Dominion Journey - your opinion

Dominion Journey Event  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to commend Isabella for her online time, at one point (if not more) it was 8am where she lived, and she pretty much asked permission to get a couple hours sleep whilst me and Lone Wolf pondered one of her riddles, because she hadn't slept the night before to be online for people. That's not to put down the other Challengers, they've all been amazing and dedicated, but just wanted to say that about her.

Overall fun with difficulties as has been mentioned previously.

A way to improve - presuming automated is out of the question (and I kinda don't like that idea anyway), couple people working together at posts with offset timezones and a mutual document of some sort where they could say who'd been set q's and the answers etc.
Also, rather than teleport items or spells, how about the use of Keys? When you get the q correct you can the key to progress on to the next scene or something, this way players can go back to the rest of the realm whilst waiting for the next challenger to come online or something - like Burns said, repopulating the rest of the map, rather than leaving it mostly empty. If they get the q wrong, the keys all get removed and teleported back to the start.

• Root Admin

Thank you for your feedback.
What do you say we do it again just for fun and this time with two guards per location, offset timezones better organized because now you know what this is all about... or now that you visited the dominion this won't have the same flavor ? :P

I forgot to mention something in the first post. using more people in the organizing team makes this sort of event abuse proof, in a sense that you might be friend with one or two but you can't possibly cheat by convinsing ALL of the tema members to let you pass just for friendship reasons..or if you can then its your merit.

I am willing to do a similar competition again, this time with smaller rewards (otherwise it wouldnt be fair for the current winners), ..by that i mean lets say first 5 to win get a _nice_ reward, everyone else gets nothing once five reach the end.

..or we can make it again on the next major event whatever it will be then, with 'more than decent' rewards..

I am open to suggestions

Note Isabella as an mp4 surprised me. Even if I could not answer her evil riddle. She did put a great effort.

IaB made me think and even ask for some celestial help. his riddle was evil and great!

Mya showed me a different way of making riddles and I plan to emm.. "copy" it.

Kyphis questions were perfect and logical.

Bruls death challenges were excellent (I loved the mathematical part of squares, even if it wasn't for me)

to the rest of the challengers well i did not faced them... (or perhaps skipped them :D)

Things can be a little improved, but well it was nice.

AND... WHERE's the ANNIV CAKE!?

~B

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1335300636' post='109625']
Possibly the first 5 get a good reward, next five get a decent reward and everyone else gets... A single cup of tea.
[/quote]
like it up!
Also save this kind of quest to major events dates.

Edited by Espartano

I would like to know whether all people in the tunnel is transport to the gate of the bored now? Because I was waiting for Kyphis and the drawing he wanted and the next thing I know is I was transported out for no reason. I got no answer wrong. Can somebody please explain.

The event is over. It has been over for a couple days now. Anyone within the tunnel when the Birthday celebration was over was kind of locked in to either be pushed through or out and no one else was allowed in so we could finish things up. It took much longer than anticipated though and finally there was a cut off point, which you did not make. The Challenge was to make it through the tunnel while the event was taking place.

I hope that explains things.

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]just... i got teleported from Lib's to IAB's place after 10+ days spending in this haunted tunnel, no clue why... just need a confirmation that i can go wherever i need to, without any promises completed or whatever.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]in fact (for me) all this event went from a great one to a total irritation... just a stupid duxie's stupid opinion... [/font][/size]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]P.S. oh yeah... forgot about just, heh... just is a just, don't you agree?[/size][/font]

Edited by duxie

Yeah... I get the quest over thing. But what I don't like is I was in the tunnel for good 10 days I think and thanks to Windy's and Mya's time zone difference I was totally screwed by the time I got to Kyphis. But I did not like the way it ended. If you send someone in you have to wait until that person looses by getting the Q wrong or get to the end because I can't be present in US to ask Windy and Mya to get up and be online. Big tumbs down for that one. :angry::mad::mad::mad:

I really enjoyed the challenge, especially how it became more and more difficult to go forward. Luckily I reached Liberty. However, I understand that those who got to Liberty were rewarded morphs and other prizes. I have yet to receive an award. (I have spoken to Awiiya and he says he also was not rewarded, though he added that he doesn't care much for such things).

Edit: Oh, and I did contact Mur about this when I first realized it, but his only reply before going missing again was a bit cryptic: "[color=#000000]umm,, u still outside now?".[/color]

Edited by Ivorak

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]fun... now that everyone here has telepathy abilities, we sure had have known where, how and whom to PM... [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]or maybe Mur has been giving those abilities at BDay party and i've missed them?[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]nevertheless, thank you, Lib, for explanation. at least things are more clear now...[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]haha... :D:D:D[/font][/size]

[font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]Ann. 2296 - [2012-05-05 22:09:24 - Stage 11][/background][/font]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]Master of Ceremonies will cease being at GoE soon. Any unrequested rewards for MD Birthday will not be issued. Please make sure you PM MoC at GoE if you have not so that you do not miss out. If you are in conversations with The Council, The Treasure Keepers, Mur or anyone else about awards and think this exempts you, be advised it does not. You must PM MoC at GoE for your rewards to be issued. If you need to send him a chase PM then please do this also.[/font][/color]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]and you're telling this now?! after THIS time, while some of us (well, me) are still waiting around the place and still are stuck in Tribunal lands?! fun, fun... thanks for all, and... oh well... [/font][/size]

[quote][font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]Ann. 2287 - [2012-04-25 10:21:22 - Stage 11][/background][/font]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]MD's 7th Birthday ended a few days ago. We hope you had fun and look forward to the next event![/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]During the following days any quest creators that asked to be sponsored should contact Master of Ceremonies at GoE to give out final rewards and tidy up business. If you are a quest creator and have sent us a message, please direct it in a PM to Master of Ceremonies at GoE. Master of Ceremonies will ignore any other requests.[/background][/font][/color][/quote]

I would just like to point out to the council that their first announcement seemed to be directed at quest creators only, and not quest solvers. It would be nice if the Master of Ceremonies could wait a bit longer for those in a situation like duxie.

[quote name='duxie' timestamp='1336252671' post='111031']
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]and you're telling this now?! after THIS time, while some of us (well, me) are still waiting around the place and still are stuck in Tribunal lands?! fun, fun... thanks for all, and... oh well... [/font][/size]
[/quote]

I can get you guys out.

Just pm me forum