a charade anyways, I'd by no means say that Grido and Chewie are weak fighters, but... well, now i don't know how to end that sentence without saying it...

[b]HC was a popularity contest all along, if you have the right friends, they cover your abuses and help you, if you cross the wrong people, you are screwed.
Absolutely not.
[/b]
So, yeah, spares me the trouble of setting up something to give the heads to the right person, me likes.
Alts don't grow heads anymore while offline, in case you forgot, and when they are online, they'll get caught pretty easily, not much of a problem imo.
[/quote]
Certainly true.

But hey, at least right now I can look down on the heads mafia without a second thought.

The new change will give the impression that it is actually [b]endorsed[/b] for winning HC.

Whether you set a specific ritual for someone to take your heads or you give them like this, it is the sae outcome of a giveaway.
Since it can happen anyway, I don't see a need for it through chat. All it has changed is that HC is even easier to fix a wimner.

Granted, head gifting is easier, however, what little chance there was for error, such as someone running by and taking the heads in the midst of confusion or the players first needing to learn what rituals are needed to acomplish this feat.

In something like the boss heads contest (which can be won multiple times by the same person) it is already easy for the strongest to dominate the battles, the only way to overcome it is through superior strategy (like in normal heads)
Ultimately, I think it is better not to have the feature because at least when gifting through battles, the opposing players are able to counter that action (which can in turn also be countered and then that move counter, ad infinitum)
but now what stops one from juggling heads around with associates so that the aggressor can never get hold of them.

[quote name='Burns' date='30 April 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1272609619' post='58980']
HC was a popularity contest all along, if you have the right friends, they cover your abuses and help you, if you cross the wrong people, you are screwed.
Absolutely not.
[/quote]

I'm saddened to hear that. Especially since I achieved my record high mp4 score 2 months ago without help from friends. I proved that it can still be done by fighting alone.

The current boss heads, however, is a different matter. The leader is Yoshi (mp3), because everyone's been giving him their heads via RP... and he's untouchable because of mp levels. I really don't like this development of a popularity contest, because I would never have a chance at a win.

However, this problem would be solved by Guardian Army working during HC.

I abstain from voting on this topic. I think it's too early to know.

Edited by apophys

[quote name='Darigan' date='29 April 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1272585099' post='58954']

Cons: Alt abuse, using main and alt accounts to trade off heads to each other to increase score.
[/quote]
I am sure this could be fixed, just like attacking alts was.

[quote name='Darigan' date='29 April 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1272585099' post='58954']
The one other question is would this ability be able to be used between players of different MP levels? That might be one solution to the alt problem if most alts are only mp3. Though somehow I doubt that.

[/quote]
Alot of people spend time on their alts equally, so they could be all different mindpowers. I do quite like Adi's suggestion though.

Heads has never been only about fighting... This addition certainly has its flaws but its still a decent improvement bringing heads back to the social challenge that it once was. But then again I'm one of the people who disagreed with head contest winners not being able to take heads... At least we have torch contest :)

Just my 2 cents..

Shame on those who abandon their RP/Character/Good-Manners/Soul just to chase heads. There are many situations where good people are still trying to carry on training (GGG etc.) or otherwise would consider it annoying to have to reset their delicate rituals, and it would be rude to bust in and take heads by force. This gives people a way to pass the candy to the children and tell them to go away and play somewhere else, without bothering them.

My problem is with the lower mp levels. I can't get the heads from a lower mp level if that person is not in a an ally. Basically in BHC this just damages the whole game. Unfortunately this round I had and I will not have the time to play too much but during the hour I played this morning I can tell you that I will not play if the current system stays the same.

Ok, let the giving of the heads stay but only between the same mp level.