painting

Muratus del Mur

Careful Vic, what if he takes you up on that price? :P

I'd say it's...worth about 100$ here. 3 individual canvas pieces means standard materials, no extra costs, so giving roughly 30$ for each for an artist with no recognition.

Naturally, I think it would be hard to sell, given it's almost two styles...

And no I don't want to buy it, and excuse me for rambling.

Wow awesome O___O! Whenever I try to do a painting on multiple canvases it always ends in tears TT_TT
I especially like how it starts of in a fairly generic theme but descends into a fairly morbid quality when the roots finally come into view (like rivulets of blood ^_^ ...but that's just my take on it).

I agree about not being able to put a price on your own art. I tried to do an exhibitions a few years ago but ended up totally disheartened ([i]NEVER AGAIN!!![/i]). It's [i]really[/i] hard out there for an artist with no recognition or backing.

Edited by KiraMPD

Something is worth however much someone is willing to pay for it.

As for pricing art, it depends on a few factors, nowadays ego tends to be one of them.

But the minimum value you might put on it would be; (Canvas cost + Paint Set cost(full set) + Brushes Cost + Hourly Rate)*2
I say full set of paint, and brushes (which get reused) so that you don't lose out ~at all~ with the minimum price

The amount you add on top of that would depend on the other factors,
- Artists name / ego - More well known means higher price.
- How much you care about the piece - The more you feel that the new owner cares for the painting, the lower you might put the price.
- Subject matter - more meaning to someone = more value
- Quality of work - better = worth more

[color="#2e8b57"][i]Wow!!
I love it! I love it! To me the picture shows a transformation of innocence, from the clearly drawn pink and white peach blossoms) to one of tainted rage, and revulsion portrayed by the dripping red and black paint. The dual nature concept comes across really well (Innocence rooted in decadence?) Anyway it gets a two thumbs up from me. [/i][/color]
:))

• Root Admin

[quote name='Blackwoodforest' timestamp='1294039634' post='76678']
Cherry blossom tree in hell, nothing special in this from my point of view. You all are so easy to attract from things "Mur" did...
[/quote]

someone speaks they mind and opinion honestly.

I applaud you!

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]Chewett... did you just mean to call me and other people here a dishonest flunky, just because we like that painting?
I could comment it, but lol, not gonna go as low as you did...

As for BF opinion, he is entitled to it as well as the ones who like the painting.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1294047725' post='76682']
[quote]
Cherry blossom tree in hell, nothing special in this from my point of view. You all are so easy to attract from things "Mur" did... [/quote]

someone speaks they mind and opinion honestly.

I applaud you!
[/quote]

[color="#2e8b57"][i]Lemme get this straight then... if I compliment Mur on a piece of work because I think he is talented then Im brainwashed into "Mur Apraisal" and I can only form my own opinions if its negative? [/i][/color]

• Root Admin

[quote name='Shemhazaj' timestamp='1294055007' post='76688']
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]Chewett... did you just mean to call me and other people here a dishonest flunky, just because we like that painting?
I could comment it, but lol, not gonna go as low as you did...

As for BF opinion, he is entitled to it as well as the ones who like the painting.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

[quote name='Sharazhad' timestamp='1294055405' post='76689']
[color="#2e8b57"][i]Lemme get this straight then... if I compliment Mur on a piece of work because I think he is talented then Im brainwashed into "Mur Apraisal" and I can only form my own opinions if its negative? [/i][/color]
[/quote]

Ah i knew that post would come back to bite me :)). I would never call anyone "a dishonest flunky" Nor am i part of the "Mur Brainwashing cult" But i do get exceedingly annoyed when Mur does something, and then certain people will appraise it massively, just because its Mur. I find it rather nice that someone can openly admit they dont like it or think its "ok" Wheras certain groups will automatically praise it as if it has never been done before. Some people continue to "suck up" by saying ludicrous things, those people are pretty obvious, and it does annoy me so.

My comment was that someone was honest to say they didnt think it was anything special. I liked that honesty and thusly posted. It was not saying that everyone else was lying which it seems you have assumed this. If i had wanted to stir things up, i could have said that, it would have indeed caused a stir and you could have posted as you did. Please do not take what i post and change my meaning to something else. If i want to stir up people i will do it so.

