Test Contest 2

MRAlyon

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=7][b]TEST CONTEST 2[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5][b]DATE[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]This contest starts on 25[sup]th[/sup] day of March at 21:00:00 server time.[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]FIGHTERS[/b][/font][/size][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]All MP level (except MP1, MP2, MP7, MP8) will be able to participate and will be able to attack each other. Minimum number of fighters accepted is 5 and maximum number is 20.[/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The group that will participate to this contest will be:[/font][/center][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]No Man's Land/Established Housings/Underground/MagicDuel Archives/Tribunal;[/font]
[/list]
[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]PROGRESS[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]In stage I at the start of the contest fighters will be summoned to MagicDuel Archives and they will be restricted to this land but when someone hits a score of 5k all fighters will be summoned to one of the participating lands and can only fight in that land. Stage I will finish when a fighter will hit 25k.
In stage II fighters will be able to score only Inside The Aramory and it will last 24 hours.[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]RULES[/b][/font][/size][/center][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]read the rules well, because when you sign up withdraws will not be accepted;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]outside helps isn’t allowed, so if I see someone that isn’t in the contest that helps a participant I will give you a chance to stop this or you will not participate in any of my contest (if you sign up I will kick you out so you will lose also the fee entrance);[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]if one helps you and this player doesn’t participate in the contest you need to PM me and I will try to speak with this player to explain the rules;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]don't drop alliance during the contest;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters are restricted to the land territory where they will be summoned, so if I teleport you in MDA you will stay inside its boundaries. Also places open only for some players aren't allowed, same thing for the access to locations gained with wishpoint and for the access to locations gained through story mode. If I see you in a place where you shouldn't be I will PM you why you are there and you will need to have serious proofs that isn't your fault. For example if a player that doesn't participate in the contest will teleport you out from the restricted land you will need to take a screen with trigger box (for see the teleport spell on you) and server time with the date and send it to me ([email="MRAlyon@yahoo.it"]MRAlyon@yahoo.it[/email]). If you get teleported out please PM me soon as possible, so I will summon all fighters in place. I accept screens from all players that see a fighter cheat, after I will decide what to do. I hope that who will not participate in the contest will not interfere;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]all sanctuaries place are accepted except for the ones that haven't got player list (voting citizenship places), because it will be impossible attack a player there;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]jumps to leader, teleport spells, summon aren't allowed;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters aren't allowed to use any kind of spells or items that will prevent other players to attack you during the contest, like ghost spell or cloak item;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]frog spell isn't allowed;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]all spells are accepted, except for the ones already listed;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters without creatures can’t participate, since they can’t be attacked by other fighters;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters aren’t allowed to use illusions, since they can’t be attacked by other fighters;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]dead fighters will be kicked out, if they will be dead again when contest will start;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]don't use bugs for cheat and if you find bugs related to BHC please email to [email="bugs@magicduel.com"]bugs@magicduel.com[/email] with all screens etc for solve it;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]you can pass heads to another fighter writing this in Live Chat: *gives (amount of heads) heads
to (playername)* for specific amount of heads, instead for give all your heads you should use
*gives all heads to (playername)*;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]DON'T CHEAT or I could decide to don't let you participate anymore in my contests;[/font]
[/list]
[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]SIGN UP[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][url="http://magicduel.com/sitegizmo/bosscontest_signup.php"]http://magicduel.com...test_signup.php[/url] [/b][/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]TAX[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]For participate to this contest every fighter will pay 3 silvers.[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]NUMBER OF WINNERS[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]1[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]STATS/VE/TOKENS[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Active[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]REWARDS[/b][/font][/size][/center][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Attack 100 ;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Defence 100;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Initiative 50;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]GG Drach;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]5 gold to land of [/font]the winner (if treasury land will get implemeted, if not the reward will be given to the winner of the contest).
[/list]

Edited by MRAlyon

• Root Admin

As commented in the previous one, it is a better idea to send bugs to bugs@md, instead of deciding yourself if its a bug, due to the more limited experiance you have with bugs and the fact that the land rules superseed any for contests and others, stating that you need to email bugs.

Really you should change your rules so they dont contradict the official rules and confuse people

I'm not familiar with BHC, but i do have some questions.

Why not allow players not participating to help the participants ? I had the idea that cooperations always took place and it never had to do anything with participations or not ....

First, through my experience in HC if a player doesn't have creatures to defend with, he/she loses their head anyway. So , what's exactly the point of not allowing fighters without creatures to participate ?(if things work the same with BHC, which i assume they do) (same goes for illusions and frog spell as well, on the same way why not ban mirrorritual spell as well then and only frog ? )

Jump to leader, teleport spells and summon spells are not allowed ? May i ask why is that if they don't brake any of the other rules mentioned ? What's the reason not allowing those specific spells/abilities ?

[quote name='stavaroiu' timestamp='1362702928' post='133600']
Just want to point out that this Test Contest overlaps with Day of Fear where a considerable amount of ppl already signed up for.

For those that would like to participate in both contests it will be like forcing them to pick one contest over the other.
[/quote]

agree

day of fear will be the 13th day, instead my contest will the the 14th day.... day of fear will not finish the 13th? or will start on 13th day? if so I will change date of my contest

@vall... player that didn't sign up can't help the partecipants because there is the entrance fee for something... partecipants to the contest can work togheter for let win one of them...
after for now rues will stay s... if I see problems with them I will change them again for next contests...

@no one... I'm doing anothr contest now because the group of lands that partecipate are different if you saw it... after this contest maybe I will do this every 2 months or more...

