Free Magistra

Chewett

• Root Admin
Free Magistra.

Why? She has not apologised, she claims she cannot since i have ignored her ingame pms even though there are many ways to contact me. I will not remove her from my ignore list.

She has hurt me, i wished she never accused me of doing something i did not do, but i was the one to encourage her to report what was troubling her, so it is partially my fault.

The logs show nothing happened to her account, no one has been on it, nor does the server show anything in the logs about it happening.

So why free her if she has not apologised?

Jailing her does not make it better, it cannot remove what has happened, it does not help the pain. All it does is try and stop this happening again.

Having seen the community react to her, this is punishment enough. MD is a great game, but sometimes you guys on the forum are the most offensive and horrible people i have met, but also some of the people that i value knowing the most, and am happy to call friends. I am not singling out anyone, or blaming anyone, i know im rude and offensive sometimes, and have lost friends in being so. If the forums did not contain our history, i would delete it and ban everyone, But it is part of our history, our legacy.

Free Magistra.

Give her a chance, see what she does, Then judge her as you see fit. She has the opportunity to apologise sincerely, the opportunity to make amends, to do something amazing here. Or she can do nothing. But know this if this chance is granted, The community will be watching you Magistra.

Free her, give her a second chance, and see what she does with it. Because sometimes, you guys stone someone for making a mistake, someone who could be great.

Mur gave me a chance to do many things for MD, from being a mod to now coding for the game. We as a community should give Magistra a chance.

Free Magistra!

Well since you're calling for it as well, Chewett.. I agree that Magistra should be freed. This definitely could have been handled better by everyone involved--myself especially.

Really, this should have been dealt with by Mur and Magistra in private. Others might disagree, but I'd much rather only hear accusations about myself if they've been proven to hold some weight. Chewett looking for proof of what he was accused of doing was pointlessly hurtful to him. After realizing the nature of the accusations and who was being accused in all of this, I should have encouraged Magistra to keep this private and to keep this between her and Mur. Sorry Chewett, Magistra, Mur, and others.

What's done is done. If Mur was the only one spending time investigating this (how it should have gone), then he would be justified in jailing Magistra for wasting his time. However, Chewett has spend a ton of time investigating this too, and while this whole mess may have hurt Mur emotionally a lot, I'm betting that it hurt Chewett a lot more. Thus, if Chewett wants Magistra to be freed, Magistra should be freed.

Edited by Change

You are proving yourself the bigger person in this, Chewett.  If things work out to her release, I hope she takes the opportunity to make a positive change in her interactions with you.

• Root Admin

Her Crimes:

For wasting my time - Mur can consider the last two announcements and related coding to them as payment for this.
trying to taint the name of veteran players with made-up abusive events - Only relates to rophs, vertu and myself.
for false accusations of a particularly severe type - Only relates to rophs, vertu and myself.

So if mur accepts that i have paid him back in Magistra's stead, and vertu and rophs also do not wish to "press charges" then she should be freed no?

Her Crimes:For wasting my time - Mur can consider the last two announcements and related coding to them as payment for this.trying to taint the name of veteran players with made-up abusive events - Only relates to rophs, vertu and myself.for false accusations of a particularly severe type - Only relates to rophs, vertu and myself.So if mur accepts that i have paid him back in Magistra's stead, and vertu and rophs also do not wish to "press charges" then she should be freed no?

Wish it were that simple. Today it's you she's accusing, tommorow she might accuse me of attempting murder? The problem here wasn't her punishment. The problem here was her failing to understand the seriousness of the accusation and even more her clear lack of semblance to even a tiny hint of remorse. She fails to show humility or any kind of regret for her actions. You might be able to forgive her. But i wouldn't want to be in a similar situation any time in the future. I am against her going free.

I very humbly thank Chewett for his posts. Seems like he is one of the very few in MD with a heart.

Like I told you people a hundred times: I did not want to accuse him, but at that time he seemed the only one with both the skills and a motive. I do know I was wrong now. I do not believe it was him anymore and I am very sorry that I accused him wrongly.

I don't need time to cool down. I feel lousy because of all this, but as Magistra will be tainted forever, I don't know what is best. Maybe I should just leave the game, to stop this witch-hunt.

I am sorry Chewett. This was certainly not my intention. I never wished you any harm. I hope you know that. You may find me rude sometimes, but I have never been a liar.

• Root Admin

Wish it were that simple. Today it's you she's accusing, tommorow she might accuse me of attempting murder? The problem here wasn't her punishment. The problem here was her failing to understand the seriousness of the accusation and even more her clear lack of semblance to even a tiny hint of remorse. She fails to show humility or any kind of regret for her actions. You might be able to forgive her. But i wouldn't want to be in a similar situation any time in the future. I am against her going free.

Fool me once, Shame on you, Fool me twice, Shame on me

Everyone deserves a second chance, letting her spend a day, or a month in jail at this point will not make her learn her lesson any more or less i feel. If she does something like this again, i will not be there to suggest she is freed, and will even go as far to cite this issue, stating she has not changed, or learnt from this.

I believe she has changed, and that we should let her move on. I certainly dont want to drag out the issue anymore. And if im wrong, you can come say you told me so, but in my eyes, she has wronged rophs, vertu and me. So surely we should get a say in her punishment?

And if im wrong? she will likely to go jail for a lot longer, and on the even bigger plus side, you can say "i told you so"

Until Rophs and Vertu post their opinions here, i cannot go any further, In discussion with Mur he was open to the idea provided we all felt jail was wrong and you should be freed.

Rophs told me that he is on vacation (22 June). I doubt that he will (and/or be able to) post his opinion here anytime soon.

Having Jester taken over and humiliated is the worst thing I can imagine happening to me in MD. Magistra has suffered greatly here as well.

Having said that, people posting opinions back and forth can't resolve this, so here is my take on what Magistra should do before even being considered for release:

1. Apoligize to Chewett publicly, including WHY she's apoligizing, not just saying sorry.

2. Stating what she is going to do with her time if she's not stuck in jail that would make it worth letting her out.

If those two things are adequately accomplished the people involved in the situation could review them and make a decision. This will be my last post on the issue.

Edited by Jester

Sorry I have not made a post here, I thought my post on the other topic was sufficient. I also did not feel that jail time was the correct course to take. I think that she should try to rekindle the bridge between Chewett and herself that has been extinguished. Try to become friendly towards each other, but alas, I feel that this is probably impossible now. I just want everyone to be happy and I want all of this to be done and over with. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about it that it is giving me headaches everytime it is brought up.

If Chewett wants her out and to give her a second chance and he was the one most hurt by all of this, then I feel it is not mine nor rophs place to dissagree.

I would really like to thank the people here for their kindness, Unfortunately it will not help Magistra. So she has died and will not be seen again,

What do I have to do more?

It's not about what you have to do now.

It's about what you choose to do.

You can revive Magistra giving her chance for fresh start, you can create different alt, with different approach/abilities/style, or you can take a break from MD.

As one fine song said "yes, there are two [or more] paths you can go by, but in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on"...

No one asked you to kill magistra. It was infact asked of you to live. If magistra was not wanted to be seen anymore, an simple ban would've sufficed. Mur didnt ban you did he? I suggest you bring her back. Hayaku moddetekudasai!