Poor taste? Cheating? Or simply crude laziness ?

dst

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1359014569' post='131328']
'Campaigning' for a vote that your leader didnt mention in his top ten votes? Lol. I dont even know what to say.

Edit: Wait! I think i do know what to say.
Doesn't really help your cause if your leader does exactly opposite to what you are campaigning for
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The wish to me now is NOTHING.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I KNEW that this wish might still not be granted as the Council would say it's a community wish. I STILL continued to see how many votes I get. Right now, it's leading by FAR, FAR, FAR.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The wish was to get the message across the CoE members are back.[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] That there is still someone who thinks there's a chance. Like Shem said, a step towards it. Even Amoran had lost hope at that time, I went to her myself and said I'd work to bring her alliance back. She did NOT come to me and brainwash me. She barely ever even spoke for months, I was lucky enough to catch her at the Inn.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And look at it now, I am successful so far. Amoran and Tarq are back, many CoE members are re-united, and it all couldn't have gone any better. Wish or not, CoE is back. And back for good.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]As far as I'm concerned, I wasn't campaigning for votes, but support. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Yes, dst, I WORKED. You told me yourself that Tarq and Amoran got chased away because of YOU. You failed.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

So you are campaigning for support and not for the vote while amoran campaigned for votes? And now your wish means nothing to you and you were just wanting to see how many votes you'd get? Meaning you prevented people who really wanted wishes from getting what they want by campaigning for a wish that means nothing to you? Wow. This just gets better.

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1359016166' post='131330']
So you are campaigning for support and not for the vote while amoran campaigned for votes? And now your wish means nothing to you and you were just wanting to see how many votes you'd get? Meaning you prevented people who really wanted wishes from getting what they want by campaigning for a wish that means nothing to you? Wow. This just gets better.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But it's still there. If the wish is granted.... :D[/color][/font]

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1359015220' post='131329']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The wish to me now is NOTHING.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Well then I'm guessing it's not really a selfish wish now. The council has eyes, Dark Demon. Does that wish really mean nothing to you now?

You know something? Flame topics, like these, are why I hardly ever take the time to read anything on the forums. In my opinion, if someone has a problem with something someone else is doing, they should first speak to that person in private before bringing it up in a forum topic. Then, if that conversation does not do anything, speak to other players in private and get their opinions on the issue. If enough players agree with you and feel it is a problem, then you should proceed to open up a topic like this. Otherwise, please keep it off the forums. The only thing you people are doing, are making the forums worse for those of us that want to actually enjoy our time, not only in game, but also while on the forums.

Edited by VertuHonagan

@Change: Lets hope that Council noted that the wish is no longer required.
actually ... I will add a comment in the voting page too about this

Edit: Done.

@VertuHonagan: Read announcements:
[quote name='Ann. 2133 - 2011-12-20 04:12:02 - Stage 11']
Investigator
DST was granted full access to logs and tools to monitor and investigate criminal/abuse activity.
[/quote]
For the first time in a long time, I agree with the way she handled this incident.

Also, you should thank Dst for all her work. She stopped more abuses & bugs that any one individual in MD remembers, even if she didn't do it in an enjoyable way.

Edited by No one

[quote name='No one' timestamp='1359026753' post='131343']
@Change: Lets hope that Council noted that the wish is no longer required.
actually ... I will add a comment in the voting page too about this

Edit: Done.

@VertuHonagan: Read announcements:

For the first time in a long time, I agree with the way she handled this incident.

Also, you should thank Dst for all her work. She stopped more abuses & bugs that any one individual in MD remembers, even if she didn't do it in an enjoyable way.
[/quote]

You completely misunderstood my post. I was not speaking about the creator of this topic. I was speaking of all of these topics in general. Within the last few months we have had way too many of these for my tastes. Although this sites forums are not as bad as another games that I play, I would much rather see the forums not go down that road.

Looks like this is a topic without any winners, but only losers. I apologise in advance for the over all negativity of my post.

First of all, I generally tend not to vote for those that feel the need to campaign for their cause more than others. Asking for votes to me is like admitting you think the original idea isn't enough to be able to win on its own and therefore you need to use other methods to get your votes.

Dark Demon, what is your reason to want the CoE to return? I'm with Nimrodel on this one.

Tarquinus, I'm starting to wonder if you actually want the CoE to be revived. Every time someone tries to put in some effort you seem to step back and say you should prove to deserve getting back the CoE. Wouldn't it make more sense to pick up every opportunity that arises to let it be known you are still alive? Support your cause. You shouldn't deserve back your alliance because of some popularity contest, but you should be able to win some popularity contest because you deserve back your alliance. (At least in this case, the CoE is rather popular.)

Although I don't really like the way DST handled this, I do think it's a good thing she brought it to attention.[size=2] If only she were able to do it in such a way that it doesn't ruin the mood of all those somewhat involved...[/size]

Regardles I would really love to see the CoE return, so please do continue trying to bring it back.

