Feedback on the new forum

Chewett

Hrm.. this new forum needs time getting used to, I'm still playing around with its features

I made a default activity feed to show only unread topics, yet it isn't the first thing the page goes to when I click activity, Slightly annoying to take multiple clicks to get to my feed..

On the other hand, all activity shows everything from likes to follows.. so hrm.. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, JadenDew said:

Hrm.. this new forum needs time getting used to, I'm still playing around with its features

I made a default activity feed to show only unread topics, yet it isn't the first thing the page goes to when I click activity, Slightly annoying to take multiple clicks to get to my feed..

On the other hand, all activity shows everything from likes to follows.. so hrm.. :ph34r:

yep. also, there's no 'mark as read', which I'd like to use on...all those calendar events, for example.

aand..there's no way to jump to last post, apparently?

edit: gallery images don't work for me

edit2: so, I guess everybody has the option of writing a reason for edit now? only forum managers had it before, if I'm correct

Edited by Ungod
not telling

So much stuff to read. I might reiterate what others have said, for some reason I find individual posts very difficult to follow (to me the whole page looks very white, the gray that separates posts doesn't contrast enough).

1. Needs some bedazzling to look more like the old forum, aesthetically. Right now it's very barren and disconnected from the game, but I think this is just because it was recently updated, it won't stay like this, right? Right?...

2. Activity feed is extremely spammy. I hugely preferred the old one (where topics were highlighted), because this one highlights every single post in every single new thread, also who upvoted what, who uploaded pics, literally everything. I'm not saying it's absolutely a bad thing, but is there an option to sort the activity feed, or show only active topics as opposed to every new post?

3. If you click the 'reputation' thing in your profile, it says something like 'no content here', rather than pointing to posts in which you were given reputation.

4. Seems to have a bunch of new tools and gadgets to use though, which is good. Could someone post a tutorial or "look, this thing is new and useful" for the technologically inept, like me? Cheers.

This update gives stalking a run for its definition. As a guest, I can see everybody's every registered action, in almost perfect condition. Even though saying this might lead to some unwanted changes (which makes me a horrible stalker), I simply couldn't resist saying it.

Otherwise, I strongly dislike the WHITENESS.

Edit: said I had 45 notifications. Clicking the icon showed none. Clicking "View All" also showed none.

Edited by Myth
discovery

6 minutes ago, Myth said:

This update gives stalking a run for its definition. As a guest, I can see everybody's every registered action, in almost perfect condition. Even though saying this might lead to some unwanted changes (which makes me a horrible stalker), I simply couldn't resist saying it.

Otherwise, I strongly dislike the WHITENESS.

Edit: said I had 45 notifications. Clicking the icon showed none. Clicking "View All" also showed none.

Get back in game and stop stalking!

I still think it's ugly.

I still can't see the pics.

Bring back the blog :D:D

I cannot play with setting as I want to, For example the highlighted one (which I think are important) cannot be toggled:

http:// http://storenow.net/download/c074ca6b98b1a3e3cfd6590f7461b5de/1.jpg

http:// http://storenow.net/download/a1f5f47adc2590af684220c182869e53/2.jpg

Also I copy pasted a snipping post and it showed as it would work. Once I saved the post, the snipps were gone! That's not nice!

Too few options on posting: where are the BBC codes? Where are the colors? Or am I missing something?

Edited by dst

• Root Admin

when i first looked at it it had absolutely no sidebars, and this was a problem because i liked to see people statuses and such. I put all the sidebars you see now and to avoid having the same thing on all pages i put different sidebars in different areas. Its not as bad as i initially thought, but it needs a much better look., something to fit with md at least in colors. I think this can be done after.

If this is the "new and improved" version of the forum, then there is no way to revert to an older one, it just means we need to adjust this one to be more friendly.

Also the link in the top menu in md had to be changed to work, i put it to point to something similar to what it was

• Root Admin
8 hours ago, Syrian said:

much better, thank you. is there any way to remove/reduce all the stuff on the right sidebar? it creates a lot of wasted space 

Will look into it.

