Feedback on the new forum

Chewett

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, Chewett said:
27 minutes ago, Nimrodel said:

notifications settings say admin has disabled this option. (about the email regarding messages that is)

Messages lie, Will look at

Fixed, you should now be able to edit and by default it should email!

Just now, Chewett said:

Im not sure what you mean.

have you been using: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/discover/unread/

As gone over above, yes - there is a "Load More" at the bottom, it gives you no sense of volume and is what I refer to as being annoying, I would like page view which is a much clearer layout choice for it.

8 minutes ago, Chewett said:

Im not sure what you mean.

have you been using: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/discover/unread/

Im not sure what you mean here :)

Messages lie, Will look at

This seems like a serious issue, you sure? im stuff from the mod forum which is hidden

exactly what nim said

• Root Admin
8 minutes ago, Grido said:

As gone over above, yes - there is a "Load More" at the bottom, it gives you no sense of volume and is what I refer to as being annoying, I would like page view which is a much clearer layout choice for it.

Are you using condensed view?

1 minute ago, Chewett said:

I wasn't, but turning it on still has the "Load more activity", it doesn't activate a page view like I'm saying about.

Even on condensed view you still have the same issue, just takes a bit longer to get there.

• Root Admin
Just now, Grido said:
3 minutes ago, Chewett said:

I wasn't, but turning it on still has the "Load more activity", it doesn't activate a page view like I'm saying abo

The load more activity isnt something we can change.

40 minutes ago, Chewett said:
57 minutes ago, Sunfire said:

thing i find most annoying is that updates on hidden forums arent placed in the unread page

This seems like a serious issue, you sure? im stuff from the mod forum which is hidden

i didnt see a topic from 2 hidden forums

Pressing the clock icon under the newest post takes you straight to it also. (If you are using condensed view, the clock icon is next to the new post)

Also, if there are more than 1 unread comments in the topic, they are separated from the read ones with a thick blue line.

Furthermore, apparently streams can be shared ( one I am using now is  http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/discover/22/ ), made default (press the small tick icon next to its title; that changes the Unread Posts button to the stream you ticked) and accessed directly via bookmarks and they are found under My Activity Streams->Custom Streams. 

1 hour ago, Chewett said:

The load more activity isnt something we can change.

At which point it will perpetually annoy me and I feel it's lost the use it had before - but that's not something you can solve.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/staff/
Staff page currently lists every single moderator no matter whether they are one for a single forum area or entire forum, and does not specify anywhere on the page.
As a side, there's an option for me to "Edit my information" as a mod, however no idea where it then lists this information.

I don't like the box-y forum layout at this very moment, but think you're just playing with options currently - please don't keep this particular one.

The "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the forum (every page) - do we know where that ends up?

Edited by Grido

Is there a way to play around with the layout? I can't stand reading the forum on half of the page. while the other half is occupied with "Recently Browsing" etc. and only uses the top 6 rows of the page.

Leads to a LOT of scrolling, especially when you have to read, for instance, essay quests..

I have a question out of curiousity.

If a person posts(or gives a rep point) on a hidden forum does it show up on a persons activity page if they are not apart of that hidden forum? ( I do not know what I can not see... not sure if anyone has posted to a hidden forum since the new forums)

• Root Admin
46 minutes ago, Assira the Black said:

I have a question out of curiousity.

If a person posts(or gives a rep point) on a hidden forum does it show up on a persons activity page if they are not apart of that hidden forum? ( I do not know what I can not see... not sure if anyone has posted to a hidden forum since the new forums)

try?

My feedback is that, other than it looking absurd (color scheme wise), and it trying to be way too vertically compact on the main forum list (the way it organizes subforums as boxes ends up cutting off the titles of anything with a reasonable title), it's also a pain to log into. I may very well just be one of the few that have a different username than they have display name, but it took me getting locked out before I tried to figure out what my display name was actually set to. By requiring that you use your display name (public information), vs. your username (which isn't shown anywhere that I know of) to login, there's other fun things. In that same respect, they are explicitly telling you whether it's the display name or the password that you got wrong, which, although helpful, is problematic for other reasons.

Edited by I am Bored

On 4/2/2016 at 0:28 AM, Chewett said:

Pressing the star on new unread posts will move you to the latest post

How about read topics? I see the star, but cannot click it, so I cannot jump to last post...

(I still need time to adjust to the forum :( who can tell me where I can see the latest 5 or so posts?)

I didn't see it with the boxes, but now that it's lists, I saw an unread post from two days ago in MB private forum. I didn't see it anywhere, not in activity, nowhere.

It's not that I can't read it or anything, I just don't get notified that it exists.

Edited by Ungod

Ave,

the Unread Content view does not show content from restricted forums. At the same time the activity feed shows that something is happening even if i don't have access to the forum in question.