Land Leader of MDA

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

I will select a land leader to rule the Archive Lands.

You are all invited in a first stage to claim this position, stating why you should receive it and what your intentions are. Also, the Title of this position will not be "King". It will have similar abilities and responsabilities, it will just not be named King/Queen. You are requested to NAME this Title yourselves, give it a name and a short description. This will show me that you understand this position in the first place. I will not give further clarifications. Someone that will lead MDA needs to know this on their own.

In a second round I will ask evryone ELSE to show their support or their opposing to the people that want this position. In a couple of (not so many) days, i will stop the first round and start the second round. This topic will be used for both. At any point during the second round anyone else can still claim this position in the last minute.

Answering fast to this shows that you are active, if you don't see this post in time then you are not suitable for a land leader position of the MDA. I leave the possibility open that someone applies last minute because at the end of this I don't wan't anyone excluded due to stupid organizatoric reasons, other than the overall duration of the entire "event", but applying later (during second round), will have certain disadvantages so to speak.

----

This will not be a vote. The decision will be personal. I just need all of you to help me decide. 

I am looking for that perfectly suited leader to deserve this title. A person that is able to understand what MDA is all about, that can communicate well, has a stainless reputation and most will respect. If anyone has anything to say against one or the other candidate, please say so NOW, or at least show your disapproval, otherwise later on, the leader will have full power of the land citizens and can consider any hostility punishable.

----

If you do not agree that MDA should have a leader, please use also this topic, i will consider your reasons too.This might change my views on how this leader title will be named, but not if there will be a leader or not.

The title name is very very important and will bring those small but significant details that will change the way MDA will be ruled, and by that it will significantly influence my decision, so think twice before stating your own desired title. People that have no claims over this position please do not give a suggestion of how this title should be named.

Good luck

ps: I WILL MARK RED THE ENTRIES ACCEPTED IN THE 'COMPETITION'

Edited by Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

================

So, After very little thinking I shall nominate someone for land leader. Me.

I dont have time to do this, am arrogant, horrible, offensive, busy, not a member of mda. But with all these qualities I am still a better candidate than some inactive vet that will be prodded on yim by a more active player to suddenly appear and "rule" the land. And then Mur will go "Oh look, This dude is in MDA, Lets appoint him" because Mur hasnt been around lately to know that they also have been entirely inactive.

Personally I feel we have a real issue of players coming back after being gone a long time and then coming back and assuming nothing has changed and therefore they are still qualified. I personally spent an hour chasing a "bug" because a LHO that grido didnt demote came back and was telling people stuff that had changed months ago.

I love seeing people come back more than anyone else because you guys are my friends, But just spend a couple months catching up on things, reading the announcements you missed (this is crucial) and actually talking to people about what has changed rather than just appearing for shiny things.

==end rant==

• Root Admin

that is a reality that i know, and its very sad indeed. I tried to call them fossils, but what you describe is worse, at least fossils where legends at some point.

The situation with mda is "simple" ... either it will get organized, or it will be exterminated...cleansed 

As always (almost), you are doubting my judgment ..so..here is a short explenation of some aspects you didn't see (yet). A leadership position means responsability. In md, a leadership position either brings back to life or kills. Of course this is a weird effect for a necrovian ..but in mda it will work juuuust fine. Plus, there are certain things, like the titles, that will depend on such a central position, even in mda. A fossil could be good for mda,..mda is a land where i do not want many changes to happen, i want stability most of all. endurance.

ANYONE can apply for this position, not just citizens of mda..just to make that clear.

I will not consider your entry Chew, obviously...just to make that clear to those that will not understand your point of view

This topic is not announced , but will be, at some point. Being informed, reading the forums, is part of what a true archivist should do.

I'm not sure if there is a suitable leader for the Archive Lands at this time.  (Or is Kyphis around? He would be a suitable candidate.)  But the Archive lands are dear to my heart, and I fear what would happen to them in the hands of someone inept; this is my claim to leadership:

As "Chancellor of the MagicDuel Archives"* I will work towards the following goals:

• Setting directives for the Archivists
  • A census of those who consider themselves citizens of the MDA
  • A restructuring of http://md-archives.com/ (I realize Inno has started a project related to this, but ze lacks the technical skills to pull it off)
  • Reviving the directive of the legend speakers (if not the guild)
  • Creating better systems and tools for recording happenings of note
  • Taking those notes and creating more context and critical discourse around them

* The title Chancellor describes a figure of great power, often meaning the head of state, but also has been used in ecclesiastical and educational contexts.  I think this title indicates the power to direct future endeavors through setting policy as well as respect for traditions and history.

• Root Admin

You mentioned Kyphis, i think he announced he doesn't have internet for a couple of days. thats a valid excuse and he is a valid candidate, same as Ivorak if he wishes such a position and if he proves to understand the position. I might wait a bit more to see who reads the forum..as i said ..thats a very important part of the role

• Root Admin
  • A restructuring of http://md-archives.com/ (I realize Inno has started a project related to this, but ze lacks the technical skills to pull it off)

Inno's project is being run by me, If you wish to aid you can come talk to me.

