cool down for spells

Chewett

• Root Admin

Ann. 3174 - [2014-11-05 01:47:41 - Stage 12] - Permalink - Posted By Muratus del Mur
Cooldown for spells & DD quest
Regarding the recent disrupted quest incident, i've reached a decision. Dark Demon's labyrinth quest will be held again, officially supported and sponsored by myself. In addition, teleport and other powerful spells will have a long cooldown time. In this way, anyone using such spells will have to think twice on what they will be consumed and also a group of people will be able to overcome the spell effects if they work together. Nobody should be punished in this case, simply because personal spells can and will always be used freely (unless they are given strictly for administrative purposes or limited specifically by role). Whatever other aspects need to be dealt with in this situation, i believe they can be solved by social means, cooperative gameplay and such. Discuss this on forum if you have complains (either side).

I disagree as I told you in our emails.

DD is getting favourite treatment like fang.

Dst is not getting dealt with for harassing people but I see why it isn't. The old mur ruling is poor IMO

This solution doesnt look like a social solution proposed by the council, but rather a forced one. I take it as a lack of faith in the community as such.

DD could get Chew's support even first time, if he wanted it, but let's just hope it works better with the guard.

For the future he (and everyone else) will have to learn conducting quests under existing circumstances and plan the quest better rather than make so much ado about nothing afterwards.

I remember myself organizing quests and events in PC times, making tons of mistakes out of lack of thought and experience making quests, but at least I had a gut to admit that I have to work on myself, and think it over better next time. I do hope this will be the paradigm for the future questors and not what just happened past few days. That was embarassing to observe.

Oh and one one thing to think about> Eon came during lashtals first lecture of fear casting silvertongues, trying to bother everything. Anyone of you, not present there, heard about it? Anyone got upset or frustrated? The lecture was held, the sequence followed. Everyone's happy.

I never asked for this, Eara.

I wanted and still want what Chew said ---> same treatment as all other questmakers; same safeguarding as all other questmakers, and a proper "punishment" (I'm being forced to use this word as I cannot think of any other) for those who had crossed their line way back but are now making it apparent and also being arrogant about it.

Such a thing may even backfire badly because my quest may not be up to such high standards.

Edit: And this is putting me in a tense pressure situation and not allowing me to focus on my role and do things simultaneously in an efficient way at my leisure.

Edited by DARK DEMON

[spoiler]

[font=comic sans ms']I never asked for this, Eara.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms']I wanted and still want what Chew said ---> same treatment as all other questmakers; same safeguarding as all other questmakers, and a proper "punishment" (I'm being forced to use this word as I cannot think of any other) for those who had crossed their line way back but are now making it apparent and also being arrogant about it.[/font]
[font=comic sans ms']_________________________________________________________[/font]

[font=comic sans ms']Such a thing may even backfire badly because my quest may not be up to such high standards.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms']Edit: And this is putting me in a tense pressure situation and not allowing me to focus on my role and do things simultaneously in an efficient way at my leisure. [/font]

[/spoiler]
very very nice DD.
You've been told so many times that this is wrong .... to beg at mur. Now you did it.

Unfortunatelly for you DD, from now on you will need Mur's supervision and/or a god account to run your quests or to run your quest in secret. Or somehow mur will give access to the BHC interface ... yea god powers.
This is not a threat but my personal goal.

Thank you DD for giving me a new goal
-------------------
Mur, you wanted social solutions ... you found it: stop the beggers.

So just because one complained cause one of his quests didn't go well, everybody else suffers is punished. And for the record: I used ONE (1) spell and Eon used 3 teleport spells. Spells I got through fair means. But because I am dst and because you Mur think DD as the new fang you did what I have always told you NOT to: listened to only one side of the story. The e-mail you sent me had a nasty tone and you didn't even asked what happened. You accused me of "experimenting" on people with my spells and that's it.NEVER replied back. Congratz! Your judgement is flawless!!! And congratz for your newly acquired fang (under the name of dd).

Edited by dst

[spoiler][/spoiler]
very very nice DD.
You've been told so many times that this is wrong .... to beg at mur. Now you did it.

Unfortunatelly for you DD, from now on you will need Mur's supervision and/or a god account to run your quests or to run your quest in secret. Or somehow mur will give access to the BHC interface ... yea god powers.
This is not a threat but my personal goal.

Thank you DD for giving me a new goal
-------------------

Oh please, I never begged. I went to Mur to make a report. His decision is a huge shock to me.

Oh please, I never begged. I went to Mur to make a report. His decision is a huge shock to me.

Ok, It seems that I have to spell it to you.

I told you before that you lack good judgment, I have given you advices (asked by you by PM or on forum) and many others told you things. But you think you know better.

Grow up.

There is this expression that perfectly fits what you did: lack of good judgment : MORON.

[spoiler]

moron

[mawr-on, mohr-]
noun
1. Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:
I wonder why they elected that narrow-minded moron to Congress.
2.Psychology. (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

Word Origin and History for moron

n.