7 hours ago, Lania said:

Is it time for me to spam the forum just to get to read posts like that?

No you ask me and I promote you, can you send me a forum PM?  This has been set up like this for a while :)

3 hours ago, JadenDew said:

Glad to hear it :)

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Ungod said:

yep. also, there's no 'mark as read', which I'd like to use on...all those calendar events, for example.

I see it on the bottom of the site?

2 hours ago, Ungod said:

e's no way to jump to last post, apparently?

Looking into it

2 hours ago, Ungod said:

edit: gallery images don't work for me

Please can everyone read my posts as im replying to peoples comments and yours might have been replied to such in this case, I have said I have opened a ticket about this.

2 hours ago, Ungod said:

edit2: so, I guess everybody has the option of writing a reason for edit now? only forum managers had it before, if I'm correct

Always been a feature.

-----

Still replying to stuff, just need to go shopping :)

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Aeoshattr said:

1. Needs some bedazzling to look more like the old forum, aesthetically. Right now it's very barren and disconnected from the game, but I think this is just because it was recently updated, it won't stay like this, right? Right?...

As said above, yes.

2 hours ago, Aeoshattr said:

2. Activity feed is extremely spammy. I hugely preferred the old one (where topics were highlighted), because this one highlights every single post in every single new thread, also who upvoted what, who uploaded pics, literally everything. I'm not saying it's absolutely a bad thing, but is there an option to sort the activity feed, or show only active topics as opposed to every new post?

Have a look at the filters people have posted above.

1 hour ago, Muratus del Mur said:

yeah where is the blog? seemed to be an interesting feaure

Disabled for now, until someone gives some reasons to actually use it.

Many of the blogs people make are quite abusive towards specific players and dont really fit on the forum.

1 hour ago, dst said:

Another buggity bug:

Look:

A HUUGE post cause the forum does

Not a bug, we just dont trim. We assume we dont have spammers,we ban spammers :P

Except from being extremely ugly ... how the heck do you get the old style list of topics with activity ?

I don't know about you but I choose to NOT read all the spam nor am I interested (99% of the cases) who likes what and also I have lots of things that I'm not interested in reading  or even knowing that something was written in that topic..

So, I would appreciate some help / link to facilitate the old list.

--------------------

Why the %^&* when you open the personal profile you have images of some else ?

Guys, if you want a blog, get an account on a specialized blog.

If you want facebook or twiter ... get account on that.

This is a f... FORUM. .... well, it used to be.

Edited by No one

21 hours ago, Grido said:

I used the unread content feature on the old style, and would intend to do so on this new version as well.

I appreciated have page views for unread content so that I could tell how much I had not read and therefore may need to read to catch up. On the new forum style, there is just a "Load more activity" with this I have absolutely no idea the amount of content I need to review. If there is any option I would like the content feed to either display all, or display in a page format / some other format that clearly displays the amount of content remaining.

@Chewett, I don't think you've replied on my point here? Do we have any alternatives than the frankly annoying load more posts option?

its an eye sore to me i hate changes and probably wont be on the forum for months again

plus i m forced to deal with a PUSH POP UP every page or turn it on?

i cant recieve an email when i get messaged on the forum?

oh hey look my profile pict is gone too wtf-is-this-shit.jpg

sorry chew this is the biggest pile crap i ve seen since md started.

Edited by MRWander
opps

• Root Admin
59 minutes ago, Grido said:

@Chewett, I don't think you've replied on my point here? Do we have any alternatives than the frankly annoying load more posts option?

Im not sure what you mean.

have you been using: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/discover/unread/

41 minutes ago, MRWander said:

i cant recieve an email when i get messaged on the forum?

Im not sure what you mean here :)

24 minutes ago, Nimrodel said:

notifications settings say admin has disabled this option. (about the email regarding messages that is)

Messages lie, Will look at

17 minutes ago, Sunfire said:

thing i find most annoying is that updates on hidden forums arent placed in the unread page

This seems like a serious issue, you sure? im stuff from the mod forum which is hidden