[quote name='MRAlyon' timestamp='1362724477' post='133615']
day of fear will be the 13th day, instead my contest will the the 14th day.... day of fear will not finish the 13th? or will start on 13th day? if so I will change date of my contest
[/quote]

If i'm not mistaken Day of Fear will actually last for a week, if Seigheart could pls comment it would be helpful

[quote name='MRAlyon' timestamp='1362724477' post='133615']
@vall... player that didn't sign up can't help the partecipants because there is the entrance fee for something... partecipants to the contest can work togheter for let win one of them...
after for now rues will stay s... if I see problems with them I will change them again for next contests...
[/quote]

The entrance fee is for a chance to try and win the contest, i still fail to see what it has to do with others cooperating.
As for the other rules, yeah, if you see problems you will change them, but what i'm trying is to see the reason for those rules. Is there any specific reason for having them in the first place ?

Yes but you still haven't answered why.

You did all the feedback from the previous test contest via pm, so the rest of the community isn't aware of the issues that may have been raised from the participants (or maybe it's just me that i'm not aware of the issues raised)

What were the arguments the participants of the first test gave that persuaded you to add this rules ? Or other reasons that you thought that would support those rules ?

My contest does last for a week.

And will not require 100% of the time during the week. So it is completely possible for someone to participate in both, however, it is unwise due to the nature of the BHC, and the fact that you WILL loose something if you sign up for the Day of Fear, and fail.

Good day.

I see no problem with outside people interfering Unless they can take heads.Here is what happened:

Rhaegar helped Clock Master with various stoppage-locks..Burns was helping Nim in Golemus.Tal got my heads by mistake(bug) without being in the contest
(returned them like a boss).Some random guy movelocked me....what whas I saying?..I think it's not good sense to rule people out from BHC

More data shows outside people won't cause any problems.Jaden helped me with few mirrors:S

Edited by ignnus

That's exactly why i've been asking for MRAlyon's reasons for applying those rules, cause i'm trying to understand what problems have been caused.

I agree with you ignnus, i see no problem allowing outsiders to affect participants in various ways (as long as they don't brake other rules, such as for example to teleport participants outside from the currently active land) Getting heads should indeed not be allowed (except of if HC and BHC runs at the same time, which has always been a way to "trade" heads between 2 contests).

P.S. *Whistles innocently* Shame on that random guy that tried to movelock you ....... If you see him, give him a hug :P

as I already told you if you want partecipate and help someone you need to sign up... because you need to prepare yourself to the contest before the start of it not during the contest buying continually stone, cups of tea etc... so if you will start the cntest with 5 cups of tea you will have to use only these 5 cups and not more... if a player give items to you and you will not tell me this I will ban from partecipation all 2 players... and if you get an item you need to gie it back and tell me who send it to you so I will ask gently to other player to don't interfere during contest because if he want partecipate to it he could have signed up before...
example:
if I ask you... would yu want play a game with other 2 person? you answer no.... while we are playing you interfere in the game helping one of the player... this isn't correct... I asked you to play a game not to help one of us...

date of the contest changed so there will not be probems with other contests...

Edited by MRAlyon

Hhhmmm, by help i only thought you meant the use of spells in ones favor (which was an assumption on my part, obviously wrong from you last post) . Maybe it would be a good idea to define better what "help" means, just to avoid confusions (and bad assumptions like the one i did)

Even though i still get the feeling that by not allowing others to "affect" the contest you pretty much remove a nice random element that could make BHC more fun (just my point of view of course). But i can see that you have something specific in mind by applying that rule (to force people to organize prior to the contest, i guess in an attempt to make it more challenging). And (at least for as long as i'm in the realm) it was never run like that, so giving it a try would show if it actually has the results you expect.

What about the other rules i mentioned ? Would you mind explaining the reasons behind those decisions as well pls ?

[quote]as I already told you if you want partecipate and help someone you need to sign up... because you need to prepare yourself to the contest before the start of it not during the contest buying continually stone, cups of tea etc... so if you will start the cntest with 5 cups of tea you will have to use only these 5 cups and not more... if a player give items to you and you will not tell me this I will ban from partecipation all 2 players... and if you get an item you need to gie it back and tell me who send it to you so I will ask gently to other player to don't interfere during contest because if he want partecipate to it he could have signed up before...[/quote]
One can always buy everything before the contest how does this makes sense?I think you are the wrong choice for the BHM.

[quote name='Valldore Nal' timestamp='1362700680' post='133598']
First, through my experience in HC if a player doesn't have creatures to defend with, he/she loses their head anyway. So , what's exactly the point of not allowing fighters without creatures to participate ?(if things work the same with BHC, which i assume they do) (same goes for illusions and frog spell as well, on the same way why not ban mirrorritual spell as well then and only frog ? )

Jump to leader, teleport spells and summon spells are not allowed ? May i ask why is that if they don't brake any of the other rules mentioned ? What's the reason not allowing those specific spells/abilities ?
[/quote]

I was actually referring to those, i got your idea about the external help, i may not agree with it, but it's pretty much your choice. What i'm doing here is trying to understand the reasons for choosing to apply these rules. (not all ofc, just the ones i fail to see a valid argument for being implemented)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't normally side with Alyon, as our points of view are almost always too different.

But I do side with logic.

1) you decided to join
2) Alyon already said no refunds once the contest starts
3) you died due to your own actions

I feel the bottom line is pretty clear.

Sorry Sippy Cup, close (not really), but no cigar

Edited by Fang Archbane