Several Alts Having Roles In Different Lands?

Chewett

• Root Admin

I am Currently worried about the many conflicts of interest that people are going to have if you are going to let people with multiple alts and multiple affiliations into these NEUTRAL guilds.

The first point i am worried about, is that Mur Said that Sasha Ilias could be in the guild. She did not apply as lunar Priestess yet that alt seems to be in the guild? can i apply to run something and then choose my alt?

The second point is that there is such a range of "characters" in Mcvites collection. I cannot believe she will be neutral in having so many roles. Having one role so closely tied to GG (being the second in command of the on the alliances once) and ofc her role in the pirates group. I do not believe she should be part of this Neutral Guild.

I feel that if you want neutral guilds you need to have guilds that do not have alts of people who are already affiliated with lands.

What i want to know if you feel that someone who has this many alts, and so closely tied to a land should be allowed to join a Neutral group.

If you guys think that fine, then i shall be ofc enrolling all my alts in each and every new founded "neutral" guild and each alliance in the lands. Because they will be so much more neutral when i can control them as i wish.

Edited by Chewett
i really cant spell can i? :))

I agree with you here chewett

No an alt should not gain such bonous as in the long run they could use this as a way to
help their main or even through another form help allaince that may be conflicting with the new roles

I dont just meen for the account you speak of above but in general
as i said in my post for the woodcutters how many players are alts of another
this in a way helps players gain more control over something to manipulate
I dont believe any alt should be able to hold roles in anyother land

That s the poitn fo a main account it is for use as the main and its influences
are the most important or at least should be to have an alt in a position of power
in another land is in its self a conflict of intrest.

I have only ever seen 2 account that could pull of the non interfearing of another account
and keep the conflick to intrest away from each one.

I dont think any alt should have power in another realm you the player are ether alined to
one land or another not both especaly when it will cause a conflict of intrest between lands.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='11 August 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1281541316' post='65780']
I have only ever seen 2 account that could pull of the non interfearing of another account
and keep the conflick to intrest away from each one.
[/quote]

And as many of my friends have so quickly pointed out i agree with you. There are one or two players who can do this VERY well. And to those players who have played several roles perfectly i take my hat off to you.

But if these neutral guilds fill up with alts, and if they are to be the only suppliers of these things, then it is most definitely smart to give it to people with no affiliation.

There is another aspect. Give someone else a chance. What is the point in essentially having the same people running everything? I think it is good to spread things around a bit and not very healthy for a person or persons to have their fingers in too many pies, especially if they can result in a conflict of interest or leave them open to abuse.

[quote name='Chewett' date='11 August 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1281540584' post='65779']
I am Currently worried about the many conflicts of intrest that people are going to have if you are going to let people with multiple alts and multiple affliations into these NEUTRAL guilds.
[/quote]

I agree that a conflict of interests will certainly arise with a number of alts spread through the resource guilds. However, I'm not sure if there should a be a strict rule against it, or if it is possible to run the guilds based on trust between the members.

But the main reason for my reply, is not what I think, but what I don't know. Are these guilds really neutral? I am aware that the guilds are traditionally neutral, but then again, the traditional guilds were centered in neutral lands because of this. If the resource guilds are expected to be neutral, I see one of the greatest benefits of the new gathering/crafting system, that being the intrigue and craftiness of politics, going out the window.

So, could you point out to me where it is said the new guilds are neutral, if such a statement from Mur exists? (I'm not saying it doesn't; in all likelihood I missed it among the spread of new threads on the topic.)

[quote name='Ivorak' date='11 August 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1281542791' post='65784']
I agree that a conflict of interests will certainly arise with a number of alts spread through the resource guilds. However, I'm not sure if there should a be a strict rule against it, or if it is possible to run the guilds based on trust between the members.

But the main reason for my reply, is not what I think, but what I don't know. Are these guilds really neutral? I am aware that the guilds are traditionally neutral, but then again, the traditional guilds were centered in neutral lands because of this. If the resource guilds are expected to be neutral, I see one of the greatest benefits of the new gathering/crafting system, that being the intrigue and craftiness of politics, going out the window.

So, could you point out to me where it is said the new guilds are neutral, if such a statement from Mur exists? (I'm not saying it doesn't; in all likelihood I missed it among the spread of new threads on the topic.)
[/quote]

i was unaware lunar was an alt, i was informed she was actually sasha's sister. and as i have been outloyalties there is nothing i can do about it

This is where I post my points.
Firstly Lunar is not me, it is my sister, which is why I say "speaking on behalf of lunar priestess". Secondly Sasha lilias has left the woodcutters due to these complaints and thirdly Mcvitie has always been a Citizen of GG but if it is going to cause such an uproar then fine, I shall drop from being a citizen of that land.

I do not let roles cross, look at mcvitie and sasha, there is a big difference between them.Sasha is neutral and always will be.
I hope this helps a little, even if chewett does have a personal problem with me.

I think I will let you know of all my alts actually, to get this behind us.

