Poor taste? Cheating? Or simply crude laziness ?

dst

An option is an option regardless of the circumstance.

If this is the road they wish to take, I wholeheartedly support it.

Ive never been one to care about what others think (negatively), but an Alliance is equivilant to a home.

I don't know what happened to have them lose it. I'm not one to care for politics, I'll leave that to the intellectuals of this realm, and give my humble opinion if asked.

They want their home back. I won't fight against it, so why not help them achieve it?

I don't care about the natural flow of things. I don't care about what others might think of me for my choices. I follow my own path, and my heart is telling me to help them. In their situation, I would do the same thing.

Your entitled to your opinion DST, and so are they. You made your own wish for your own reasons, and DD made his. I won't heckle you over your wish. Frankly, I could care less what you wished for. Thus, I find it petty that you'd stoop so low as to judge them. Who are you to judge?

Your opinion is that of a hateful and resentful person. Go ahead. Speak your mind. Troll me. Kill me over my choices. It won't affect me. I'm not afraid to speak for myself, and those I blindly follow.

What I feel for Kol is respect. What I feel for Dark is admiration. What I feel for my fallen friends of the Eclipse is love.

Blind faith DST. it's more powerful than anything you could possibly do.

Edited by Fang Archbane

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1358927232' post='131252']
Really?? THIS is what it has come to? Really?

Asking noobs to support your cause because you're too lazy to WORK?

That makes me puke.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And what makes you think of that? Lazy to work?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Do you even know what's going on before you start yapping?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]NOTHING was happening when I came to this realm. I was lucky enough to see Amoran awake just once, to have a chance to speak to her. That's when I decided to do what I want to do.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I spoke to many many people, dst, and they gave good suggestions, which I'll not speak of here. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Since when did you get so interested in how CoE is campaigning for it's return? Chew told me to DO things, that saying we have supporters is not enough. And I agreed.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I vow that if my wish comes in the top 3 but if it still not granted, I won't stop. This is for my land.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]When people find out that something has been wronged, only then they'll truly support it, be they new or old. You have to raise your voices for them to actually be heard. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You always try to destroy Phantom Orchid's role, what she worked on for many years. Is that better than asking people to support for your alliance's return? Look who's talking.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You can give me whatever thoughts on this you like. I still like mine better.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I'm nobody to tell you what to do, but if making people's lives miserable is your job, then you and all who support you have lost my respect. I don't hate you, dst. But I'm sorry, you're just not what I expected an old, experienced vet to be. And it's RIGHT for "noobs" to know about you. They're too young and they must be protected from those who seek nothing but to harass people.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Council won't fix the wrong, but new voices will.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Oh, and please don't say I've been brainwashed. I've had enough of that too.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1358931069' post='131259']
An option is an option regardless of the circumstance.

If this is the road they wish to take, I wholeheartedly support it.

Ive never been one to care about what others think (negatively), but an Alliance is equivilant to a home.

I don't know what happened to have them lose it. I'm not one to care for politics, I'll leave that to the intellectuals of this realm, and give my humble opinion if asked.

They want their home back. I won't fight against it, so why not help them achieve it?

I don't care about the natural flow of things. I don't care about what others might think of me for my choices. I follow my own path, and my heart is telling me to help them. In their situation, I would do the same thing.

Your entitled to your opinion DST, and so are they. You made your own wish for your own reasons, and DD made his. I won't heckle you over your wish. Frankly, I could care less what you wished for. Thus, I find it petty that you'd stoop so low as to judge them. Who are you to judge?

Your opinion is that of a hateful and resentful person. Go ahead. Speak your mind. Troll me. Kill me over my choices. It won't affect me. I'm not afraid to speak for myself, and those I blindly follow.

What I feel for Kol is respect. What I feel for Dark is admiration. What I feel for my fallen friends of the Eclipse is love.