As always (almost), you are doubting my judgment

I will always doubt it. I will always provide you an alternate view (regardless if I believe it or not), because sometimes thats exactly what you need rather than a hundred people sucking up to you, Why? Because I am your friend and care for MD as much, if not more, than you do. I hope you understand this Mur.

• Root Admin

Chew, i might reply slightly angry but i always appreciate your feedback, and i need and use your feedback, as you already know. I just have a slight problem with the aggressiveness of the way you put it sometimes. Someone who "sucks up to me" will never get such a role anyway...but i will also not deny such a role to people that worked close to me (both people named above), that will be equally stupid to accepting incompetent people as land leaders.

Like anyone else i have my own issues at times, seeing people that doubt my actions at every step is one of the things that shift me off the edge very easy. Advice is welcome, and in your case i try to see it as such. Coming from anyone else, your reply would have been not an advice but a random aggression.

I'd like to nominate darkraptor for the 'king' position.From what I can see, he has been most faithful to MDA over the past year and is actually a part of it. He is the leader of the Dimentional shifters, a sensible person, a loyal person, he is humble person, loved by all, active people, one of the strongest fighters in the realm, honest, generous, kind, incredible quest creator and while he may not sing songs, or write poetry, he is capable of growing tremondously in a short time. Hell he learnt how to draw from scratch just so that he could create his own pictures for his quests. I am not at all exxagerating when I am saying all that. I am sure many people will testify to this. While you say you want the people to see the post, you do not consider the possibility of them being away for some reason. Unless Darkraptor doesnt want to take up this post, I see him as a worthy candidate. I am trying to 'reserve' the spot here because if,for,some bs reason he doesnt see this post, he is still elligible.

I'm not a archivist as you all know, yet i'm active and i have what is needed to rule the archives, so

This is my claim for the leadership of MagicDuel Archives.

I shall be "Regent of the Archives"

These are my intentions:
  Work with the archivists and make all the necessary deligences to assure they have all the needed tools.
  Keep good diplomatic relations with the other land's and always be available to talk with their leaders.
  Defend the land and the citizens. Diplomacy will always be the first approach.
  Work with citizens to have more quests and events in MDA. Make MDA a place you MUST visit!
  Listen to the citizens and their hopes for the land.
  Assure fairness and impartiality of judgment when necessary.

since it's a free for all i'll give it a shot :D

i would name myself "Keeper of Chronicles". I'm active (again), i spend a lot of time checking the forums and even though i have no experience running a land i'm a smart enough person to get a hang of it quickly.

p.s. i don't expect to win this, just thought it'd be more fun with more entrys :)

i wil consider only entries posted by the potential future leaders themselves.
i marked in red the only valid entry so far,  waiting for more

Yeah.. Why isnt darkraptor's entry valid? He did apply for the post. And is one of the most popular candidates till now.

I dislike this idea, because you want MDA to have leader, so it must happen right now. And why are you the one that gets to choose the king/ queen of MDA? It's not like the land can't do this on it's own. LR and MB has done it on their own, and it all went fine. Maybe MDA isn't that active anymore, isn't it better to start talking to members of the land, and ask them what they think: what would be the best for their land? It seems like you want to create another Mur land to me.

• Root Admin

i missed out darkraptors post when i posted and only saw it now, its red and shiny now. We have two candidtes so far.

All the questions and discussions about mda are things you should be able to discuss with the land leader...oh wait, there is none yet! 

The way tags/titles/roles/abilities will be given out will be as discussed in the other topic, and for that to happen we need leaders for almost all the lands. That way, the roles that go in such a land will not be given by random authorities but by someone that will centralize all the things going on in that land, a land leader.

I denied powle's entry, I am not aware of anything memorable you did so far in the realm, i didn't checked your active days but for my fossil eyes you are either new or not with a big enough reputation to claim such a position.

I WILL ONLY MARK THE CANDIDATES THAT I WILL CONSIDER SELECTING Other eligible people might get denied from the start if i find a reason why not to pick them.

so far Ivorak and darkraptor

i will keep this post unannounced for a bit longer

And if MDA needs a land leader to give titles to the land, then one must assume that the land is very active or atleast active enough to have a king/ leader. So you want a king for a land, that isn't active enough to decide who their king will be. I see no reason in getting a king this way for giving titles to the citizens of the land.

And if MDA needs a land leader to give titles to the land, then one must assume that the land is very active or atleast active enough to have a king/ leader. So you want a king for a land, that isn't active enough to decide who their king will be. I see no reason in getting a king this way for giving titles to the citizens of the land.

oh please. Dont you see the al working? Dont you see darky create quests everyday? Have you never fought him or gained a win from him? Think kyphis does nothing? Never seen valldore fight or participate in quests? I could say the same about any land as a matter of fact. Lack of people is a general issue. Not just related to mda. And who knows. The flow of population might go to mda at some period of time because mda loyalty is quite useful when it comes to land locked areas. Also, i think mda getting a king will be important because he might get the ability to grant citizenship. Or atleast i hope so. Its time the,smaller lands got that.

I would like to give my support to Chewett, but I will not.

Chew, do you really think you have the time to operate this land on top of everything else you do? I don't think so. A title is good and all, but you're the Code Guardian,

for ever and always. That and you're heavily involved(or were, politics sheesh, can never keep tabs) with MB.