Save the Scene Society.

lone wolf pup

We are a society of wanderers out to save the scenes from becoming forgotten over time, we will go out and explore in groups around the realm as to keep them from becoming forgotten. In particular, I was hoping to roam through the tribunals more often with anyone interested as to make it more accessible for all the new ones and old ones to come and see.
Benefits of roaming in groups:
Company
Snuggling Goodness
Greater Viscosity Decrease
It is better for the environment, don't ask how.
Help transport randomers during weekly visits.

Current People planning to join for weekend trip:
Lone Wolf
AmberRune

Currently looking for members to join and help out.

Edited by lone wolf pup

• Root Admin

it is wise to prepare while you can. I announced viscosity in time because once its in action it will be kind of late to get organised. I wish to support this initiative somehow, not sure how (without influencing its effectiveness, because that is supposed to be your effort). My support should be of a more symbolic nature, you won't get "more ap" or "gold" because it has nothing to do with it. However this might be a chance for items or flags or evena guild? we shall see

I applaud the effort but as much this should benefit movement through the lands, I see places like Necrovion and Golemus becoming dead zones. Also it will kind of defeat the purpose of the labyrinth, and even lands like Loreroot that gets littl foot traffic now will be out of reach for most, new players can only enter Marind Bell, MP4s will barely be able to enter Loreroot with the new age and level requirements which pretty much leaves the grinders sitting at GoE while the rest of the realm dwindles into obscurity.

my only suggestion would be to at least bring back the torch competition.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1309457803' post='86918']
on the flipside, this could give people the ability to control access to certain locations, which is an interesting idea to me.
[/quote]

Agreed, there will be some interesting places to visit, or not visit, and all based (essentially) on us. Do we like certain scenes? We can act to keep them fluid. Plus, who knows what strange other changes Mur has up his sleeves, with the 'new' MP6 coming, and such plans... :)

I applaud and support your effort Lone wolf, hoping to see you on my walks around Tribunal. As for the other lands, they wont become/have dead zones if people organize/support themselves to diminish the viscosity or even to make things in different places in order to atract people (afterall the Viscosity is a concept that isn't even active for now), of course you can't make people be in somewhere they don't wan't.

My concern is which places won't be explored or will be forgotten and why.

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1309457003' post='86917']
I applaud the effort but as much this should benefit movement through the lands, I see places like Necrovion and Golemus becoming dead zones. Also it will kind of defeat the purpose of the labyrinth, and even lands like Loreroot that gets littl foot traffic now will be out of reach for most, new players can only enter Marind Bell, MP4s will barely be able to enter Loreroot with the new age and level requirements which pretty much leaves the grinders sitting at GoE while the rest of the realm dwindles into obscurity.

my only suggestion would be to at least bring back the torch competition.
[/quote]

I think Mur can make some compromise and make a LIMIT value so that most places don't become unreachable for everybody.

Example: Necessary APs for location X = 100 APs
Viscosity for that location during a certain time = 50 APs
Maximmum Total amount of access location = 200 APs

If nobody visits location X for more than a certain amount of time, the total amount of APs necessary to access that location together with viscosity shouldn't go further than 200. That way we are sure that no location will die.

Yes it's true that some location will reach that 200 AP limit fast. But with combined effort and organization, people can make them accessible again.
If you don't make a limit value ... certain location could go in time to reach something like 1000 APs to access. No matter how many people can join once a certain value ( like that 1000 ) is reached NOBODY can EVER visit that location ever again.

Looking for a partner (MP5) who could company me through Tribunal daily to keep viscosity from reaching too high.
Trip time and date still undecided and would like those planning to join to recommend when they are available.
PM me or post here if you want to help, although there are a few requirements that I need for a partner.
Partner must be unallied or willing to drop badge.

Edited by lone wolf pup

Spicy Pickles may be of service here, or if something gets gummed up really good.

If Mur is listening, now would be an excellent time to adjust the number of these hot little guys allowed in the realm, as we discussed once upon a time.... Even 100 doesn't seem like it would be enough any more...

To the Group - Do put up on the mood panel when a party is active - my erratic schedule will not permit me to plan around MD, but I am often available...

First trip through tribunals will be on day 189, Saturday. As only one person gave me a recommended time, it will begin at 10:00 and thinking of making multiple trips through tribunals.. now I need some kind of game to play with the players while on our trip xD I don't really want to get bored, any suggestions
Also, will take your note down and post it in the mood panel
..maybe a role-playing game.. of an adventure to slay creatures throughout the tribunals.

• 2 weeks later...

Revival, part two. It seems the regeneration for Tribunals and no one taking care of it has made going through there unsuccessful, however I propose doing something easier. I am now looking for 10 players who would be willing to go with me through the labyrinth and roam around all of Golemus. Also, as a personal request afterwords, would like some volunteers to make daily trips to GG and explore as much of the land as possible to keep Viscosity down. It would require at least 12 trips around a day to keep it at no increase in Viscosity, of course players can do more then one trip a day. I will personally join in a daily trip through GG if successful.

Side note: Players who want to join in through the raid must already know the direction through the maze.

Edited by lone wolf pup