[/quote][quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1358934618' post='131265']

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And what makes you think of that? Lazy to work?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Do you even know what's going on before you start yapping?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]NOTHING was happening when I came to this realm. I was lucky enough to see Amoran awake just once, to have a chance to speak to her. That's when I decided to do what I want to do.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I spoke to many many people, dst, and they gave good suggestions, which I'll not speak of here. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Since when did you get so interested in how CoE is campaigning for it's return? Chew told me to DO things, that saying we have supporters is not enough. And I agreed.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I vow that if my wish comes in the top 3 but if it still not granted, I won't stop. This is for my land.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]When people find out that something has been wronged, only then they'll truly support it, be they new or old. You have to raise your voices for them to actually be heard. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You always try to destroy Phantom Orchid's role, what she worked on for many years. Is that better than asking people to support for your alliance's return? Look who's talking.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You can give me whatever thoughts on this you like. I still like mine better.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I'm nobody to tell you what to do, but if making people's lives miserable is your job, then you and all who support you have lost my respect. I don't hate you, dst. But I'm sorry, you're just not what I expected an old, experienced vet to be. And it's RIGHT for "noobs" to know about you. They're too young and they must be protected from those who seek nothing but to harass people.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Council won't fix the wrong, but new voices will.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Oh, and please don't say I've been brainwashed. I've had enough of that too.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Umm, love your passion and all. Reminds me of a certain someone. But the post doesnt address either of you.

I don't see how this is cheating in the least. Dark made a wish for CoE to be reinstated and this wish can only come true based on votes -- a popularity contest as you will. Thus it makes sense to ask people to vote for your wish does it not? How is that cheating?

[quote name='Esmaralda' timestamp='1358948607' post='131274']
I don't see how this is cheating in the least. Dark made a wish for CoE to be reinstated and this wish can only come true based on votes -- a popularity contest as you will. Thus it makes sense to ask people to vote for your wish does it not? How is that cheating?
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Esmaralda, only people with a negative, resentful mind think this is cheating.[/color][/font]

I hate to say this, but I have to agree with dst here too. I also received this letter ingame and I didn't respond cos I didn't wanna hurt their feelings, but since this has been brought up I'll take the opportunity to express my opinions about this.

CoE and the people who were in it always had my full support, so as the members of Necrovion, until now, but I won't consider the methods used for bringing it back. As Yrth has said, this is not how you regain an alliance. It's not that they're lazy to work, or they are cheating, frankly I don't see anything wrong with it, but it is unethical in my own personal view. If they really want it back, the members should prove that they deserve it, not for the sake of just having an alliance, I said this because most of the people in MD specially the newcomers wants to be in an alliance just to have the damn badge to display and to brag about, I know this because I did it before and it is still happening now, and that is not how alliances work.

The Children of the Eclipse is still existing, it exists inside those people who are passionate about it, the only difference is that you have no badge. Act as if nothing is wrong and the alliance is still alive and you will have a very high chance of getting the alliance back instead of using the methods that was presented, because for all we know, those kind of stuff only attracts the negative people and they will just bring you down, but as long as you stay humble they will back off like a pair of testicles during the winter season. I will do my best to help Amoran regain the CoE back in force with the Lorerootian people.

One last point, the public is there for their own votes, I really think we shouldn't be controlling their decisions, because first it is none of our business (except for the people like Tipu who sell their votes), and second we can't really control people, but whatever the results of the votes are, we should wholeheartedly accept it, even though it's just a mere popularity contest, if they like you, you'll have everything, if they don't then goodluck, you also can't blame the public, as 60%-80% of them are lacking the capacity to think critically and fairly. We'll see when the voting ends.

[color=#808080][i]I was glad to see DD had done what he did. [/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]Even if I had my doubts it could work out it at least was reminding people CoE was not forgotten and making a point of how big the support for the disbanded alliance remains.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]That was not something to earn the alliance, that was a small step towards it.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]I was hugely disappointed when I too got that PM from Amoran. For 2 reasons. Firstly it was kinda asking for random votes than showing support. Secondly coz I got the PM [u]after[/u] I already voted...[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]As for your post Tarquinus, with all due respect, being quiet and rejecting a helping hand is hardly a way to prove you deserve the alliance back.[/i][/color]

I did this "mass message" to get a fix on the opinion of people in the realm, and to let the community know that we aren't dead yet. I'm grateful to the individuals who gave me their thoughts, and I'm happy to say that I agree with them.

The Children of the Eclipse should be earned, not granted in a wish. I highly appreciate Dark Demon's effort, but as I stated in the voting thread, it was merely an option that I did not want to ignore.

