[Necrovion]I Am Rask

Rask

I am Rask, first born son of Khalazdad, first King of Necrovion, gotten from the womb of his favorite wife, born within the barren walls of Deathmarrow.
I was bathed in sand and branded for the Shades before I knew the caress of the living.
I have emerged from my self-imposed isolation in the desert.
I have sand in my skin and in my blood.
I wish to claim my birth right.

Edited by Shadowseeker

....*pause for effect* Well good luck with that..I'll give you this you've got guts but bloodline or not you'll have to deal with the current system of monarchy, in this case your best chance would be to try calling for an election and hope you can get enough support behind you to have an election and dethrone Jester, not that I don't think you'd be fully capable of it considering how much we see of the current crown. So, I say again good luck with that.

Edited by Darigan

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1286820879' post='70141']
I am Rask, first born son of Khalazdad, first King of Necrovion, gotten from the womb of his favorite wife, born within the barren walls of Deathmarrow.
I was bathed in sand and branded for the Shades before I knew the caress of the living.
I have emerged from my self-imposed isolation in the desert.
I have sand in my skin and in my blood.
I wish to claim my birth right.
[/quote]

I removed the Khalazdad Dynasty when I became King. Your birthright is your genetics, no more is it political.

It seems that it will also be my task to restore the Khalazdad Dynasty...

King Jester, I am saddened by the realization that you care so little for the legacy that had been entrusted into your keeping. However, even as things stand now, I was born and marked to inherit my Father's crown, and that is what I intend to do.

To what extent do you plan to hinder me?

---

Thank you, Darigan, for your blessings. Your recommendations will not fall on deaf ears.

The Legacy entrusted to me was not one of a split up family who could do nothing without Khalazdad's guidance. The legacy I care for is of the Land of Necrovion.

I will not hinder you, but you will not have the Crown. You are a new MP4, fresh out of the wasteland with very little experience and likely little knowledge of Necrovion. You want the land simply because you are related to an important person, not for any good reason.

Your family had their chance.

[quote name='Jester' timestamp='1286848178' post='70169']
The Legacy entrusted to me was not one of a split up family who could do nothing without Khalazdad's guidance. The legacy I care for is of the Land of Necrovion.

I will not hinder you, but you will not have the Crown. You are a new MP4, fresh out of the wasteland with very little experience and likely little knowledge of Necrovion. You want the land simply because you are related to an important person, not for any good reason.

Your family had their chance.
[/quote]

Before I went into the desert, I was raised and trained by my Mother, with the help of those who were close to my Father.

All of the knowledge and experience my Mother had have been passed down to me. Whatever else I might lack in terms of those two qualities, I can count on the support of those who helped to raise me.

As for the land of Necrovion itself, I have actually lived in the desert. I have exposed myself to its elements and its creatures. Can you say the same, King Jester?

Regarding why I want the land and its crown, I do not seek it for its own sake. I feel the Shades have too long been denied their prominent presence in the realm, the land have too long lacked a guardian with a visible and active hand, and the crowns spent too much time in their display cases than on the heads of sovereigns. I intend to change all that, and I believe that to be a good reason.

What have you done for the land in your care, King Jester?

Under the care of the Khalazdad Legacy the land Necrovion fell apart, and the people I was able to work with in Necrovion were driven away. Under my care, the land is almost back to where it was before your family took over. Once I finish repairing the damage your people have done I will begin to change Necrovion into what I see it needs to be.

[quote name='Jester' timestamp='1286849740' post='70173']
Under the care of the Khalazdad Legacy the land Necrovion fell apart, and the people I was able to work with in Necrovion were driven away. Under my care, the land is almost back to where it was before your family took over. Once I finish repairing the damage your people have done I will begin to change Necrovion into what I see it needs to be.
[/quote]

It seems we have one thing in common, that we both have a vision for what the land should be.

I have declared my vision. What of your intentions for the land?

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1286850059' post='70174']
It seems we have one thing in common, that we both have a vision for what the land should be.