Why do we need to fight all the time?

Anyone else dare to ask this question and dares to start walking the way to find out if there is an hidden answer deep in every single one of us?

Is anyone interested in the stopping of hurting others at all? Or do we enjoy the behavior of destruction?

What would happen if there would be no laws at all? Would we just try to be on the the top and rule over everyone else or would love truly be discovered?

I dare to ask those question seriously and so far found only a few who were at least interested to search truly inside them selfs and not always in all others!

As long as we are fighting each other in a destructive way there will be only losers. There was not in a single war with a winner at the end not on the battlefields of this world, not in the families of all countries and not at all in the anonymous internet.

Start small to change in a constructive way and start with yourself.

I say this to all of us (including myself too) because we are all hurting others more or less often but never wanted to be hurt by others. So why, so why ...

"Treat others the way you want to be treated." - Why is this one of the most ancient sentences you can find in all different cultures and religions? Why?

I wish all of us more respect and love for the brothers and sisters we are living with on this earth.

Edited by Menhir

@Samon - I keep saying the CoE should prove its worth because I mean it. I repeat: I am grateful to Dark Demon for his kind thought. But I know how the CoE started in the first place.

I move too slowly for most, or have done in the past year or so. That is what it is. I will not apologize for the circumstances of my life. I do, however, feel the need at this time to contribute something to MD - something interesting, something fun, and hopefully something instructive [i]about the game itself[/i]. Too often I have defaulted to tournaments and worship ceremonies that seem pointless to some. I would like there to be a point, and I would like it to be self-evident. That's easier said than done. All I can say is that I have begun making plans. I will need allies, by which I mean other players who are also interested in fun (and it doesn't necessarily matter whether they like the CoE), because the best and most interesting things I have encountered in MD have always involved multiple players doing something competitive and cooperative, where there is the promise of a well-earned reward and the risk of loss or failure.

So I am researching and thinking of quest ideas. Certain players knowledgeable about game mechanics will be hearing from me, because my coding skills are mediocre at best. If people are interested in the CoE, I will find them. I know we have enemies, and actually I am proud of that; how boring would it be if we did not, and this was all a big, happy lovefest? If the Council grants Dark Demon's wish and restores our badge on that basis, I will be extremely grateful, but it isn't my plan. I mean to rebuild the CoE the way I started it: one person at a time.

[color=#808080][i]again. With all due respect Tarquinus.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]No one is questioning your dedication or reasons why you can give MD less attention. RL is RL and it requires no explanation, even less an apology.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]But alliance is a group of people. Group where [u]everyone[/u] should work [u]together[/u].[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]It's [u]NOT[/u] "Tarquinus and some irrelevant list of names below".[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]You want to deserve to have the alliance back, and you will in time. But other people that consider themselves Children of the Eclipse [u]should[/u] do whatever they can to deserve it back as well.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]And discouraging them because you can't give it 100% isn't working for the alliance.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]Seems it took a fresh blood to gather them together and start acting as a team, for me it's a good start, don't push it away because it's not your initiative.[/i][/color]

[color=#a9a9a9][size=2]Edit: spelling errors[/size][/color]

Edited by Shemhazaj

[quote name='Tarquinus' timestamp='1359095168' post='131391']
Dark Demon does not consider himself a member of the Eclipse. Those who do are working together, planning together.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Not bragging at all, but if I had not done anything, Amoran would have remained dormant at the Inn, you would have probably not returned, and the Eclipse broken up and not united. :([/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]As many people told me, strange that the spark had to come from me, and not a current member of the Eclipse.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='Tarquinus' timestamp='1359095896' post='131393']
Your efforts are much appreciated, sir. I have sent you a forum communiqué.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Appreciated, and then forgotten? :([/color][/font]

You people have no new ideas or opinions about the matter anymore, you're just looking for loopholes from each others posts and attack it to fulfill your insecurities about yourselves and to attract attention. Points have been made already, we know their purpose, and Piss Piss is secretly laughing in the dark corners of Romania as we speak, only one thing left to do before you close this thread; and that is to recognize Dark Demon for all his efforts because let's face it, if it wasn't for him, Amoran and the others who are actually part of the alliance will remain handicapped, right? Someone please recognize the recognition-hungry people.

Until then, everybody will be satisfied, so it would make so much sense for this to be closed afterwards.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]What led me to say the above was not that I want to be recognized, but that the Eclipse might not return if the leader did not support it. I wanted to make sure it worked out right till the end. [/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='Lazarus' timestamp='1359096415' post='131395']
You people have no new ideas or opinions about the matter anymore, you're just looking for loopholes from each others posts and attack it to fulfill your insecurities about yourselves and to attract attention. Points have been made already, ...
[/quote]

Well put into words Lazarus. Sometime we need to hurt others to get hurt ourselves to see that there was something wrong right from the beginning.