1910, medical Latin, from Greek (Attic) moron, neuter of moros "foolish, dull, sluggish, stupid," probably cognate with Sanskrit murah "idiotic." Latin morus "foolish" is a loan-word from Greek. Adopted by the American Association for the Study of the Feeble-minded with a technical definition "adult with a mental age between 8 and 12;" used as an insult since 1922 and subsequently dropped from technical use. Linnæus had introduced morisis "idiocy."

moron in Medicine

moron mo·ron (môr'ŏn')
n.
A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

[/spoiler]

When does going to mur does not imply begging ? Show us the full emails you said you sent to the Council (that you pissed on when you went to mur) , show us the full emails that you sent to mur when you "didn't beg".

This post should not be edited by mods.

Edited by No one

And why go to Mur? You already went to Council and got an announcement about which you seemed very pleased. Or weren't you and you wanted something more?

To report you :D

Ok, It seems that I have to spell it to you.

I told you before that you lack good judgment, I have given you advices (asked by you by PM or on forum) and many others told you things. But you think you know better.

Grow up.

There is this expression that perfectly fits what you did: lack of good judgment : MORON.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

When does going to mur does not imply begging ? Show us the full emails you said you sent to the Council (that you pissed on when you went to mur) , show us the full emails that you sent to mur when you "didn't beg".

This post should not be edited by mods.

No way am I gonna post 50+ emails with irrelevant personal talk and discussions in between.

• Root Admin

While Mur's action seems (externally) reasonable and sufficient, I and perhaps others would like to take Chewett up on his "last word" in the other topic and think about the situation more before drawing plans or conclusions.

Is there an expiration date on this discussion as well? Or was this just regarding the fight, not secondary fights?

Mur and I were discussing the issue and then he tells me that a decision needs to be made in two days, I pointed out the options and he declared that the only option was to impose these spell cooldowns. While I accept it is indeed on solution I would have preferred to wait and see what the community would have done, But this did not fit into his two day deadline. Thusly we got this decision.

A good question someone else raised, Why did DD special treatment when similar has happened to mya, windy before her, etc etc etc? Because DD talks to Mur and Mur gives him stuff. This problem is as old and the same as Fang, Leixer, Fenrir, MRWhateverhisnamewas etc...

Is this a cooldown for all displacement spells?

Is the cooldown shared between players?

Is there a cooldown for spells that do not displace?

Is there a cooldown for spells with a displacing effect and a nondisplacing effect?

It needs to be coded, im unwell atm so it might take a couple days.

Likely answers:

Yes

No

Not atm

yes

This is probably just like the token sacrifice stats experiment. Read: I know it isn't but vainly false-hope it is.

Its not.

He has a point here.

A good question someone else raised, Why did DD special treatment when similar has happened to mya, windy before her, etc etc etc? Because DD talks to Mur and Mur gives him stuff. This problem is as old and the same as Fang, Leixer, Fenrir, MRWhateverhisnamewas etc...

And I just keep repeating: I want this "special treatment" for every quest maker, not just me.

Mya was always the type of person who only tried to convince through words, and failed. I won't do the same.

I'm tired of seeing this being done to anyone. This stupid monopoly of power, and the arrogance and boldness that comes from nothing being done about it.

Edited by DARK DEMON

To report you :D

No way am I gonna post 50+ emails with irrelevant personal talk and discussions in between.

Awesome! I can't wait to be punished for something I haven't done wrong!

And what? Did Council just sent you to chase dead horses that you HAD to report me to Mur?

This stupid monopoly of power, and the arrogance and boldness that comes from nothing being done about it.

And you want a part of it and hate the ones that EARNED their powers IN GAME! Awesome! Thank you!

I agree with Chewett, DD should not have been singled out like this. Though I can appreciate the intention behind it, it has made him more of a target to others who do not like him personally and not really dealt with the underlying issue.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Eara's points. However, silvertongue is easy to ignore.. an MDer being teleported halfway across the realm when they have neither the AP nor the power to return quickly when they simply want to take part in a quest is not. Especially if the action is done repeatedly, for the simple amusement of the caster.

It would have been good to open it up to public debate but I suspect that would have descended into the childish bickering we can see on the current thread.

• Root Admin

Putting a cooldown on spells is not "dedicated" to DD or to a certain type of spells either. It is aimed to cooldown certain type of spellcasters.

Sooorrryyy for putting dd name in the anouncement, i only thought it fair to give a second chance to his quest. Since i won't punish people using their spells, that was the only thing i could do.

The truth is that if there wasn't for the massive hate for people that talk to me, dd would have gotten his citizenship a long time ago for other reasons (research discoveries) other than this sharade of things to do for the lab.

You want me to be active, yet you get all hysterical if i talk to anyone and think i offer favors...how cool is that... Then i shall remain active in a silent way and deal with everything in an impersonal way...even if my skill was to d stuff in a very personal way, but you miss to remember or discover that anymore.

As far as dd is concerned, i shall stop any discussion with him, just so. so dd pls don't write me anything, if you or anyone else has something to tell me, please do so in a public post.

Thanks