Redacted

Fang Archbane

Love your enthusiasm Fang, problem is you'll get the same response from the counsel or Mur that we did, the reason he created the land cleanser and needle was to get the community to act against people like that, forget the tools inefficiency for doing the job because people can just move back to the space or whatnot, forget that the amount of people needed for that is never online at the same time, would be great if they were, that's what the summon tags are for but by the time you organize the offenders are probably sleeping. What would be nice is if they would just fix the collection system so that you couldn't collect below a certain amount without some sort of penalty on yourself. Good luck with that though.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]There was a tool created during the kings that jailed someone for two weeks. It only worked on the citizens of that land. There are also those who will tell you that they have the tools and will use them regardless because it is the function of the tool. That means you want to punish them for simply using a tool the way it was meant to be used.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]We've actually had an argument like this in the past. I'm not saying that what you're trying to do is hopeless. You should try to work out the full use of these "judgement tools" you speak of. Offer a completely thought out solution.[/font][/color]

i don't have time I have to play BHC so i'll simply enlighten you that Eon was the lapdog of no one not.the other way,I must also say how can a tool cast judgement that's completely ridiculous at least make it rare item. I also love not only MB but all lands equally so a way to prevent those would be great but do not want to be banned for a month cause I misclicked on a water resource.

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1360986209' post='132701']
Edit: and i dont want to punish them for using the tool, i dont give two hoots about that. i care that they dont respect the wishes of those that belong to and respect that land, thus, punishment will be issued. they either respect the land they are harvesting from, or all harvesting from that land for them will be halted. simplicty at its finest.
[/quote]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Yes, that is what happens. You punish someone with a tool for using a tool. You may not see it that way, but that's exactly what you're wanting to do. [/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Do I like depletion? No. But respect doesn't come like this. Respect is earned not forced.[/font][/color]

[u]Fang[/u] has already ruined this topic by posting it.

What I see is a way to combat depletion, perhaps a tool like the legislator items, but actually useful. Maybe removal from the land is harsh, perhaps it could be instead banning from harvesting in the locations they have offended in.

To keep them from the depleted resources for a month seems good, considering it could take around 1-2 weeks for them to regrow to a harvest-able amount. That would leave 2 or so weeks for regular harvesting. Then of course there is the possibility of people working together to destroy the resources inbetween bannings. Which could also make it better for people with the banning tools to decide when exactly after each depletion they want to ban the offender(s).

Edited by Mallos

Depletion is a tool that some use. No one has a reason for running his contest. I may not agree with it but he has proclaimed it as his current role and he is acting on it. I would like to see a game mechanic introduced that allows a player to "undo" depletion. I know that I would be quite willing to wander the paths of the forest and replant trees, splice branches or whatever that would allow resources to replenish more quickly.

Fang, you’re very emotionally attached to the resources of your land, and you want to give “all the people, and all the lands” the tools to prevent such resources from coming to harm.

From the response of those people who have spoken up on this topic, it seems that many people here are not interested in your suggestion.
[quote]I see it, and i have a goal. In all honesty, thats all that matters.[/quote]
If you’re serious about implementation, Fang, you could do worse than enlist others’ support.

[size=2][[Discussion of syntropy removed, probably to MD Archives]][/size]