Freed Credit Links Ban

Fyrd Argentus

Yrthilian your right about one thing not a lot of people are crying over it. but at same time if you look at the activity on these forums you will notice they fairly dead. who comes mostly to the forums? the higher older players who have everything from the shops in the first place.

this was presented as a matter of people scamming the system which i don't see. i voted everyday i could, except for when the links were all messed up due to lag they didn't work right and i don't know if my votes were counted. i can remember a time when mur made it so if you became a supporter you got an increase in in your amount of credits for that month alone, but then people would cancel and resubscribe. he called this cheating him? well, maybe it was but maybe it wasn't? point is that's how it was set up and why wouldn't someone want to make the most out of their money worth?

bottom line here is if mur thinks everyone is out to cheat him in one form or another just make the game pay to play. then those of us who don't have means to pay or can't pay will move on and no one will be "cheating him"!

I do not accept the proposition that Mur is a deluded paranoiac who thinks the world is out to get him. People are out to take advantage of him: his game, his generosity, and his time. We say in our family "even paranoids have real enemies." It's not a wild idea that people are out to screw Mur over. It's a documented fact.

Hurting Mur is a violation of his trust. If he doesn't trust the community, how can he offer free credits for the MD shop?

Many of us have bought credits while also using the free credit system. It annoys me that people are so greedy and lazy they would abuse the free credits, because they've ruined a good thing for the many of us who used the system honestly.

I hope the suspension of the system remains temporary, but you won't see me threatening to make my participation in the game contingent upon its existence. The point is that because of the greed and sloth of a few, the rest of us don't get to keep nice things.

[i]Edited to fix a typo[/i]

Edited by Tarquinus

I would like to share my experience when I was a noob (I might still be a noob coz there is still lots I dun know)

When I first started, I used IE to play MD and use IE to vote.

Some links say vote but after clicking them there was no vote link available.

Then 1 day I used my Ipod to vote and I saw that the links that never showed vote links now have vote links.

I experimented with a different browser and saw that vote links are available but not for IE users.

I then started to use different browser to do my votes.

I'm not IT savvy so I felt maybe with IE, when I click on the link, IE just votes for me automatically. (I used another browser because I didnt like the idea of IE voting for me, I prefer to manually click the vote button)

Maybe that is the reason for the lack of voting, its coz IE doesnt display the vote links?

• Root Admin

[quote name='pipster' timestamp='1286572389' post='69942']
i can remember a time when mur made it so if you became a supporter you got an increase in in your amount of credits for that month alone, but then people would cancel and resubscribe. he called this cheating him? well, maybe it was but maybe it wasn't? point is that's how it was set up and why wouldn't someone want to make the most out of their money worth?
[/quote]

Did you know if you write a check, then spend all the money in your bank you can use more money than you have? Your excuse is "that's how it was set up and why wouldn't someone want to make the most out of their money worth" Yet you will still go to jail for fraud. Do you have no morals/brains?

[quote name='pipster' timestamp='1286572389' post='69942']
bottom line here is if mur thinks everyone is out to cheat him in one form or another just make the game pay to play. then those of us who don't have means to pay or can't pay will move on and no one will be "cheating him"!
[/quote]

Are you stupid? You are complaining how something has been removed to aid you to play without paying, yet your suggested solution is to make everyone pay? You can still play without paying, its still very possible.

Personally, I wouldn't mind voting everyday even without all the boosts and credits given for them. Perhaps you could have two pages - each with the same number of links, but one page would give the boosts and credits, and the other page would be for those who just want to vote. Of course, that would be mean very few would use the latter page, but I'm sure some would.

As someone mentioned before, (s)he thought it pointless to vote for a few insignificant (?) stat boosts, but my point is : why not vote for MD so we can bring more people in? That in itself should be reward enough.

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Maybe what is needed is an explanation of how the free credits work to support MD. Some newer players may be ignorant to how they help beyond ve, vp, and ap.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1286611436' post='69961']
Did you know if you write a check, then spend all the money in your bank you can use more money than you have? Your excuse is "that's how it was set up and why wouldn't someone want to make the most out of their money worth" Yet you will still go to jail for fraud. Do you have no morals/brains?

Are you stupid? You are complaining how something has been removed to aid you to play without paying, yet your suggested solution is to make everyone pay? You can still play without paying, its still very possible.
[/quote]

chewett it seems you jump to conclusions just like someone else around here. that is whats wrong! i didn't ever try to cheat mur, i don't think a lot of people have tried to. if they have then he should look at how he sets things up not just come out and say i am being cheated so i am removing this! i have morals and i have apparently more brains then you as i think accusing anyone of anything is wrong without proof! (note: writing a check knowing you have no money in your account isn't the same, unless you are simpleminded/chewett. so try again with a better analogy next time)

as for your other thing about making the game pay, it is a very simple solution to murs problems of people trying to get free credits to buy things. if you remove the whole chance of them and make the game pay only then no one can ever cheat him. will there be a ton less players? sure. will you lose out on people trying it then maybe paying? you bet you will. but this is a very simple solution to this problem. this is based not only off the free credits link being removed but the current events in the game.

