Jealousy

Pipstickz

This is both intended to explain to Mur how people feel about "favours" and to try to convince people not to feel that way. I feel qualified to explain the issue because I've felt the same jealousy, and I've mostly left it behind now.

Mur often gives "favours" to younger players who have involved themselves in the community, often vocally. In this, he is similar to a big business trying to fill a middle manager's position: As a big boss, you want the young, excited people who are full of energy and who will hopefully serve your company for years and years to come. Mur gets excited, thinking that this person could possibly change the face of MD permanently in a way that he couldn't himself, or that they'll solve a puzzle that he imbedded and probably forgot about. Generally what happens next is everybody else sees the "favour", gets angry, and pushes the person who received it to do less with it.

Seigheart - I am jealous of DD. Never thought I would say that... ever. lol 

This is in no way directed at Seig nor is it intended to villainize him, as it's really a natural thing to feel this jealousy and most if not all players here feel it or have felt it, but it's misguided. Seig is simply what triggered my memories of the same feeling.

When somebody gets a "favour", most of the time it seems to have been easily gained. In Lone Wolf's case, for example, he did almost nothing but show up to the public meeting where it was decided that he would get a memory stone collector. This is the first trigger of the jealous feeling, the idea that "I could have had that". The second trigger is the lack of openness surrounding the "favours". In Fang's case for example, I don't know why he became MP7, and I never asked. This is because often the recipients of the "favours" lack social skill or are difficult to talk to (Lone Wolf, DD, Seig, Fang, dst, and even Mur himself, all similar in this aspect), and so people who aren't connected to them somehow or haven't spoken with them in the past probably won't ask about anything when they actually want to know.

TLDR:

If you want to know about something, just ask someone. If you want to get something, work toward it. Sorry for being an idealist.

Edited by Pipstickz

Lone Wolf got the item for a very good reason (and so did the others that got items back then because there was a pattern). I had a hunch so I asked Mur and he confirmed. If Mur doesn't mind, I will share the reason.

I'm shocked that someone out there would be jealous of me.

I'm so tempted to speak out openly whatever I've done (because most of it is secretive; that center-research discovery is only the foundation of my work) but I can't. You all say that you want you know; you want to see proof, but believe me, the moment I speak out about what I do, you will say that I'm just bragging and what not.

I prefer to be scorned for apparently not doing something and getting favors.... rather than people knowing that I'm doing stuff and still being given the same **** handed to me. Only Mur knows what I do and still he hasn't given me a -single- thing yet, no reward, nothing... after weeks of work, but I don't mind because he actually found something in me that I like doing.

Now for the first time I realize that those who actually work hard here in MD get nothing compared to the work they do. Please don't be jealous; work hard instead. Scene editor access... database access... log access... it is more work, not reward...

Edited by DARK DEMON

What is this? A drama pervention thread? :rolleyes:

I am not jealous. I know others might be, but jealousy is better kept to one's self.

About the work. Well, MD needs work behind the scenes and it requires to be secretive.

I just hope that you can handle it DD. Be careful and good luck.

• Root Admin

this is a very good topic, Pip put it right. Also DD is right , i gave him A LOT of work to do -NO REWARD-. There will probably be a reward, but none promised, because it depends on him if he manages to do everything right till the end.

So many more know this quite well, rewards in here are in fact more responsability and more work...it sounds sad...but i am only giving people what they appear to enjoy doing anyway. I am trying to shape this community not just let it grow chaotically...and for that people judge me. (btw, dst please share reasons you talk about)

Also, think of this. Some of you know some of the reason for some of my "favors"..and you do realise others don't know them. So WHY is it so hard to believe and understand i have a reason for all that i do, but maybe you simply don't know it?

When it comes to md i have a good instinct, and i use it. I have nothing to gain by giving favors to anyone...so think of it, i must have a reason to do it if there is nothing that could corrupt me.

I do promote young energy and try to give more chances to people that appear to be more active, but i give high immunity to older players. This is a one time boost for new guys, to teach them how to fly. If they fall , its their problem. In fact, people that hunt my favors and look for things to blame, do more harm to md than me making one or the other person happy. You should try to be less jelous and think more from the perspective of the other person not just yours.

(speaking about latest "favors", DD will kick your ass when you will see what this "favor" was about. All of you vets worked so hard for your reputation and abilities, but you became blind now and don't see that other people work hard too, but are not always nice obedient puppets you wished them to be)

In the same day lone wolf (aranna included but he was imo a "collateral" ) and nadrolski were given some free stuff (check http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/1897 and http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/1899).

lone wolf and nadrolski were some of the biggest grinders in MD. By being given those stuff, Mur actually changed their "activity". Or at least he decreased it (since nadrolski hasn't stopped organizing GGG like trainings but at least he's quite busy with grinding water which doesn't bother too many at the extent his grinding was bothering).

