[Necrovion]I Am Rask

Rask

[quote name='lightsage' timestamp='1287005019' post='70285']
Some things puzzle me... As far as I can see it is obvious that the vast majority of the people of necrovion at the moment do not wish Rask as their king.

Now what is stopping the shades whom you claim to act in the interest off from taking the trinkets these players (pamplemousse currently) have away and into your possession? Perhaps the shades do not wish for a prominent presence.

Perhaps a prominent presence of theirs would be in the best interest of the people of Necrovion? Unless the people agree with your ways on this trough claiming the crown because of this would be pointless as they do not see things your way.
[/quote]

It does seem that the vocal portions of the people are opposed to my claim, but I don't see how that is puzzling. Perhaps you expected otherwise?

I believe you are under the misconception that I am behaving according to a will other than my own.

The Shades have not acted. I don't know why and I don't care. I will act as I believe befits them. They may allow themselves to be elevated, or they may try to stop me. I give the people the same choices I offer to the Shades.

Perhaps I was unclear, your motives puzzled me.
It is clear to me now through, that you lack what your father had and will always have, authority.

Now, it also seems to me you have not understood your father's teachings, I seem to remember him saying "A king is only king as long as his people allow him to be". This is a quote I might be wrong about, as I it was a long time ago, I am left with the expression through.

What I am certain he has said and perhaps these are words you ought to heed:

.Khalazdad.: One day I was celebrating a victory with my men after a long campaign south of the Khaladzad desert, from which my first name is drawn. The heat and he sun and wine combined to rob me of my native quickness -
.Khalazdad.: and in truth I was never much of a warrior. Darker arts hold my attention.
.Khalazdad.: An enemy, Lim-Tul from the Shull tribe of the Northern Wastes, infiltrated the camp. When I went to the trenches to releive myself,
.Khalazdad.: he sprang up from the muck and quickly had me at his mercy at the point of his spear.
.Khalazdad.: "You killed my family," he said, "and I would have you know who it was who has defeated you. See my scars? These you gave me years ago when I was but..."
.Khalazdad.: He stopped talking quite abruptly. It took a moment for me to notice the cloth yard standing from his chest, so suddenly had it sprouted there. One of my sentries had saved me with his eagle eye.
.Khalazdad.: Before the light went out of Tul's eyes, as it did slowly, I told him: "When its time to talk, talk. When its time to kill, kill. Don't talk."
.Khalazdad.: Being a master of Death, I kept death from him for three days, during which time I acquainted him well with the sound of his own voice. Some mistakes are made but once.
.Khalazdad.: You will have the chance to repeat your error or not many times over.

[quote name='lightsage' timestamp='1287006840' post='70287']
Perhaps I was unclear, your motives puzzled me.
It is clear to me now through, that you lack what your father had and will always have, authority.

Now, it also seems to me you have not understood your father's teachings, I seem to remember him saying "A king is only king as long as his people allow him to be". This is a quote I might be wrong about, as I it was a long time ago, I am left with the expression through.

What I am certain he has said and perhaps these are words you ought to heed:

.Khalazdad.: One day I was celebrating a victory with my men after a long campaign south of the Khaladzad desert, from which my first name is drawn. The heat and he sun and wine combined to rob me of my native quickness -
.Khalazdad.: and in truth I was never much of a warrior. Darker arts hold my attention.
.Khalazdad.: An enemy, Lim-Tul from the Shull tribe of the Northern Wastes, infiltrated the camp. When I went to the trenches to releive myself,
.Khalazdad.: he sprang up from the muck and quickly had me at his mercy at the point of his spear.
.Khalazdad.: "You killed my family," he said, "and I would have you know who it was who has defeated you. See my scars? These you gave me years ago when I was but..."
.Khalazdad.: He stopped talking quite abruptly. It took a moment for me to notice the cloth yard standing from his chest, so suddenly had it sprouted there. One of my sentries had saved me with his eagle eye.
.Khalazdad.: Before the light went out of Tul's eyes, as it did slowly, I told him: "When its time to talk, talk. When its time to kill, kill. Don't talk."
.Khalazdad.: Being a master of Death, I kept death from him for three days, during which time I acquainted him well with the sound of his own voice. Some mistakes are made but once.
.Khalazdad.: You will have the chance to repeat your error or not many times over.
[/quote]

I am not my Father, nor am I his preacher.

