Grasan Training Ground

phantasm

With the recent development in Grasans, I have pondered the idea of a grasan training ground. Since they are relativly harmless, I wanted to see what the public thought. Would it be torn apart like the GGG, or now because they provide resources are the 'bashers' going to see it fit to let such a thing be? If there is a positive public response, this will move forward. Please post your thoughts

Clash of Ages would be an interesting place. *smiles* Plus get the new folks seeing a few active names through their tutorials steps, not just within the Paper Cabin. I say go for it.
Then again, there's always outside the Hollow Den, for those with access to Loreroot, and that might be more fitting, based on the Huvourers description. ;)

This is a little bit different than GGG since grasans also require heat to advance.. won't that mean quite large-scaled skill farm with them for mp5? (at mp4 and mp3 I honestly won't do it since I care about every little point of xp I get.)

And if you're really planning to do this, you should have a really good way to enforce the rules.. since some people won't care about them and come to attack anyone around will always exist.

That will always be an issue Q. There are seldom few ways to enforce the rules. The best way we found back in the GGG days was community togetherness of the project. If most feel that it is a good thing, the few that attack will be frowned upon and retaliated against as a whole. Most can be defended against, with few exceptions like Eon of course. The best enforcer is the mass, always has been.

Grasans require rather small amounts of heat and not a too large amount of wins to move to stage II. More the issue is only so many grasan's can be used in a ritual at a time. So to train 4 (minimum to gain all varieties) or more would require several rits.

Anyone could say "my grasan is not yet there" and still continue to get xp and wins just to sacc it for skills later. I don't know though if I should see that as a problem or not... just my thoughts as you asked ^^

aye. all thoughts are welcome and needed. Abuse is always a matter in any endeavor of helping the community. It is why this post has been made. To get the reactions and thoughts of the public before any further movement. I would really enjoy like meabius said, to set it in a place that those new to MD can see the training and growth of MD. ALong with such they can meet and interact with people at the beginning stage. Seldom do they see much of people besides those in the PC.

This project in overall is a good ideea, but I just can't do it at mp3 or mp4, since I won't need to train grasans and I cant waste xp on anything.

The problem is (for me at least, but I'm not the only one) that many players will just stay in that location, 'training' or for chatting, or any other reason. And if I need to train I [i][b]will[/b][/i] come there and attack people with my own rituals, no offence.. Because I [b]won't find anyone to train with[/b] since most of them are in that spot, specially that there are few mp4 and mp3 to begin with anyway. It's similar to a part of GGG problem.

Edited by Quashen

this topic is not about the rules that will be set, but the idea itself. Please stay on topic. I wish for discussion on the ideal of a training ground for the new grasans. If there is enough of a positive outlook on the idea, the rules and enforcing will be discussed and decided later

Btw people, please say at least a few words about phans ideea. Don't just click to see what's going on and then don't care about it, this topic needs Feedback!

[size=2]people to train with[/size]
[size=1]people to train with[/size]

Edited by Quashen

• Root Admin

[quote name='phantasm' timestamp='1321370063' post='95891']
this topic is not about the rules that will be set, but the idea itself. Please stay on topic. I wish for discussion on the ideal of a training ground for the new grasans. If there is enough of a positive outlook on the idea, the rules and enforcing will be discussed and decided later
[/quote]

I like the idea, a nice grouping of easy people to farm! +1

• Root Admin

[quote name='ChildOfTheSoul' timestamp='1321393055' post='95920']
Cheeeewwwweeeet. What do you suggest? Any training groups will have the same problem. We could always dig into tribunal as a group. :P
[/quote]

Make a group, someone i can farm you :P

Seriously, you just need organisation. planning, and some movelock, attacklock, needles and GOE spells

One thing that I do miss about having a central training ground of sorts in the realm is that the training ground drew people to get to know each other a tad better. I recall that there were always interesting conversations at the GGG and when the community rose to protect it, it showed - to me - that this sort of training ground actually gives people something to do- some reason to actively participate in what the realm has to offer.

I feel that this is a good idea, if it is done properly.

The GGG had it's good points and it's bad points, but I would like to see people working with one another again more openly... you know, like the good old days.