spells should only work when targetting online players

Rophs

See title

Example situations:

1. Cast on a player who is online - SUCCESS!
  2. Cast on a player who is logged off - FAILURE!
  3. Cast on a playwer who is online and a player who is logged off at the same time - FAILURE!

That is making an assumption that players character stops existing when logged out.  

I for one don't see it like that. After a time motionless you become basically invisible but when casting a spell you don't care if the target is invisible or not.

My feelings about this are conflicting. On the one hand, I think that lore-wise, it makes sense for spells to be castable on offline players. But on the other hand, I personally find it a bit irritating to log in and be under the effect of a spell because someone wanted to have some fun while you couldn't react.

I onno. It bothers me but not enough to make a whole case on it.

But on the other hand, I personally find it a bit irritating to log in and be under the effect of a spell because someone wanted to have some fun while you couldn't react.

This is the main reason why I'm suggesting the change. Perhaps movelock etc would be usable but teleporting spells shouldn't affect offline players.

• 4 months later...