I remember hearing that story from my Mother. I agree completely.

[quote name='Rasiel' timestamp='1287009458' post='70289']
As i see it, many in Necrovion do not want you as King. So how long do you wish to drag on your defeat? Perhaps i speak to quickly here or perhaps i don't but this is how i see it.
[/quote]

Till my last breath, of course. Perhaps beyond. Only I can defeat myself.

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1286840959' post='70160']
As my birth right I claim the following:1. Citizenship to my father's land.2. Kingship of the Desert as my Father's heir by blood.
[/quote]

Citizenship can be attained by speaking with Pample.

I do believe that Jester has quite clearly denied you Kingship.

[quote name='Jester' timestamp='1286848178' post='70169']
I will not hinder you, but you will not have the Crown.
[/quote]

If you want the bloody crown you will have to fight for it.

You will have to have the people's votes and you will have to deal with the current format of kingship.

I personally will -not- let you tear down Necrovion. I will NOT let you do as you please just so you can wave your bloody little birthright around and acting like some pompus fool treading over the people that I care for.

I do not want you as King.

As for the rest of you people who think that Jester is a weak king, why not look at your own and see what THEY have done. Necrovion has never be want for revealing things so easily, why should it change now? Just because you all can't understand?

I've said my piece, and I ask that this thread be taken down. It's been dragged on enough.

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1287006013' post='70286']

The Shades have not acted. I don't know why and I don't care. [b]I will act as I believe befits them[/b]. They may allow themselves to be elevated, or they may try to stop me. [/quote]

YOU will act as befits THEM? The Shades do not need [i]you[/i] to do anything for them. Already you assume too much, but by all means, do continue- the hole you insist on digging for yourself will only grow deeper and wider.

[quote name='Aysun' timestamp='1287011481' post='70294']
YOU will act as befits THEM? The Shades do not need [i]you[/i] to do anything for them. Already you assume too much, but by all means, do continue- the hole you insist on digging for yourself will only grow deeper and wider.
[/quote]

As you say

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/5144-my-claim/"]Here[/url]

I'm declaring myself Granos' successor, seeing as I'm actually his son and almost nobody knew that until now.

What, Mur? What he says doesn't matter, clearly, because I have a superior bloodline. Everybody else can be disregarded because they don't know what I'll do as ruler. What I do will benefit Mur in the end, he just doesn't know it yet, and can't speak for himself on the matter.

Edited by Pipstickz

My opinion:

[quote]
[color="#cccccc"][2010-02-02 22:24:25 - Alpha 9][/color]
[b]King of Necrovion[/b]
Peace, Queen of Necrovion, steps down from her throne and chooses Jester as her follower. Because Necrovion is a dynasty, Jester can be selected to rule the land by its current leader, without other elections. I, Mur, accept Jester as King of Necrovion and invest him with all the power and authority of this position. Thank you Peace for ruling this land so far, welcome King Jester. This is effective immediatly.

Long Live The King!
[/quote]

As all of us can see, and as mentioned before by some players. Peace, from the Khalazad dynasty, voluntary ceded here throne to Jester. That means that Jester has full right as a King, and also, as stated in the announcements since Necrovion is a dynasty, only the King can choose a "successor." Apart from that, the only option would be official Necrovion's elections, but from what I have seen Necrovion's citizens are happy with Jester.

Personally, I do like Jester's ruling style, and I think he is doing a great job.

Moreover be a King is more than RP. It's a big responsibility and requires of some abilities.

The question is do Rask have those abilities? Do Necrovion citizens want Rask as a King?

BFH

In the end, I feel, personally, that the problem is this: Everyone from the past is relying too heavily on the past. The past passes away to the future, yet people cannot move on. They do not try to make new names for themselves in this time and for the future- they just rest on their laurels of the past. Not only that, but all that's left of Khalazdad's story are, and this is no insult to those involved, just secondary characters in comparison to Khalazdad. So why can't people work to legitimize themselves in this era, to grow in this era, instead of beating a dead horse? That's not the most eloquent term to describe things, but still.

