It's All Coincidence?

Novato

Well, I try to avoid put it public, but this guy making a lot of fun of the game system. This soon of the b*** is the ONLY reason why Head Contest is delaying for more than a week.

Some people will say that I am doing this just to win HC, I don't care for this lying anymore. I am doing this because of the HIGH disrespect that this guy have, not just with me, but with everone doing HC.

I will not arque, just see my screens shots. And please, don't disrespect my little inteligence, tell me that he (or she/it) have a lot of friends from same country in MD. Sorry, but the screens shots is too big, I need to compact.

Edited by Novato

First: convert the screen shots to png or jpg. Bmp is waay too big.
Second:personally I don't understand who are you blaming. You only show some random(?) print screens. Give names and explain the print screens.

[quote name='Yoshi' timestamp='1291628382' post='74612']
So, if I understand this correctly, you are implying that the same person is controlling different accounts, to attack and take the heads?
[/quote]

It's good to know that I am not the only one that come up with this possibilitie/theory after saw the pictures.

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1291629588' post='74613']
Uh, and once you've changed the pic to jpg like dst suggested, you might want to upload the jpg and not the zip, it kinda pains to have to extract it first.. (I know, lazy me).
[/quote]

I will try it.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1291628000' post='74611']
First: convert the screen shots to png or jpg. Bmp is waay too big.
Second:personally I don't understand who are you blaming. You only show some random(?) print screens. Give names and explain the print screens.
[/quote]

Well, I try to avoid make an scandal about this issue. Yoshi had a point. As you know, I don't have power to check myself if someone is an alternative account (alt).

[quote name='Yoshi' timestamp='1291628382' post='74612']
So, if I understand this correctly, you are implying that the same person is controlling different accounts, to attack and take the heads?
[/quote]

It's good to know that I am not the only one that come up with this possibilitie/theory after saw the pictures

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1291629588' post='74613']
Uh, and once you've changed the pic to jpg like dst suggested, you might want to upload the jpg and not the zip, it kinda pains to have to extract it first.. (I know, lazy me).
[/quote]

I will try it.

Sorry, I try to correct my second post.

It's done.

Edited by dst

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1291634070' post='74626']
You don't want to make a fuss but you post the pics? Something is wrong here.

Besides, I am not going to TRY and guess what I should see on the pictures.
So, names please.
[/quote]

Well, I don't want to take this to the trial, to be more clear.

Look that the ritual of dabydaby is very similar to the ritual of MRKid, but dabydaby don't have a position in HC, until yesterday at least. It's weird too powerfull accounts don't fight with each other for the heads. Some accounts continue to attack me after I don't have any more heads, they simple reduce my VE (incluind my creatures VE) and, even so, they don't have any position in HC. They are all from same country nevertheless.

I repet, it's all coincidence?

[quote name='Rendril' timestamp='1291640022' post='74634']
So you are saying MRKid (?) delayed the HC? As far as I understand it he is allowed to if that's really what he wants.
Sure, the rituals are similar but I don't see why that matters. What has he done wrong?
[/quote]

Delay the HC is just the reason why I am mad about him.

There are 2 rules or statements (if the word is more approprieted): "HC is unfair" and also use the alts for the benefit of the main account is forbidden. What we should apply in this case?

I don't want to be sarcastic, but if he do notting wrong, can I start to make my personal army of alts for the next HC?

• Root Admin

I see nothing wrong with the printscreens. There MIGHT be an abuse there.

I could say you are also part of it, that you are also delaying it.

The point is, you dont have any proof, and your who point is based on assumptions

I'm sry but almost everybody here minus chewy and dst are making assumptions.
Two people using the same rit is becoming very common as too some creatures which mur did not want to make rare are. I think mur said there where 64 different kind of creatures in md.

Anyways here is the problem. Similar rits may be suspicious but they are not proof. They could be adepts of each other and talk about rits or they could just be two people who got each others by chance. They might atk each other and find the other persons defense is strong so try to copy it. There is any number of reasons it might be like this but we cant assume that's why we need solid proof to proceed.

My argument is not ONLY similar rituals. And I know that it don't prove anything for 100% sure. How can I prove anything for sure? It would help me a lot if anyone can explain to me.

About the delay, I don't lose a lot of scores because I logout.

My other arguments: "...but dabydaby don't have a position in HC, until yesterday at least. It's weird too powerfull accounts don't fight with each other for the heads. Some accounts continue to attack me after I don't have any more heads, they simple reduce my VE (incluind my creatures VE) and, even so, they don't have any position in HC. They are all from same country nevertheless."

Before I post this topic, I send a mail to contact@magicduel.com

My intention were someone check if it's true or just an unhappy coincidence.

perhaps you would have had better luck with the coincidence that they were from the same country. But then again, that could simply be friends helping out friends. It is seldom productive to bring something like this to the attention of the public without ALOT of prior consultation with others. Chewett, ShadowSeeker, and others are pretty keen at giving information and helping in cases of alt abuse if asked nicely. Often times things like this only end up giving you a bad reputation for slandering other peoples names. Wether the case it true or not, since like you said it is very difficult to prove them.