• Root Admin

[quote name='pipster' timestamp='1286647418' post='69975']
chewett it seems you jump to conclusions just like someone else around here. that is whats wrong! i didn't ever try to cheat mur, i don't think a lot of people have tried to. if they have then he should look at how he sets things up not just come out and say i am being cheated so i am removing this! i have morals and i have apparently more brains then you as i think accusing anyone of anything is wrong without proof! (note: writing a check knowing you have no money in your account isn't the same, unless you are simpleminded/chewett. so try again with a better analogy next time)

as for your other thing about making the game pay, it is a very simple solution to murs problems of people trying to get free credits to buy things. if you remove the whole chance of them and make the game pay only then no one can ever cheat him. will there be a ton less players? sure. will you lose out on people trying it then maybe paying? you bet you will. but this is a very simple solution to this problem. this is based not only off the free credits link being removed but the current events in the game.
[/quote]

please read my post. Where did i accuse you? I merely made a point about your idea of people and i quote you "make the most out of their money worth?" using a method that is clearly wrong.

If you had paid attention to any of the announcments mur has made you would know that your "help" by suggesting it being pay to play is both a very stupid statement and never going to happen. I would recommend you pay attention to the announcements so you may not appear so foolish.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1286647885' post='69976']
please read my post. Where did i accuse you? I merely made a point about your idea of people and i quote you "make the most out of their money worth?" using a method that is clearly wrong.

If you had paid attention to any of the announcments mur has made you would know that your "help" by suggesting it being pay to play is both a very stupid statement and never going to happen. I would recommend you pay attention to the announcements so you may not appear so foolish.
[/quote]

chewette i didn't say you made that claim! if you were around when this happened you would of known more about it maybe? if something goes on sale would you only buy the first thing on sale, then the rest at full price? nope i doubt it. he should of simply said before it went up for sale, one time limit ... ect, not jump the gun to blame people for cheating him.

now for this matter of voting. it is easy to see how many free credits are given out then look to see if the voting links have increased. you can even figure out the percentage of those who don't vote this way. so mur should know what percentage of people were abusing this system.

one of the things i think he should of done instead of just removing it for everyone is to set the voting to appear after so many active days, to make this even easier just make it something you can buy from MD shops for free after 30-60 active days. another way would of been to restrict it to mp 4 or above. more then likely the ones who are abusing this system are those who haven't put much time or effort into the game.

for the never make it a pay to play game i know it will never be pay to play, if you look at my first post i stated this. but i guess you just skipped to the last page?

Free credits:

What are free credits?

Free credits are a determined number of links, mostly where MagicDuel is registered and competes with other games for a top position.
When you click that link, you are redirected to another page. In that page you need to vote for MagicDuel. This help both MagicDuel and you.

How it helps MagicDuel?

It serves as advertising (helps promoting) to the game. With your votes MagicDuel gets a position, attracting more players to the game.
So basically the more votes, the more players.

How it helps you?

For every link you open the game gives you a boost of vital energy, value points and action point. Also it gives you from 1 to 2 cents of credits.

What is the problem?

People is just opening the links and NOT VOTING. That means that the system has been abused, because you get the boost, but MagicDuel
is not getting your votes.

Game first solution?

Locking the votes for everyone. If the game don't receives your votes, why will it give you the boost?

The lesson (my point of view):

MUR WANT TO TEACH US A LESSON. IF YOU DON'T VOTE, NO MORE FREE CREDITS.

It's up to us the players to make the Free Credits available again, bringing new ideas and solutions.

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1286567836' post='69936']
This has happened before because of abuse the links used to give a lot more back then too
I fully understand the reasion behind this and why it needs to be done.

For one it has a few memebers comming forth complaining but this also shows
how little support the MD comunity give in regards to voting. It only takes 5 to 10 min to
do the votes can people give so little of their time to support MD in thoes links?

I will admit i didnt do them every day. I more forgot to or it was because my day was really busy
but when i did remember to do it i did them all properly.

So since the ban has happened i would like to see people making a proposed solution
more so people to research the solution.

I have heard that some site send confirmation of a players vote but thoes site normaly take a day to report the
information so in turm would be useles for the gainf the AP and VE as you would only get them once the system
confirmsa the vote.

So any other suggestions i will admit this is not my area and i dont have any other suggestions
but someone out there must have an idea or knowledge about this sort of thing.
[/quote]

Yrthilian, is right here! (Or at least I think so)

Rather than making a proposed solution most of the people in the MD community are just complaining and whining for the lost creds, I too will also admit that I did not properly vote everyday (due to time constraints) but whenever I did (which would've been around every third day), I did do it properly too.

And I also agree with bfh lighthing, the problem with the current system is that it people are just NOT voting and I would think (personally) it would be up to .Mur. or another person of his "crew" to open it up again.

Here is one of my suggestions:

Use a more manual system (where players WILL require interaction with someone OR have players send in screenshots of them voting)

Cons
[list]
[*]Very time consuming
[*]Extremely lengthy just to attain possibly even 0.01 credit
[*]Easily abuse-able by the people whom you may have to interact with/People with alts (If the player interaction is used)
[*]OR Mur's/whoeverelse's inbox will explode (If the screenshot version is adapted)
[*]Potentially less voters as it will be a messier system
[/list]

Pros
[list]
[*]No voting = No reward
[*]Larger/Unique rewards may be handed out
[/list]

So this problem will be solved soon or..it's possible that will stay like this a long time?

i saw a few "angry" posts, and i really don't want to keep them "alive"....so this is just a question :)

thanks !

I would suggest against making suggestions. The ideas have been almost all used and stating pros and cons can often be counter productive. If mur plans to re instate the free credits he has a plan already if he doesn't well than mur help us all. If he doesn't see any viable idea we will see the free credits page leave our top bar. At the current moment sending angry letters and disjointed complaints are not going to resolve the issue. I think we all have to accept it is no longer in our hands.