MD Summer Fest Meeting

BFH

• Root Admin

whats the reasoning behind 3 teams? having this number makes it much harder to balance the teams.

From what i read, you are assigning people to teams yes?

Whats the definition of "devolp" one quest per day, Since you didnt use "create" or "host" it sounds like they just need to continue one from a previous day if necessary.

the scoring process sounds convoluted and open to abuse, i can have a private discussion of anyone who wants to abuse this system.

if its during 3 days, and you say "develop" one quest per day, that equates to 3 quests, assuming you mean create instead of develop.

Why not run it for 9 days, giving each time a full 3 days to do their own stuff. If all the other teams are working on their own quests, there will be a lack of people who are from the other teams, as some people will be working on quests and such surely?

there is probably more to say from me

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1338566363' post='113302']
whats the reasoning behind 3 teams? having this number makes it much harder to balance the teams.

From what i read, you are assigning people to teams yes?

Whats the definition of "devolp" one quest per day, Since you didnt use "create" or "host" it sounds like they just need to continue one from a previous day if necessary.

the scoring process sounds convoluted and open to abuse, i can have a private discussion of anyone who wants to abuse this system.

if its during 3 days, and you say "develop" one quest per day, that equates to 3 quests, assuming you mean create instead of develop.

Why not run it for 9 days, giving each time a full 3 days to do their own stuff. If all the other teams are working on their own quests, there will be a lack of people who are from the other teams, as some people will be working on quests and such surely?

there is probably more to say from me
[/quote]

Three teams was an idea of a player on the first meeting. Why not? Yes it's hard to balance, but somehow it balances the total number of quests for 3 days.

Well by develop i mean create at least one quest per day (NEW one)

9 days is too much. Basically won't last that long because I at least can't run it for so long.

Scoring system, well any suggestions then?

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1338566363' post='113302']
[/quote]

This was my idea. 2 reasons:
- Last time this kind of thing was done, there were 2 teams. Do something else for variety. Why not.
- Team members get to do more quests; they can do 2/3 of the quests, because 1/3 are theirs. If 2 teams, they'd only get to do 1/2 the quests. It should be more fun this way.

In terms of balance:

With a two team system it's natural to give each team the same task, because then they compete against each other.

With a three team system I would imagine it's more natural to give each team a separate task.

Awi

So the scoring shoudl be simple - whichever team does BETTER, X or Y, on Z's first quest, gets -- one point. Forget checkpoints and difficulty factors.

Only problem then is the tie-breaker if everybody wins 3 times.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1338724381' post='113333']
So the scoring shoudl be simple - whichever team does BETTER, X or Y, on Z's first quest, gets -- one point. Forget checkpoints and difficulty factors.

[/quote]

Everybody agrees with his proposal?

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1338724381' post='113333']

[/quote]

Define "better". More solvers, more people reach 75% solved, more solvers as a percentage of the total group... ?

If it is defined as more solvers, then one solver from one team with no other participants from his team would get the point over the entire other team getting to 90%. Obviously this isn't "better" so you'd have to find a better definition.

I think the current system kind of tries to fairly and objectively determine which team does better.

Edited by apophys

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

When signing up, do not use brackets in any of the forms, if you recieve an error such as:

Illegal input <<SOME TEXT>> in ‘<<SOME WORD>>’Number of errors: 1

it means the field "SOME WORD" is incorrect. Most likely its because you entered something bad.

Once you have submitted it, you will see what you entered, this will only appear once and reloading the page will show multiple errors.

[quote name='Master' timestamp='1340375669' post='115771']
Do note that Yesterday I tried using
*MasterB*
as my name and it did not work.

I had to put it withOUT the stars.
[/quote]

I saw both of your posts. They appeared on my db. However the * issue was fixed with the brackets issue. If you notice any other issues please let me know.

BTW: Alyon you suffered same issue and I have both entries. On your second submission you changed hours from the time schedule. Which you wish me to consider, your first or second submission?

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1340379193' post='115789']
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed it, but that trigger box advert is FULL of spelling errors. And not one or two, but three of them...

Sign, Thread, and the second First should be Fest I am assuming.
[/quote]

Yes, that might happen a lot to me when I work at nights. I don't tend to check spelling, but will do for the following announcements :)

Thanks for reporting and to the one who changed it thnx !

• 1 month later...