Instead of using it to rack in votes, I would prefer to use the feed back from those messages to move in the right direction. Thank you to everyone who chose to tell me your thoughts.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I had begun to work on the CoE revival before this whole wish thing started.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This was just something to speed it up.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]That's why I also vowed to continue working towards it if the wish wasn't granted.[/color][/font]

I don't particularly like either party involved in this "scandal" (LOL), but since when is campaigning for your cause wrong?

Piss piss, of course, is trying to be destroy someone else's project. Surprise, Surprise.

PoE/Amoran (whoever else is involved), wants to get their alliance back. (Never did understand their fascination with the moon...) Something theyve been annoyingly trying to achieve for some time now.

You guys should be a little more supportive of each other, get past this stupid bickering. Mur came back to make MD great again. To shake things up. This is INCREDIBLY COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.

Perhaps this thread should be closed until Council makes an appearance(if they ever do).

Something can be both a selfish request and a request for the community at the same time. Wanting a world to conform to one's will is a very selfish thing indeed. Thus, wanting to revive an alliance, even if one isn't in said alliance, is quite selfish.

I don't get the people who say that we should only vote for the more selfish requests to go 'with the spirit of the personal request month'. To me, the whole idea of the personal request month was to make a request that was selfish enough that the council would grant it, and popular enough that others would like you to get it, over other people's wishes.

Really, one could say that everything anyone does is a selfish act. A less broad definition would be calling anything anyone does that they think benefits them in some way. Thus, Dark Demon's request is selfish, by both definitions. The problem is, the council can decide it's not selfish.

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1358931069' post='131259']
[/quote]

Sadly, this is true, in both MD and out of MD. Whether or not you think it's moral to harness such power, that's another question, a question I'm deeply considering. Perhaps I should start another quest.. or just talk to people.

[quote name='Lazarus' timestamp='1358950363' post='131279']
The Children of the Eclipse is still existing, it exists inside those people who are passionate about it, the only difference is that you have no badge. [b]Act as if nothing is wrong and the alliance is still alive[/b] and you will have a very high chance of getting the alliance back instead of using the methods that was presented, because for all we know, those kind of stuff only attracts the negative people and they will just bring you down, but as long as you stay humble they will back off like a pair of testicles during the winter season. I will do my best to help Amoran regain the CoE back in force with the Lorerootian people.
[/quote]

Indeed. You, Amoran, said that many of the past members are waiting for a spark of hope - this seems silly to me. As Lazarus said, act as though you are all well. You do not need a badge to operate as a group. I might suggest creating a forum topic for others interested in joining the Children of the Eclipse (various newish players have been interested), for as I explained to you, I would not depend entirely on your previous members. No offense to them, but mixtures of old and new are often necessary for a productive group with new ideas and smooth running. Just ideas running around through my head. Be well,

Max

[quote name='Max Mortlock' timestamp='1358979623' post='131300']
Indeed. You, Amoran, said that many of the past members are waiting for a spark of hope - this seems silly to me. As Lazarus said, act as though you are all well. You do not need a badge to operate as a group. I might suggest creating a forum topic for others interested in joining the Children of the Eclipse (various newish players have been interested), for as I explained to you, I would not depend entirely on your previous members. No offense to them, but mixtures of old and new are often necessary for a productive group with new ideas and smooth running. Just ideas running around through my head. Be well,

Max
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The spark of hope came when I spoke to Amoran I wanted to revive the Eclipse. We already created a forum topic to call for new recruits.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But it seems asking new people to support your cause if considered a sin by dst... hence, she opens this topic.[/color][/font]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif](pure curiosity) What rule does the request make that qualifies it as cheating? I'm not trying to be smart or anything. dst usually has a good handle on the rules so I was curious for my own knowledge.[/font][/color]

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1358997774' post='131307']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]We already created a forum topic to call for new recruits.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Where? This: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10413-do-you-wish-to-become-a-knight-or-priestess/page__pid__121547#entry121547 ?