I have declared my vision. What of your intentions for the land?
[/quote]

You will see shortly. I have said enough today, I want to see how other's respond.

It's not my place to interfere, but I, as a quasi-veteran and past follower of Khalazdad, do find it within my rights to comment.

Khalazdad repeated to me that it was the people that he served, not himself, and it was for his subjects that he would sacrifice everything as long as they called for him. Once they ceased to call, he moved on.

When have the people asked for you to rule Rask? Where were you when elections came up and Peace was victorious? Now you come, expecting to be embraced by the very people Khalazdad left Kingless and without direction?

Where is the imaginative touch of Khalazdad, the dark yet enticing way with words that he had? You have none of this. I don't see how his teachings have sunk in, as you claim.

Never forget, Khalazdad came to fill a vacuum, and when that position no longer held him hostage, he moved on. There's one lesson that we all perhaps have to learn: how to let go when somebody or something no longer needs us. I'm practicing as hard as I can, what about you? Does the past still have its carefully manicured hands on you?

Let's let Khalazdad rest in peace. Waggling his corpse about on the tip of a pole is too grotesque even for the likes of Sentinels.

Awi

I may not know the whole story, but as far as I remember, Peace, as heir of Khalazdad, was elected Queen of Necrovion. And when the time came, she passed on the crown to Jester. So in my view based on the limited knowledge I have, Jester is a king acknowledged by the Khalazdad Dynasty, in a way. Thus, I don't see why another representative of the dynasty should seek to overthrow him.

[quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1286852428' post='70177']
It's not my place to interfere, but I, as a quasi-veteran and past follower of Khalazdad, do find it within my rights to comment.

Khalazdad repeated to me that it was the people that he served, not himself, and it was for his subjects that he would sacrifice everything as long as they called for him. Once they ceased to call, he moved on.

When have the people asked for you to rule Rask? Where were you when elections came up and Peace was victorious? Now you come, expecting to be embraced by the very people Khalazdad left Kingless and without direction?

Where is the imaginative touch of Khalazdad, the dark yet enticing way with words that he had? You have none of this. I don't see how his teachings have sunk in, as you claim.

Never forget, Khalazdad came to fill a vacuum, and when that position no longer held him hostage, he moved on. There's one lesson that we all perhaps have to learn: how to let go when somebody or something no longer needs us. I'm practicing as hard as I can, what about you? Does the past still have its carefully manicured hands on you?

Let's let Khalazdad rest in peace. Waggling his corpse about on the tip of a pole is too grotesque even for the likes of Sentinels.

Awi
[/quote]

The people did not ask for me to rule, for I was not well known. Now I have made myself known.

I was still a child when my Sister ruled, I had not the wits to rule a land nor the strength to carry a crown. I believe I now possess both, and my Sister no longer ruled.

I am not my Father, nor am I his mouth piece from beneath the sands. I am the vessel of my Father's teachings, and my Mother's will, but I speak my own words.

It may very well be that the past have a strong hold on me, it was how I was raised. I do not know if my Father needs me to do what I do now, he no longer speaks. I do not know if the land and its people need me, perhaps they will soon choose to speak. I am not a hound that comes and goes only when bidden. I declare my presence and my intentions, and those who care to may speak their will.

I do not disturb my Father's rest. I do not use his history as my shield, I do not use his words as my sword. But I will raise his name as my standard, for that is part of me, passed to me by his will and blood.

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1286853685' post='70178']
I may not know the whole story, but as far as I remember, Peace, as heir of Khalazdad, was elected Queen of Necrovion. And when the time came, she passed on the crown to Jester. So in my view based on the limited knowledge I have, Jester is a king acknowledged by the Khalazdad Dynasty, in a way. Thus, I don't see why another representative of the dynasty should seek to overthrow him.
[/quote]

There is no question that Jester is a lawful King. However, I do believe I could do better.