Me(Clarissa)-Sasha lilias,Lady Eve,Guess Who, Elementum Era and Mcvitie

Mcvities shadow(Chris)-Mcvities shadow, Celestial ice king

Lunar priestess(Sasha)- Lunar Priestess.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

• Root Admin

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' date='11 August 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1281550021' post='65809']
I hope this helps a little, even if chewett does have a personal problem with me

[/quote]

yes, i always have issues with you mcvite, that is because i hate your guts. And is the reason i am always nice to you when i speak with you *SARCASM* I Suggest you come find me to to resolve the issues you have with me. My contact details are on my forum profile.

On a more ontopic note:

I have raised this topic because the recent alliance creation and this is my beliefs that have been devolping over the last couple months of slow "alt invasion" where i have seen numerous alts playing prettymuch not even playing a role, just trying to "pretend" to be affliated into the lands.

If you are creating guilds that are supposedly neutral then you should at least not pick someone who has strong affiliation with other lands.

I think that what Chewy is really getting at, is having a situation whereby a player has an alt in multiple guilds, especially if it is one in each land.
As the guilds are not combative and are neutral in that sense, then there really isn't an issue of conflicted interest as such. Although there could be if a person was more willing to sell or give materials to a member of their main's land or indeed pass things on to their alts for their alts to benefit from.
I for one have no issue with someone that has an alt in Golemnus or anywhere else having a character in the Woodcutters. I would have an issue with said alt passing stuff to their alts or chums though, or dealing unfairly with people.

I also don't want to see a situation where essentially the same person is turning up in every alliance/guild in MD. That is a personal viewpoint, but there it is. It is my impression that some people that joined the Woodcutters had no interest in joining Loreroot as a citizen and indeed may have held some animosity towards it. I find it galling to think that people will just jump into the guild simply because of what it is and no other consideration, like where it is. I hope I am wrong in this and apologies to anyone that feels I am being unfair, but it is my personal view on the matter. I already feel that citizenship is not treated properly by many people and some people think of alliances as nothing more than frat/social clubs. That is part of the reason why I don't always reply to people that want to join the Guardians, sometimes I let them do the chasing. If they don't, then perhaps they were not that serious to begin with. Personally, I'd rather one committed individula in the alliance than any number of Johnny come lightly types.

Late note: I would also like to point out that at least one person wanted to change who was in the guild (by that I mean their alts). To me this instantly screams of having no regard to keeping alts separate and distinct. You may disagree, but that is how I see it.

Edited by Firsanthalas

[quote name='Chewett' date='11 August 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1281552273' post='65815']
If you are creating guilds that are supposedly neutral then you should at least not pick someone who has strong affiliation with other lands.
[/quote]

If you are referring to me, I do not have any strong affliations with any land. Mcvitie does though, to GG, though I have already said none of my alts are influenced by one another, apart from one which is due to role. Also I think I have already made it clear it is not me that plays Lunar Priestess. :unsure:

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='11 August 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1281552432' post='65816']
Late note: I would also like to point out that at least one person wanted to change who was in the guild (by that I mean their alts). To me this instantly screams of having no regard to keeping alts separate and distinct. You may disagree, but that is how I see it.
[/quote]
Just saw this.
The reason I said I was willing to drop out from GG was not because of gettign roles mixed but wanting my sister to have an enjoyable time in the guild. If you have brothers or sisters you will know what I am on about. I do not want people saying nasty comments to her, or myself, because an "alt" is in a different land.

[color=purple]Posts merged - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

To play devil's advocate -- what if with all these new guilds, there are not enough active players to staff everything?

I am suggesting that we consider these "guilds" to be a lesser thing that true alliances, such that you can be a citizen, and alliance member, and a guild member.

Further, rather than worry about creating a zillion alts to staff them all, how about just above-board rules of trade and if somebody doesn't behave the leadership kicks them out....

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' date='12 August 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1281564819' post='65839']
I am suggesting that we consider these "guilds" to be a lesser thing that true alliances, such that you can be a citizen, and alliance member, and a guild member.
[/quote]
Mur has explicitly stated guild members cannot also be alliance members. Furthermore I abhor the notion of guilds being less than an alliance. They are different, but that does not imply one is better than the other. Half of the 'old' alliances aren't even remotely connected to fighting, which made me wonder why guilds - which are also not about fighting - even need special treatment. However I'm told mp5s are relentless in attacking everybody they can, which could pose problems for lower mp level players. [i]- before anyone bothers: I am not afraid of mp5, that 'ultimate fighting' level just fails to interest me.[/i]

That aside, I too wonder if there will be enough players interested in joining a guild with their 'main'.

@Ivorak: the crafters have always claimed neutrality. And I've never seen them behave otherwise. Whether this should extends to guilds that are assigned a land I don't know. If we look at reality, guilds often had local branches in every land or a competing guild of sorts. If the lands were to have all resources and thus become self sufficient, that'd be boring and purpose defeating.

• Root Admin

I am sorry i did not read all of the post yet, but i want to reply to something very important related to this:

Mcvitie - no sisters, no cousins, brothers, boyfriends, uncles, hamsters, parrots or any living being related to that plays md. Considering your previous problems with this, I dont care they are different people, i will consider them your alts. So please leave the seat in the guild for someone else and don't take up the space with one of your alts. If you wish to replace sasha ilias with an other account because that one is in jail, that is fine, but then remove sasha from the guils ASAP.

no alts in such guilds, this is outrageous. You have such limited seat number and it is such an important role and you people cant stop yourself from cheating the moment this is on.