Firstly I will point out that it is impossible for any alt to take heads from another one of their accounts due to the restrictions that Mur has implimented within the game. :mellow:

[quote name='Novato' timestamp='1291640643' post='74635'] and also use the alts for the benefit of the main account is forbidden.[/quote]

Secondly I don't think there are any rules against having accounts in the HC at the same, so long as they can win only once then it is fine - seperate accounts, seperate creatures and different contestants. If it is seen as alt abuse to win heads with different accounts, which I don't think it is at all, then I will raise my hand an plead guilty as well. :)) Now, if he were using the accounts to attack you multiple times just to weaken you, as you said he did, then yes...that would be alt abuse :)

[quote name='Novato' timestamp='1291640643' post'74635']I don't want to be sarcastic, but if he do notting wrong, can I start to make my personal army of alts for the next HC?
[/quote]

So long as you don't attack the same person in a row, transfer heads from one account to another by some miracle or use the accounts to help yourself in any other way, then of course you could. :P

Finally [quote]and remember, the head contest is UNFAIR :)[/quote] you used this quote as well, take note of it :P

I did face a similar situation during last head contest too. In fact almost all Philippines mp4 players did attack me.
I did not report cos i did learned [b]all[/b] r not alts.
They have a common messenger or a Chat system similar to yahoo messenger. So if some one needs help they will state in that chat like " take care of tipu or F.G" And as the new player login MD they also uses the same chatroom too so they can see the message left by previous players. That whys i used to wonder why none of them uses ur MD chat log. Almost all players do use 3 birds rituals.

Hey F.G have u noticed any abnormal movements like they were in the Maze(GG) and all within few seconds they r in GOC(underground). It happened Lot of times including entering the temple(when it cost 115 AP) Twice with a day.

All this might be allowed as per the rules but atleast in the future we have to do something about it.

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' timestamp='1292005329' post='75068']
Firstly I will point out that it is impossible for any alt to take heads from another one of their accounts due to the restrictions that Mur has implimented within the game. :mellow:
[/quote]
I don't know whether it was introduced into normal HC (from my understanding, it was), but I know in BHC you can RP heads to someone else, so in that way you could transfer heads between alts.

[quote name='Tipu' timestamp='1292020430' post='75086']
...That whys i used to wonder why none of them uses ur MD chat log. Almost all players do use 3 birds rituals.

Hey F.G have u noticed any abnormal movements like they were in the Maze(GG) and all within few seconds they r in GOC(underground). It happened Lot of times including entering the temple(when it cost 115 AP) Twice with a day.

All this might be allowed as per the rules but atleast in the future we have to do something about it.
[/quote]

It's possible that friends use different chat, it's even possible that they go to strategic locations. What is really hard to belive is that they ALL attack one by one when THEY CAN attack all together, they are always there when one need (beatifull, all play a lot just to help one of them), if they're really friends, not someone that control different accounts. I can't prove this with print screens, of course. But, it pretty obvious that THEY'RE NOT FRIENDS.

If someone going abuse, at least don't offend the little inteligence of others doing soo in plain sigh. And, much more important, don't made someone sleep only 6 hours, because need to login to save the scores.

Edited by Novato

• Root Admin

[quote name='Novato' timestamp='1292685451' post='75672']
If someone going abuse, at least don't offend the little inteligence of others doing soo in plain sigh. And, much more important, don't made someone sleep only 6 hours, because need to login to save the scores.
[/quote]

Dont offend the intelligence of others by assuming you know for sure, You cant prove it and therefore please dont complain about them doing something you think you know better.

It might be happening, it might not. You cant prove it so the community cant do anything about it.

Way back when I was MP3 and participating in heads, I know that there was a very large group of philipino players that used the heads contest as a way to get their friends to join the MD community. I know, because I was myself formidable in the MP3 combat (haven't bothered re-learning it after all the changes though) and they would often ask for my assistance.
I can say, that while they might be alts, from my personal experience they could also just as easily be just more people from that same circle of friends.

And yes, the "co-ordinated sledgehammer" is their favourite strategy.

"What is really [s]hard[/s]easy to belive is that they ALL attack one by one when THEY CAN attack all together, they are always there when one need"
"But, it pretty obvious that THEY'RE [s]NOT[/s] FRIENDS"

How is this topic not closed yet?

There is no hard proof. You want to sequester an alt check? Try talking to them first and find out if they are truly that similar or not.
Same rits?, it's a matter of convergent power play, whatever works in this realm and has more good results than bad, will be adopted and used, hence most rituals are the same-ish.
Same goes for anything else, in all of reality, it's an inexorable process, much like evolution. Whatever works the best, will be adopted and since working together with friends is not illegal, and can be very useful, it will, at some point in time, be used.
You yourself can put this tactic into play as well, it's how HC works.

And please, make some screenshots that actually make sense, such as only one account of theirs being active, and the rest idle at the same time.

Please, please, close this topic.