MD Awards 2011 - Nominations

Grido

I believe Dragual Monarth and Brulant are of Necrovion? I'm sure Azull is.

[quote]

Outstanding service to MD
*[b]Brulant[/b] (+[b]Dragual Monarth[/b])

Golden protector
*[b]Azull[/b] (+Sasha Lilias, [b]Dragual Monarth[/b], Maebius)
[/quote]

You should have asked people to tell their citizenship before nominating people, and probably telling citizenship of the nominated person.

Also, do the rules allow for one of the people to drop citizenship of a land, just to be able to be nominated by his "previous" fellow citizens?
Because there are several examples of land changing, even jailtime (nadrolski, tho he might have been released, I don't remember), which makes them eligible for nominations.

For example, Jester was the king of Necrovion, up till recent. Some people have influence in certain lands like they are their citizens (Pipstickz with Necro and Tribunal), because they actually were before.
The rule is so made in rush, and it sucks, plainly. It has major flaws, doesn't take a lot of things in consideration.

Thanks for the nomination :cool: but I'm ineligible for that award. (I think)

This account was opened on (DD.MM.YYYY H:M): [b]05.12.2010 08:32[/b]

Activity days: [b]55% [/b] (A total of 203 out of 369 days)

(I left MD for a couple of months shortly after creating my account)

Edited by Falronn

[quote name='Brulant' timestamp='1323369320' post='97500']
Dragual Monarth is not (and has never been) a citizen of Necrovion, Princ.
I am, though ;)
[/quote]
He associates with Necrovion though:
[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10360-necrovion-scholar-of-necrovion-history/"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10360-necrovion-scholar-of-necrovion-history/[/url]
But by no means should this remove his ability to nominate Necrovion citizens, since there is nothing in this rule about possible future citizens, or friends of citizens.

I think its a daft and unfair rule, since the people most likely to see the sort of things that would get you nominated are people of your own land.
It is also an unfair restriction, as people without a land affiliation are still able to nominate each other.
The lands all also have different sizes of population.

I don't think it makes any sense to differentiate between lands during the nominations phase. I do think there may potentially be merit for taking it into consideration during the voting stage, however during nominations its just silly and ill thought out. As has been pointed out over and over, there are far too many things such a rule doesn't take into consideration.

Well, I've already said that I'm against this rule. I nominated from all lands, the people that I speak to almost every day. I can't nominate someone I don't know. It just so happens that I know a few more people from my land than the others.

[quote name='Falronn' timestamp='1323371559' post='97504']
Thanks for the nomination :cool: but I'm ineligible for that award. (I think)

This account was opened on (DD.MM.YYYY H:M): [b]05.12.2010 08:32[/b]

Activity days: [b]55% [/b](A total of 203 out of 369 days)

(I left MD for a couple of months shortly after creating my account)
[/quote]
Your account was created after the nominations had ended last year, thus you are eligible for this year's awards.

Best Beautification
[color=#ff0000]*Dragonrider (+Zleiphneir)[/color]- his topic is awesome if you ask me, has anyone seen it? It may be fantasy, but it's still awesome to even be dedicated enough to make such a chain.

Elite Evil Villain of the Year
*Jester (+Sasha Lilias, Awiiya, Maebius)(-Arkken)- simply biggest disturbance ever.

Fossil of the year
For the player who has been around so long they have turned into a fossil. The player must be visibly active over the past year, and on the veterans list in game.
I would nominate Akasha if I could here. Since I can't chewy. He won before, but he IS the old one, ancient before people joined mostly.

Most Addicted
For the player who just can't leave MD for more than a minute without needing a fix.
*Eon (+Zleiphneir, Lashtal, ZenTao)
In terms of felt activity, Eon.

Outstanding Service to MD
*Eon - one has to admit, big changes in regards to mp5.

Pre-eminent Role Player
*Zleiphneir- well he's lazing around all day, but dedicated. Might swap to Awiiya next year or year after.

Rookie of the year
*Guillak [185 active days, 29th May 2011] - not much to say, he made enough of an impression to me.

Top Techie
*Fyrd Argentus- ignoring chew's scripts which I cannot assess because I'll never see them, fyrd's lost path was the best coded event I think.

I believe I know what happened with this.. No one asked or argued the point of not being able to nominate people of your own land. It limits the nominations, and gives the person nominating only a certain range of people to nominate. So perhaps people just ran out of nominations? I believe the way this is set up is a complete farce, and honestly.. I don't like the way it's being run.

No one asked for the limitation, and people have argued it clearly, so why is it in place? Do you really need 20 people to say "this is stupid" before you decide that it's a stupid idea?

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8745-md-anual-awards-feedback/

I wonder why nobody thought it was stupid all year long...
In fact, it seemed that nobody had any point FOR in-group nominations, but Chewie and Bun Bun got a nice load of rep for talking AGAINST it.