The Grasan Replacement!

Shadowseeker

THis Halloween contest is going to be about replacing the 2nd level of a lumbering, basic creature: The Grasan.

We need a picture of the Grasan drawn in the current style, one for level 2- different from the one we have now, but close enough to be recognizable. This is because we do not wish to replace the Pimped as well. The background has to be white, so no drawing on paper that has lines on it. Handmade (no computer drawing), and best done with a high quality scan.

I will add the pictures of the Grasan and the Pimped Grasan as a spoiler as well, so artists can use them to orientate themselves.

The contest ends on Nov 1st.

The first 3 places will get rewarded. But, please be reminded, this contest was held due to suspicions of the original artist to get "inspired" too much by DnD, [b][size=5]so under no circumstance is blatant copying allowed![/size][/b]

First place: A wish to Mur (can mean creature, credits, shop resets, item, etc...within limits) + 1WP
Second place: A pack of 20 credits and 1WP
Third place: A pack of 20 credits.

(If you haven't realized yet, this is funded by Mur)

Edit:

The judging will be swift and clean, and be focused on 3 areas.

Cleanness (Overall drawing style, precise lines)
Closeness (Similarity to the original level 2)
Compability (How well it fits with the other levels and the Pimped level 2)

Edited by Shadowseeker

• Root Admin

Those that can't draw can still support this cause! Recommanded way is to write something specific and do the banana dance or SOMETHING, and post the video here :D ...and i shall post an example in a day or two :D

SAVE THE GRASAN FROM EXTINCTION, cause if there won't be any suitable artworks i will probably eradicate this species from MD

Note: not only copying from any sort of sources isn't allowed, but if i change a creature pic just to find the new one is also copied, the punishment will be fatal. If you are uncertain how much you can inspire from other sources, its simple, just upload together with your artwork also the inspiration source if any (preferably none!) and let me decide if its acceptable.

Should we keep the "text description" of the Grasan 2, as a guide for the overall tone of this creature?
I'd list it here unless it is a spoiler.

Or are Grasans possibly 'evolving' differently now?
(I ask because in the text, they seem to repeatedly be called "Huvourers", across their upgrade levels, which is interesting)

Edited by Maebius

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1317830462' post='93343']

We need a picture of the Grasan drawn in the current style, one for level 2- different from the one we have now, but close enough to be recognizable. This is because we do not wish to replace the Pimped as well.
The judging will be swift and clean, and be focused on 3 areas.

Cleanness (Overall drawing style, precise lines)
[b]Closeness (Similarity to the original level 2)[/b]
Compability (How well it fits with the other levels and the Pimped level 2)
[/quote]

It has to be uniquely similar. :D

Just gave it a try (draft)... I know the face sucks big time compared to other parts :) .......will work on it. The basic idea that I used here is, the level one was tied to stone and masked his face and on level 2 he grows and breaks his chains and mask :-)

[img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s28/anoop4real/Gras2.jpg[/img]

Updated with new image...changed to straight pose...face becomes nasty on other poses he he

-rider

Edited by dragonrider7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, I finished judging.

As you can see, Marv was excluded because of his drawing style, which leaves the following three winners:
(others are in the document)

VonUngern first, Amoran second, dragonrider third.

I'm not sure how the rewarding etc will be handled, TK or Mur himself, but we will see.

Edit: For some reason it displays it as a doc file, it is in truth an excel file. Just rename it and it should be fine.

Also, 3 judges, not sure if they want to be disclosed or not, one is me, 2 others as well. If the public demands it and they are okay with it, I'll publish it, otherwise not.

The ratings changed from Closeness to creativity, effectively using cleanliness, creativity and compability.

Edited by Shadowseeker

I am sure it can be arranged- it is just that Mur said his submission would need changes, and he didn't upload a replacement. So, I excluded it based on that post.

I meant, total of 3 judges. As i said, until the both of them tell me they are okay with being named, which I only will request if enough people wish to know (I do think they would judge fairly though), then I will not name them.

I just copied the table into a word doc on request.

Edited by Shadowseeker