I would like to quote the Celebrated Sufi Poet Philosopher Jalaluddin Rumi:

"Men do not praise that which is not worthy,
They only err in mistaking another for him.
Just when moonlight falls on a wall,
The wall is merely a link to reflect its beams;
Yet when it reflects back to its source, it seems
They forget the Moon and worship the wall.
Or when a Moon is reflected in a well,
They look into the well and praise the image;
In truth they are praising the Moon,
But mistakenly only praising its reflection.
The object of their praise is the Moon, not its guises,
But when this does happen, infidelity arises.
The well-meaning person, in this way, goes astray,
The Moon is in the heavens, but he only see it in the well.
Because of such idols, mankind is confused,
And driven by vain desires, they reap sorrow!"

Perhaps we should stop looking for Khalazdad in the reflections of himself in his children. Khalazdad is and always will be Khalazdad and no one else, but Khalazdad has passed beyond the veil of MD. We can take what all of us learned from those days, and the young can read and ask questions of the old to learn the lessons themselves, but you cannot bring those days back- time has passed, and Entropy is being stifled because people cannot seem to move on and shape their own fortunes without the crutch of the past.

I might get a lot of flack for saying this, and more than a few of you will claim that I'm wrong for one reason or another, but if you do, ask yourself why you think so. Necrovion is trying to move forward and embrace what's ahead- why do so few others want it to, or for that matter don't want themselves to?

[size="1"]::edited for prepositional errors.[/size]

Edited by Aysun

Khalazdad's greatness would be hard to overstate, but that's not at issue here. When I mention his tag, I have a point to make, and it is very much relevant to the present and the future. But that is a knator of a different color.

On topic: RP wise, I do find this an exciting turn of event. A legitimate king with support of quite a majority of the people, versus the son of the late king who suddenly appear to claim the throne. As an RP event, I am looking forward with excitement as to how the events will unfold.

I am the long lost son of Mur.... I claim MD as my own! LOL Just joking! :D

Anyways, like Pamps say, Rask has stated his intentions, he has seen the reactions, the ball is in his court.

He would need to prove himself in the realm.

Start gathering his power base and maybe start a snowball effect.

Whether he will be successful or not will be decided in the realm, not here in the forums.

Rask has started an interesting RP event, lets see how well he can follow up.

Jester will be Jester, he has his own power base and his own style. Only those that truly knows him will understand him.

Let the politicking begin and may the best man wins!

(OOC)

In fairness Rask is keeping to RP so i will do my best to keep along the same line
with regards the ALT issue, it is an issue if linked to a main, I know Kittiness has not been around for sometime
but the issue is it is still an alt but an alt that has not gained main status from the point of the realm as of yet.
I have no issues with alts themself just if the gain the advantages from the main account it is. Knowledge transfer
from main to alt as Rask has done is fine.

(Responce to Rask)

I have heard your claims for the throne, I have to admit i am courious as to how you will try to claim power
Now i am only a king of Golemus and therefor do not know the full details of the structer of power of Necrovian
but from what i do know and i could be worng in this matter is this.

Peace gave the Kingship power to Jester in doing this she removed the Dynasty from power.
I do not know if jester hold the same beliefs of the Dynasty or even care for it that is his place to debate.
But i believe he does not (i could be wrong) In doing as peace did she removed the Dynasty from any right to the
throne. In this i think you cannot claim the right of Kingship,

As i said i could be wrong in this as i do not claim to know the inner working of Necrovian royalty.
But if the above is corect then you have much to try and work on. First If you believe the Dyanisty should
be the royal blood line for kingship then you need to take over the Dynasty and gain their support for
reinstating them. The you need to gain the support of the people to help you remove the current kingship.

I will no claim you have no right, for any citizen has the right to make the claim to a kingship, But it is
more do you and can you get the support to do this. It would be intresting to see this play out and i hope you
are ready for a long campain.

From my persional point i have to say. For one to say give me the power and i will prove myself as a king.
that to me already shows weekeness. You should not need the tools of the king to prove your worth. The tools are just
a meens to apply punishment or grant citizenship. The reall power is in how the people see you and how the react to you
or how they support you. Thoes were lessons i learnt a long time ago, but find them to hold true for all.

