[Necrovion]I Am Rask

Rask

[quote]Firs and Lifeline both use alts to hold alliances[/quote]
Incorrect Pip, incorrect.
I [u]did[/u] use an alt to hold the Savels for the month waiting period. And I only did that because marvolo didn't want to continue to hold the alliance and someone needed to hold it. Jazira now holds that alliance and I don't have an alt in it, nor any other alliance.

@Tarq - De Facto ruler is a fine term to use, and demonstrates exactly why how she came in to power most certainly plays a part when one makes claims their actions contradict. Its a very hypocritical comment that was made is the point, hubris seems the perfect term considering. You might call it semantics, but seeing as you demonstrate quite well in that post how words are a tool, asking for a new topic to be opened is a very different kettle of fish to what was requested - which is for this one to be closed despite her King asking for opinions. This discussion is tangential to the question of Rask and his right to/wish to be King, which in order to discuss fully must bring into the discussion the validity of the current rulers. Of course it doesn't HAVE to in order to stand - but then it doesn't cover all bases and makes me wonder what is being hidden. I stand by what I said.

Z

it is a shame this really

as rask is an alt and that the real player didnt have the guts to step forward themselfs.
What does this say for the one now wishing to become leader to use history of a great player
to try and take control and not try by their own merits.

This topic is a farce from what i can see and is shows that the player beeing rask
does not have support or is "rask" claims support they have yet to show it and that is also a shame
but if rask really does have support call for the vote then and lets see what happens.

If what Yrthillian and Pippy say are true, and you truly are an alt,I only have this to say:

Why would you be so... greedy, a to claim something that is "yours," when, if you really are an alt, it is no more yours than a thief stealing a bit of chocolate from the store? If the real person wanted to take the role, and claim it, then it would not be half an issue as I see it now.

You are not only stealing from the rest of the community, but from regular players as well who strive to make a difference in the land, and also from that actual player whose -real- right it is to claim his birthplace. It does not bode well with me, and I am sure for others they feel the same.

I say this now: if by the grace of whatever God, you happen to be King: I will fight tooth and nail for the people and not for a bloody alt.

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1286873932' post='70197']

Jester you arn't being open at all and state all this time you have been fixing what the dynasty broke but again arnt being open about how or why. You want opinions, but your chosen Queen wants the topic shut down.

Z
[/quote]

Being open about how and why you do things has never been a trait of Necrovion.

Granted Jester, but being obvious about not being so has never been a trait of Necrovion. However, that really isn't the point I was making - the point is that by comparison on this thread you have no stance any better than Rask in terms of motivations for the land for anyone reading. So far at least.

Z

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1286918818' post='70227']
Granted Jester, but being obvious about not being so has never been a trait of Necrovion. However, that really isn't the point I was making - the point is that by comparison on this thread you have no stance any better than Rask in terms of motivations for the land for anyone reading. So far at least.

Z
[/quote]

Now you're simply going in circles.

My plans will be posted in a separate topic, I do not want my vision for Necrovion to be merely a side note to a post about someone else trying to take over my Throne.

To Pamplemousse: I do not believe I ever claimed to speak for the people. I believe I would be beneficial for the Shades and the Desert, and perhaps the people will benefit from a distinguished homeland. I make no claim that I intend to rule by the people's will.

Also, as I mentioned before, when my Sister gave up the crown, I was in no position to make a claim for it. If people are opposed to a youth such as myself making a claim now, do you think they would have prefered a child still clinging to his mother's tit?

To Curiose: I do not expected the crown to simply be handed to me, although that would be very convenient. I stated my intentions, I waited for reactions, and I responded to them as I see fit.

If you doubt my qualifications, lend me the crown and I will show everyone what I am capable of.

As for people being happy with King Jester... I know one person who is not happy with him, and that person have indeed stepped forth to try and claim the throne.