As you say, the Dynasty chose and acknowledged him. However, by renouncing the Dynasty, he have proven himself to be a poor choice. I intend to correct that poor judgement. I do not believe any who can still speak for the Dynasty will contradict me.

Edited by Rask

I do not contest your citizenship, I am not disputing that you do indeed belong in Necrovion. But you have no right be King. Those that would speak for the Dynasty did so when they allowed the power to be transferred to the current King. If this was so important to you, you should have made damn sure you were there to take it, or that Peace not give it away. The Dynasty lost all rights to the throne when Peace willingly gave Jester, a “commoner”, the crown. This abdication entitles you to nothing, Rask.

This hubris of yours, so clumsily disguised as strength, only proves that you have only your own purposes to serve, not the good of the people of Necrovion, who you seek to speak for, yet do not know.

Legacy is [i]far[/i] different from birthright.

Khalazdad was a warrior, not some fawning family man. He was not “Daddy”, he was a commanding force of nature capable of teaching brutal lessons. You know this as well as I.

It is [b][u]this[/u][/b] spirit that I uphold, it is [b][u]this[/u][/b] legacy that I value. You would do well to remember that before bringing your misguided sense of entitlement to Necrovion.

(I believe this topic has served its purpose: the character role has been stated. Could the mods please close this topic.)

While my opinion on this matter may not be well educated on this issue, or with any meaning in this sense:

I have to agree with Awii and Jester.

You came in, expecting something to be handed to you... Have you ever bothered to educate yourself on what the people want? People seem happy with Jester, as I am. If people were not, then I am sure someone would have stepped forth to try and claim the throne.

Demanding that you get the crown, as you speak, seems to me of only childish wants and nothing more than to carry on something long dead. resurrecting something, from the looks of it... How do you expect it to work again? Do you even know enough about MD? Do you know how to even act like a leader and treat people how they should be under the same respect that is considered fair, but reasonable?

As you said before: The people do not know you. The people do not know what you are capable of.

It seems strictly to me that you are drawing in things that happened in RP to draw your basis... while yes, RP is an important factor, to me, it turns me off to the thought of you gaining the crown. You want the crown because of something that happened in an RP, not because you duly deserve such a thing.

Rask you are being very open about your intent which is good, but as Curiose says there is no real indication you are deserving of Kingship. Not upholding the Dynasty is the only real argument you have posed against Jester, but that isn't a good enough reason to overthrow him.

Jester you arn't being open at all and state all this time you have been fixing what the dynasty broke but again arnt being open about how or why. You want opinions, but your chosen Queen wants the topic shut down.

Pamplemousse here you are speaking about 'the people' and hubris when you are the one royal power (unofficial or not) who has had no public voting associated with you.

Peace gave the crown to the next in line as voted by the people rather than a personal choice and seems almost berrated for that here.

At this moment in time, for me, Rask doesn't make a great statement but then nor do the current royalty.

Z

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1286873932' post='70197']Pamplemousse here you are speaking about 'the people' and hubris when you are the one royal power (unofficial or not) who has had no public voting associated with you.[/quote]
Hubris, in the sense of [i]excessive[/i] arrogance, hardly seems applicable to a [i]de facto[/i] ruler who has been ceded the insigniae and thus virtually all the real power of the throne. The question of how she came to possess such symbols is, as she notes with reference to Jester's accession, belated, and I contend completely beside the point: she has the power, and speaks with the authority of her position. This discussion is tangential to the question of Rask and his suit, which as Pample notes has been stated. I believe the call for this topic to be closed is apposite; let another be opened if outsiders to Necrovion wish to discuss the throne's future.

Umm...allow me to point one thing:when important changes are made (eg: Peace giving the power to Jester) an official announcement is made. Except a forum announcement from Jester, I saw nothing else...

And now a minor request from me to you Tarq: we are not all native English speakers and even if I understand your wish to speak elevated (hope this is the correct word) I, personally, don't want to use google translate to understand you. Thanks in advance.

Edited by dst