Now, on topic: I was never jealous of things one got. Sometimes I was angry because people that didn't deserve them got them. And then they abused them. I don't think I need to give names. And I was RIGHT. Every time.

• Root Admin

Only Mur knows what I do and still he hasn't given me a -single- thing yet, no reward, nothing... after weeks of work, but I don't mind because he actually found something in me that I like doing.

I know what you have done, and what you are doing, and still disagree that you are the right person to do it, you havent grown up yet. Dont assume everyone who knows is happy with you. A lot more people know than you think.

Also calling out "Oh I would love to tell you but I cant" is bragging. You can say it nicely without overstressing it multiple times of "Oh I cant, sorry"

Mean reply. You should not read this.

[spoiler]

(speaking about latest "favors", DD will kick your ass when you will see what this "favor" was about. All of you vets worked so hard for your reputation and abilities, but you became blind now and don't see that other people work hard too, but are not always nice obedient puppets you wished them to be)

This is how I read it :

<<when you will see what this "favor" was about>>  --- wait and see what he received

<<you became blind now and don't see that other people work>> --- you should have access to my accounts to be able to see the otherwise hidden work they do

Don't worry Mur, if we can't convince one-another from the beginning, we have to trust time will sort out which was right.

*1) generic was intended -- who knows, Mur knows better

*2) someone should read Dst's signature / Decalogue

@Dst:

You need to be logged in MD to read those.

[/spoiler]

Edited by No one

Lol. Let me make something very cleat. Just because you or sieg or tom or dick or harry were jealous of x, y, z because they recieved favours from mur or anyone doesnt mean that everyone's feeling the same way. Whatever your theory regarding human behaviour might be, please dont generalise it. Not even those who conduct randomised trials on an international level make such generalised assumptions.

I know what you have done, and what you are doing, and still disagree that you are the right person to do it, you havent grown up yet. Dont assume everyone who knows is happy with you. A lot more people know than you think.

Also calling out "Oh I would love to tell you but I cant" is bragging. You can say it nicely without overstressing it multiple times of "Oh I cant, sorry"

I am working on my attitude.

And just like dst proved it to all of you, my attitude has nothing to do with the work I do anyway.

But I am trying nonetheless whether its apparent or not :)

this is a very good topic, Pip put it right. Also DD is right , i gave him A LOT of work to do -NO REWARD-. There will probably be a reward, but none promised, because it depends on him if he manages to do everything right till the end.

Why do you assume people are jealous only of rewards?

At one point in game, only content left is chat and watching numbers go up. Once player hits that endgame they are crying for work, any kind of it.

• Root Admin

1) first of all..i realized very well that this "favors" hysteria is basically fueled just by a couple of people, and not by the majority. I was somehow blinded by their influence ..but now i know better, this opinion is an isolated one, just very obsessively mediated. To those that have this obsession: LIVE WITH IT.

2) Chew, md has very clean code to deal with database and everything you need also without being logged in. email me if you have such questions. I am getting tired to see this drama perpetuating of what a mess md is code-wise. seriously, i had enough.

• Root Admin

2) Chew, md has very clean code to deal with database and everything you need also without being logged in. email me if you have such questions. I am getting tired to see this drama perpetuating of what a mess md is code-wise. seriously, i had enough.

It doesnt include the required files, which i'd rather not include and if I add them all in some of the pages designed to be fast will dramatically slow down, Its just a matter of importing the right files.

It doesnt have a way of doing it, you need to require() a load of files, which I will do when im free.

Here's my short analysis on rewards:

If you have downvotes and people say you are ( immature, annoying, doing things wrong, ect. ):

You get 1 reward, which is your chance to branch out and do something on your own. 

If you have upvotes and listen and speak well with others:

You get incremental rewards which you can use with some teamwork to do something more mainstream.

Not saying these are the only 2 options, but it seems like the general idea.

Wow. It's been so long since I was in a topic. :D 

I need to clarify about that MP post btw. I should have said I was envious. Jealousy is fear of having something taken away from you.

I am envious of his active role in MD. Not his gift/etc.

I actually miss being the TK Leader. Probably the only constructive role I ever had. And that is what I likened his role to.

Alas, I can't type too much in the MP from a phone, so that is why it was posted as it were.