Of all that my Father have left behind for me to learn, and what my Mother have taught me, there are two that I hold close to my heart:

"You own only what you can take and hold," said my Father.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." so said the warriors of my Mother's world.

And thus I live. I do not beg, I do not seek charity. I act as I see fit, and those who disagree with my ways are welcome to try and stop me.
It matters not if my intentions are righteous or just, it matters not if your intentions are righteous or just. Let those who feel strongly enough about their goals do contest. Let the looser not complain of fairness or justice. The criminal who suffers justly does not feel any less pain than an innocent who suffers needlessly.

Such is the way of the Desert creatures. The scorpion and wasp may sting for no reason except it is a scorpion and it is a wasp. Those who are without stings may run and hide, or learn to bite.

So once again, I say this - I intend to claim my birth right.

[b]THE STATEMENT BELOW IS OUT OF CHARACTER:[/b] And as it implies, all else that was said by Rask are In Character.

Yes, it is true that Rask is an alt. And I tried to hint at my identity when the issue was first mentioned... "I am my Mother's son". I was the player of Kittiness, the mother of Rask.

Rask is intended purely for roleplaying, no socializing except for what is done In Character, and minimal creature combat.

More than one objection to Rask's claim to the crown are rooted in OOC concerns. Those are issues which Rask cannot address, and if such concerns are directed at Rask, they will likely be ignored. I will try to respond to them in ways that are consistant with the character, framed in a way that is within the context of the role. However, I would hate to have to make Rask say "What is this RP you speak of?"

In short, don't talk to Rask about being an alt, or he should have made a bid for the crown when he was still learning to walk. Also I intend to never make an OOC comment through Rask again. It just cuts down on confusion.

Find me in IM if you wish to discuss OOC concerns in detail. Send Rask a private message through the forum, and I will provide the contact information.

[quote]To Pamplemousse: I do not believe I ever claimed to speak for the people. I believe I would be beneficial for the Shades and the Desert, and perhaps the people will benefit from a distinguished homeland. I make no claim that I intend to rule by the people's will[/quote]

So shall the people of Necrovion be swept aside like useless old papers?

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1286920030' post='70229']
To Pamplemousse: I do not believe I ever claimed to speak for the people. I believe I would be beneficial for the Shades and the Desert, and perhaps the people will benefit from a distinguished homeland. I make no claim that I intend to rule by the people's will.
[/quote]
You believe you would be beneficial? When was any king elected based on how they believe they could do? As mentioned in another topic somewhere, all four initial rulers were already in positions of power, everybody knew what they could do, so they were elected. You want to be king? Prove yourself to the people, because it's THEM who you would have power over. NOT the Shades, or the land itself.

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1286920030' post='70229']
Also, as I mentioned before, when my Sister gave up the crown, I was in no position to make a claim for it. If people are opposed to a youth such as myself making a claim now, do you think they would have prefered a child still clinging to his mother's tit?
[/quote]
I'm sorry if this is too OOC for you, but you've got PMs, YIM and many other methods of communication. If you were even around when Peace was giving the crown to Jester, you could've talked to her, convinced her to wait. If you weren't around, then your right to the crown is null. You need support from PEOPLE if you want to overthrow Jester, seeing as he doesn't seem to want to give you the crown, and if you weren't around, then you don't even KNOW the people, so where does that leave you? Making a poorly planned grab for power.

Also, for Firs, USED then. Happy now?

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1286922588' post='70231']
Prove yourself to the people, because it's THEM who you would have power over. NOT the Shades, or the land itself.
[/quote]

If you wish to test me, give me power and I will prove myself. Do not ask me to demonstrate my swordsmanship while denying me a sword.

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1286922832' post='70234']
If you believe the people to be useless and nothing more than paper, then you do NOT deserve to be King.

You don't deserve anything of that sort.
[/quote]

I was not the one who compared the people to useless old paper. I merely stated what I would do with useless old paper.
Besides, whether or not I deserve anything matters not. I will act as I intend.

