Reputation - Like Buttons

Chewett

if i am login, i only see an button "like this"

if i am logout, i see if some did like the post but cant push an "like this" button as i am not login

and i remark also that if i am log out and see who as like an post its if ther are many like votes seeing onlly the 3 to 4 first

ex.  see that written    "Peace, Phantom Orchid, Neno Veliki and 5 others like this"

I dont know if its what you wanted to do Chewett

Edited by Tom Pouce

I think I prefer the +/- system but I do think that people should be accountable for the reputation they are giving others so making it public is a good thing.

If it were changed back but not made public then I would suggest putting in a counter to state that the rep score is made up of # votes. I personally don't really care about the post's score but would rather see how many people thought that a post was worth repping up or down.  If it is -2 but only 2 people voted on it then it's not really a worry.  If it's -2 and 20 people voted then I know that the post is worth looking at because a lot of people felt it was worth repping. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather see that one of my posts was repped 9 times rather than seeing a post was +1.

If a person can be enought civilized to accept that people are different and that everyone isn't a 100$ bill to be liked by everyone then he should obviously never post, speak or even communicate...

Hence I would love to see who voted against me and in favor of me (would be cool to have old system back with that "mod" feauture added to everybody...

While I personally think like that... Not everybody is that open hence poor Chew is like between many walls. Go Wookie go, keep up experimenting :P

As it is now, that one need to be log off to see the rating i find it ackward

so i dont like that

since i wont bother except to look if an special posting as rating

its like that rating dont exist anymore for me, i look the forum login ... so i dont see any rating

and that way i am really not thinking to rate things ... well maybe some exceptionnal posting would warrant me to look at rating and then switch back to login and rate

so i in general dont like how its made now

reading forum twice , its not fun ...

either make no rating at all, or make it one see rating and can vote login thats my suggestion

Edited by Tom Pouce

Udgard, I've wondered that too, and resolved the issue by attempting to vote as if I couldn't see the rep of the post in question. The effectiveness of this strategy increases with the transparency of the reputation system (see below).

--

Might a poll help decide this? Something along the lines of:

1) Pick the option you most prefer. Transparent means everyone can see how everyone votes, opaque means only you can see how you voted. The current system is translucent: you can view who likes what, but it's a hassle to do so unless you're a moderator.

• "Like" system, transparent
  • "Like" system, translucent (current)
  • "Like" system, opaque
  • +/- rep system, transparent
  • +/- rep system, opaque (previous)
  • +/- rep system with +reps transparent and -reps opaque
  • +/- rep system with +reps opaque and -reps transparent (Rhaegar's suggestion)
  • no rep at all

2) Select your second most preferred option.

[list as above]

3) Select your least favorite option.

[list again]

4) Select your second least favorite option.

[guess what goes here]

Or it could be third favorite instead of second least favorite or whatever other changes seem appropriate.

Vote for whether you'd like a poll by +/- repping this post (à la last year's development focus) -- ah wait, no, we can't do that using this system. Hm.

• 1 month later...