Edited by Hedge Munos

[quote name='Hedge Munos' timestamp='1359003139' post='131313']
Where? This: [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10413-do-you-wish-to-become-a-knight-or-priestess/page__pid__121547#entry121547"]http://magicduel.inv...547#entry121547[/url] ?
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Yes[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Make dst get her panties in a bunch and puke... check.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]But seriously, what do you hope to achieve by opening this inflammatory thread? How does this benefit MD? Aren't there other, more important, matters other than the above PM more worthy of your attention?[/font]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1359004142' post='131316']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Make dst get her panties in a bunch and puke... check.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]But seriously, what do you hope to achieve by opening this inflammatory thread? How does this benefit MD? Aren't there other, more important, matters other than the above PM more worthy of your attention?[/font]
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Nah, that's used as an excuse.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This is what dst actually does...[/color][/font]

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1358927232' post='131252']
Asking noobs to support your cause because you're too lazy to WORK?
[/quote]

Poor taste - on your part, yes
Cheating - If campaigning for a wish is cheating, isn't your campaigning against a wish cheating?
Crude laziness - Since the message was sent in game, it seems that Amoran WORKED by walking around and sending messages to your so-called "noobs" rather than your being lazy by posting one message on the forum so that many could see it.

dst, every time you start one of your self righteous witch hunts I get more tired of this game and that is one of the problems that MD is currently experiencing. Will you be happy when everyone leaves and you are left alone in the world?

[quote name='Change' timestamp='1358978729' post='131299']
To me, the whole idea of the personal request month was to make a request that was selfish enough that the council would grant it, and popular enough that others would like you to get it, over other people's wishes.
[/quote]
Interesting but I see it differently.
This all "selfish request" was a "charade" to give the common fool (read player) and that means YOU (yea, you, the one that reads this) , the feel of the choices Council does [b]everyday[/b].
Just read all the "selfish" requests and make a list of what you would not want to see implemented that are really inappropriate.
Now, consider that these requests would have been made to council directly and you should understand the "feelings" of some for the Council because they feel "neglected" and you might even understand what I feel for those that go with their requests directly to Mur as Council doesn't acknowledge their "[b]great/unique[/b]" idea.

::puke::

[quote name='Mya Celestia' timestamp='1358999415' post='131311']
[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif](pure curiosity) What rule does the request make that qualifies it as cheating? I'm not trying to be smart or anything. dst usually has a good handle on the rules so I was curious for my own knowledge.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
It is the rule of "bribe". Ppl feel that if they go through with the vote, they will be included in CoE. Usually the bribes (even attempts) are punished heavily, but hey we are talking about MD not RL.

Good luck to all the rest of good requests.
Feel free to consider that the final choices are not influenced / bought.

Let me change the missused word "cheat" by "bribe" and quote Amoran's PM:

[quote name='Amoran.... PM' ]Bribe or not, it is an opportunity, and I will not discard such an opportunity.[/quote]
PS: there is no proof of her doing a felony, so do not punish her, she is "innocent " :)):)):))

For those unacquainted to the term:
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bribery"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bribery[/url]
or another random link : [url="http://www.cms-cmck.com/Hubbard.FileSystem/files/Publication/e3ca4c34-f31c-4e69-9ca9-01000b628b26/Presentation/PublicationAttachment/2e7a1cc4-22b6-4327-b4c0-0434b2ea7417/Anti-bribery%20and%20corruption%20laws%20guide.pdf"]http://www.cms-cmck.... laws guide.pdf[/url]

Edited by No one

[quote name='Tarquinus' timestamp='1358954654' post='131285']
[list=1]
[*][b]Peace - [/b]bottle of perfume w/ revival power
[*][b]Esmaralda - [/b]spell or item to activate night/summon moon
[*][b]Dark Demon - [/b]the Shadowblade
[*][b]Tal - [/b]item to bestow/remove Silvan Watch tag
[*][b]Miq - [/b]spell to reclaim TSB keys
[*][b]Pipstickz - [/b]ability to bestow spell doc page
[*][b]Phantom Orchid -[/b] chase spell
[*][b]Maebius -[/b] 1 WP
[*][b]Rumi -[/b] spell: weather - mild rain
[*][b]Shadowseeker -[/b] Crimson Cross amulet
[/list]
[i]Edited because I keep misspelling 'Esmaralda'. :huh:[/i]
[/quote]
'Campaigning' for a vote that your leader didnt mention in his top ten votes? Lol. I dont even know what to say.

Edit: Wait! I think i do know what to say.
Doesn't really help your cause if your leader does exactly opposite to what you are campaigning for

Edited by Nimrodel