As a side note i think its wonderful, But i never really post on "art appreciation" topics as i dont have a clue about art, as my definition is a cool looking computer Wallpaper.

• Root Admin

its true, but not my fault so to say. If i put an empty canvas and say its a paintung some people will still admire its beauty and find meaning where there is none. I cant say i dislike it, heh, who would... but it makes me curious if i would have posted this, or the poems, as an alt nobody knew its me....i really wonder.

As for the current painting, i dont brag about things i am not satisfied with, so it kind of fuels my ego when i see compliments. Im proud of this one :D
however i dont get mad on the bad comments, not at all, its interesting to see any reaction.

About the price... no offence but .. lets say i cant find any reason why i would sell this for anything less that 1k, which is outrageous i know. Anyway _not for sale_ .
Its weird , i would feel a lot better of doing or giving some art for free than selling it.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1294092372' post='76721']
its true, but not my fault so to say. If i put an empty canvas and say its a paintung some people will still admire its beauty and find meaning where there is none. I cant say i dislike it, heh, who would... but it makes me curious if i would have posted this, or the poems, as an alt nobody knew its me....i really wonder.

As for the current painting, i dont brag about things i am not satisfied with, so it kind of fuels my ego when i see compliments. Im proud of this one :D
however i dont get mad on the bad comments, not at all, its interesting to see any reaction.

About the price... no offence but .. lets say i cant find any reason why i would sell this for anything less that 1k, which is outrageous i know. Anyway _not for sale_ .
Its weird , i would feel a lot better of doing or giving some art for free than selling it.
[/quote]

Ive always wondered about this. Using an alt I mean. In the past I considered it as I had a bad rep but just decided to exile my self for a month or two. Mur I do like your painting and since I personally believe that a painting has a different meaning to each person who looks at it I wont decipher what I see.

Though the alt thing I would like to see. A simple post from somebody who know-body knows about and see what reaction it gets. It might have already happened im not sure but in either case it would be an interesting physiological experiment.

• Root Admin

in fact i did that experiment already and the outcome is depressing.
As a social thing is not something wrong. A person builts up his circle of friends and reputation and they act similar to "stats". Imagine an amazing artist that just posts on this forum, but nobody knows him.. the feedback will be limited, some will not even bother to look. In the same way a person with great reputation will benefit of a much larger audience and people will dedicate more interest to the feedback based on the fact that they already tagged taht person as worthy to reply to, from previous experiences with him.

The only thing that can compete with long term consolidated reputation is to do the right thing at the right moment.

In that point of view, its nothing wrong with the fact that some benefit of more attention than others. I do however dislike the total ignoring of those with zero or low popularity... how could they break that "im nobody" barrier if nobody gives them a chance. Try creating an alt and do a cool role, then do the same from a known account, you will see what i mean..its as if it is an other world entirely.

i need to work on that aspect but so far i don't see any possible solution to it.

On the dangers of being offtopic..I don't play alts, one of the reason is my commitment to only one account,

and the second actually being how harsh it is as an MP3. I made one, but sadly missed the ID I was aiming for back then, still, the few minutes I occasionally used it made me agonize in the thought of training creatures and things, the sheer mass of time needed to invest until the account would be on a similiar level to Shadowseeker.

I mean, just a comparison- how many replied to this, while how many bothered to reply to Ungern?

He's quite a bright newbie it seemed, from what I got maybe even best quester this year.

Just saying, the effects of this are very harsh.

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]I hesitated responding because I didn't want to appear as a Mur groupie. I like the painting. It is a combination of beauty and darkness that makes me curious about the inner thoughts of the artist (no matter the artist).

Offtopic: Maybe what we need is a subforum for the arts be it poems, drawings, paintings, etc. I realize we have an offtopic forum, but often the arts get lost.[/font][/color]

I'll say what I would have said to an incognito character... Nice... But I wouldn't make it a career... For some reason reminds me of something my grandmother would hang in her living room... Might be the color...

I had a rant about unused talent but I realized it had too much self-glorification in it, so I didn't do it... I'll fade to awkward silence now.