ATPC (Average Trading Prices and Conversion)

I highly disagree with the numbers you have posted Sasha, yet again thats where I think the problem lies. The beauty of things is that depending on the amount of sellers there is to a specific creature sold is where the prices changes. Also characteristics, tokens, id preferences, all of these factors change from buyer to buyer. Which is why I disagree with you as I know I could probably sale or could Have sold some of these creatures for higher amounts. 

• Root Admin

So as not to mislead people, can you give references for all of your prices? I was not aware Anniversiary aramors have been sold recently, and I feel they are sorely undervalued, noting that there are only 70 in the game of the 7th ones, for example.

Prices first put up will be my current valuing for them based upon recent selling's.

Please feel free to comment any corrections or additions needed on the list. 

Why should we discuss YOUR valuing? Isn't it a bit redundant and quite frankly pointless?

Considering I will be buying large quantities of creatures rather soon, I don't think so. Why is discussing anyone's value pointless.

Perhaps mind your snake tongue and provide something constructive, or don't bother commenting. All I have seen so far are people say "this is not right", which is fine, yet no one has actually considered stating the average prices these creatures are sold around.

I'm one of those buyers and I find this helpful, it actually saves me quite a bit of time and clarity as well as freedom of choice. So "thanks" from me :)

Criticizing without giving alternate/better solutions has been a problem with a few members in this community for years, but then again, people have a right to speak up for something they don't like. If you personally don't want to see someone's comments, there's always the ignore button :)

P.S: I agree with Junior.

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

I am concerned this will end up as prices becoming "de facto" from people who have things to gain from it.

E.g. a lot of these prices are drastically wrong.

Also, can you put a basic credit trade value at the top and just show the units in GC. This will be easier.

I am concerned this will end up as prices becoming "de facto" from people who have things to gain from it.

E.g. a lot of these prices are drastically wrong.

Yes, this part I agree with.

A few of Sasha's listed values which I believe are wrong:

1) Soulweaver (last I recall, the "usual" price was 3gc)

2) Angien (always goes above 1gc in auctions)

3) Reindrach (not sure about this, but imo this was more expensive than GG, again, not sure, someone pls help+confirm)

4) Pimp (less than a silver, mostly given out for free nowadays)

Other things that influence rates are how desperate buyer is to get it and how desperate seller is to sell :P

Edited by DARK DEMON

I haven't been an active trader lately, so things could have quite possibly changed. But based on my previous knowledge these prices aren't very accurate. Of course, as stated above, prices vary according to buyer and seller. Collectors have different goals than grinders or newbs, for example. I realize these are guidelines, but prices tend to change drastically based on a number of factors and average prices are difficult to gauge. I mean to say that this may be a huger task than expected, not that you shouldn't try. Just be aware of other factors.

Max

I agree with people who are against this things. Market fluctuates and this sort of thing can only move it into trenches or take advantage over certain type of people as Chew pointed out.

If you are really serious about trading you make auction. That's the best way to gain max profit from it, regardless if you are buying or selling. It takes a bit of skill or experience but auction beats this sort of thing by miles.

What saddens me here is the amount of greed. The attitude of "These are wrong because I can get so much more for selling them."

Every creature will have a base value determined on demand and rarity. Prices only fluctuate due to the demand being greater for a person and the extras that creature has added to it (tokens,age, heat, etc).  What people don't seem to see is this was a topic that was supposed to evolve into figuring the very base value for each creature. 

This topic was supposed to evolve into a topic which newer players, or even just older players, that didn't know how much a creature was worth, could use to figure out a "reasonable" price for which they wished to tell or buy. An unbiased starting price based purely upon supply and demand; which is possible if only others forget about how they "might lose out" and think about how "it may help".

Sadly, as was also pointed out to me by another, others take delight in quickly pointing the finger and casting negative views and comments that have absolutely no constructive significance at all. I did not at any point expect someone to sell a creature for the bare minimum, of course keen traders and collectors will want to make a profit to continue on. I merely wanted to provide a starting point for those less confident.

Continue as you wish though, negative vote me until your heart is content, argue about how things are wrong (without providing an alternative and please, continue to point that finger and judge the person that has actually tried to do something of help. 

"Manifest plainness,

Embrace simplicity,

Reduce selfishness,

Have few desires."

~Lao Tzu

• Root Admin

The problem with MD (as I said in chat) is that many people have a similar thoughts, and sometimes feel it necessary to "agree" with others and overstate the point.

This can come down to more serious cases on the forum where large swathes of negativity are introduced due to the masses disagreeing with someone, and it going on a downward spiral.

It is obvious that MD is a community driven platform. After being here and observing how the people of this community are behaving, one has to ask himself if he or she wants to deal with this community at all. If at all one has to decide how this will look like. The positive in this is, everyone is free to stay or leave, sadly we have no choice in RL. The big learning experience of the last 4 years in this realm for me, was to deal with this. I´m glad I did stay and change myself without trying to change the community. I wish everyone else to find his/her way in here and outside of this virtual realm.

I wish all of you the best and a good start into the new year.