(I did have more to say but i have forget some of it so may make another post later)

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1287066185' post='70323']

I have heard your claims for the throne, I have to admit i am courious as to how you will try to claim power
Now i am only a king of Golemus and therefor do not know the full details of the structer of power of Necrovian
but from what i do know and i could be worng in this matter is this.

Peace gave the Kingship power to Jester in doing this she removed the Dynasty from power.
I do not know if jester hold the same beliefs of the Dynasty or even care for it that is his place to debate.
But i believe he does not (i could be wrong) In doing as peace did she removed the Dynasty from any right to the
throne. In this i think you cannot claim the right of Kingship,

As i said i could be wrong in this as i do not claim to know the inner working of Necrovian royalty.
But if the above is corect then you have much to try and work on. First If you believe the Dyanisty should
be the royal blood line for kingship then you need to take over the Dynasty and gain their support for
reinstating them. The you need to gain the support of the people to help you remove the current kingship.

I will no claim you have no right, for any citizen has the right to make the claim to a kingship, But it is
more do you and can you get the support to do this. It would be intresting to see this play out and i hope you
are ready for a long campain.

From my persional point i have to say. For one to say give me the power and i will prove myself as a king.
that to me already shows weekeness. You should not need the tools of the king to prove your worth. The tools are just
a meens to apply punishment or grant citizenship. The reall power is in how the people see you and how the react to you
or how they support you. Thoes were lessons i learnt a long time ago, but find them to hold true for all.
[/quote]

You have made quite a rational assessment of the situation, King Yrthilian. For that, I believe you deserve a transparent response.

I can speak, but I cannot force people to listen.
I can command, but I cannot force people to obey.
I can stake my claim, but I cannot force people to cede.

What I can do, is declare my intention and stand my ground. Those who will stand aside and watch will do so, those who will confront me will do so, and perhaps there will be those who will follow me.

I was curious if King Jester will respect my lineage. I now know.
I was curious about King Jester's chosen Queen. I now know.
I was curious about the vocal masses. I now know.
And now, I have heard you, King Yrthilian.

As for your opinion of me, I do as I please, how people perceive me is their concern, not mine. A King who change his ways to please the people is a person who allows the moaning and whining body to hinder, handicap, and even endanger the mind and will. This lesson I have learned from the relentless Sand.

While I disdain deceit and trickery, I will say this: I am not above misdirection.

Edited by Rask

I have an inclination to play devil's advocate - give him some form of power (though maybe not quite full kingship) and see what happens. The world has become too static.

Kittiness was a playful gal when I first met her and SilverHearts in the Underground during a certain heads contest. :P But she seemed to have lost her playfulness upon becoming Khalazdad's wife, completely devoting herself to him. It will be interesting to see how her son turns out.

So, the great power of the desert went and produced an heir. I find that somewhat unlikely... by the time he had assembled his harem he was as much liquid dust as he was a man. Such a thing being capable of reproduction is an abomination.

However, if you are what you claim to be, young Rask, then I have little doubt that you will carve out your own throne much as your villainous father did, or lose yourself trying. The sentinels have put on a mask of civility, but civility is not the true nature of the desert. Your father understood this even if the current claimants to his legacy have forgotten the truth. Necrovion is only open to them because of Khalazdad's will to power and his willingness to sacrifice everything for it.

If you are cut from the same cloth, you'll find your throne. Just do not be too bitter if it is not what you expected.

[quote name='GlorDamar' timestamp='1287211398' post='70356']
So, the great power of the desert went and produced an heir. I find that somewhat unlikely... by the time he had assembled his harem he was as much liquid dust as he was a man. Such a thing being capable of reproduction is an abomination.

However, if you are what you claim to be, young Rask, then I have little doubt that you will carve out your own throne much as your villainous father did, or lose yourself trying. The sentinels have put on a mask of civility, but civility is not the true nature of the desert. Your father understood this even if the current claimants to his legacy have forgotten the truth. Necrovion is only open to them because of Khalazdad's will to power and his willingness to sacrifice everything for it.

If you are cut from the same cloth, you'll find your throne. Just do not be too bitter if it is not what you expected.
[/quote]

Thank you for the blessings. If all goes well, I shall arrive at the Howling Gates by morning. Then the carving begins.