Edited by Rask

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1286922880' post='70235']
If you wish to test me, give me power and I will prove myself. Do not ask me to demonstrate my swordsmanship while denying me a sword.
[/quote]
If it were this easy to get power, the world would be a very different place. You want to demonstrate swordsmanship? Make your own sword.

hmmm What you people fail to understand, and sadly what I seem to understand or at least hope that i understand is that Necrovion is not a land made for people by the people. Necrovion belongs first and foremost to its original inhabitants the shades.

I wasn't around when Peace gave the crown to Jester, I don't know what the circumstances for that were but while the people may have accepted Jester, one has to wonder if the shades accept him or simply idle away in the dark waiting for their opportunity to take what is rightfully theirs.

I've never ever known the Necrovion citizens to be useless, far from it, but they seem to have long forgotten that the road should not be made to cut through the land, it should curve with the land and as such the people of the land should not trample on the shades and run the land as if you are the only masters.

If Necrovion belongs to the Shades, then Loreroot belongs to the Knators and Firs being picked by the people was a huge mistake that angered the Knators.

Edit: I am speaking in the sense of kingship here, not the land itself.

Edited by Pipstickz

In that context, Necrovion does belong to the shades (or to be more precise on the wording, the Shades is/are the one who supposedly has jurisdiction on it). Loreroot, historically was led by a 'council of leaders' that consisted of Nelya and KC, and who knows what other imaginary council members (according to AL, there is a council who led Loreroot - far from before the time Nelya started inviting more players into the later known council). Seems like the last time KC was played (before the then-going-to-happen war with GG), he was acting more of a military commander though (the players was said to be different). I don't know if it was a sudden continuity retcon or whatever.
Point is, both statements above is actually true, to some extent.

[quote name='Rask' timestamp='1286922616' post='70232']
If the people of Necrovion are as useless old papers, then they should be swept aside.
[/quote]

OLD papers? Well you don't certainly seem to be new, Rask- you're quite old in the scheme of things.

Although I cannot speak for the intentions of my Queen and King, I feel that we wish to move forward and not backward- moving back to Khalazdad would be a retrogression, and not progress. Wallowing in the past is just that- wallowing. I would hope that it would be our intention to embrace the future instead of perpetually drawing out the old and obsolete.

OOC:

[quote=Forum Rules]"- Alts are not to be used on the forum. They will be removed/merged and you can be punished for using alts."[/quote]

>[url=http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/5784-forum-rules/]source[/url]<

[quote name='Aysun' timestamp='1287000731' post='70282']
OLD papers? Well you don't certainly seem to be new, Rask- you're quite old in the scheme of things.

Although I cannot speak for the intentions of my Queen and King, I feel that we wish to move forward and not backward- moving back to Khalazdad would be a retrogression, and not progress. Wallowing in the past is just that- wallowing. I would hope that it would be our intention to embrace the future instead of perpetually drawing out the old and obsolete.
[/quote]

I am in no scheme I am aware of, aside from my own. Perhaps you will enlighten me?

Your intentions are your own. May you act as you intend, as I will act as I intend.

Some things puzzle me... As far as I can see it is obvious that the vast majority of the people of necrovion at the moment do not wish Rask as their king.

[quote]Regarding why I want the land and its crown, I do not seek it for its own sake. I feel the Shades have too long been denied their prominent presence in the realm, the land have too long lacked a guardian with a visible and active hand, and the crowns spent too much time in their display cases than on the heads of sovereigns. I intend to change all that, and I believe that to be a good reason.[/quote]

Now what is stopping the shades whom you claim to act in the interest off from taking the trinkets these players (pamplemousse currently) have away and into your possession? Perhaps the shades do not wish for a prominent presence.

Perhaps a prominent presence of theirs would be in the best interest of the people of Necrovion? Unless the people agree with your ways on this trough claiming the crown because of this would be pointless as they do not see things your way.