Things that can be revived in the dead O.o

As the topic says.

What kind of things could be revived other than people.

Creatures 

Alliances 

Or maybe something else........

I ask everyone in MD to put in an opinion on this please and make a statement about what they think could be revived in the land of the dead

6 hours ago, Chewett said:

otherwise it looks like you are collecting ideas to use rather than having your own

Actually i already have my own ideas i talked to Mur about. Before i put my plans out there i want to/ need to see peoples opinions. However if this is how you feel chewett then im sorry but you are wrong

Edited by blackrider

Well a combination of fenths heat water maybe some syntropic dust and clothing items (possibly from personal items like an eyepatch for instance + woven clothing out of unidentified herbs) would be what I would expect could *recreate* a Water daimon if necessary. I do believe (though quite likely mistaken) that the database can some way track creatures you've had previously through old IDs and maybe logs of sacrifices? I know there's lots of database logs for items currently in MD it wouldn't surprise me to see similar for creatures.

Similar recipes like for a regular elemental egg might be a larger amount of heat (no water or clothing) as well as more dust and ashes (if a certain caretaker recipe goes live) and a personal item such as..... omelettes? :D  I'd list more recipes but I'd have to think it through, similar schemes apply can apply.

I would be skeptical of any type of resource or personal item's ability to be revived after use as they tend to leave some hard traces of their existence leftover from processing, rather than stats and possible fenths produced by creatures.

+Chewett's opinion is a good one, most people will tend to want to see input from the person looking for info before giving info out, it's all about information being valuable and trading it. Most cases you give in order to receive but personally I find reaching out to gain info is a step most players don't take on their own unless compelled and should be commended/rewarded when the info is being made public.

Edited by Mallos

There is not much of a point in my opinion of reviving creatures. If someone sacrifices a windy. Then it should remain sacrificed. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of sacrificing it in the first place, if someone has accidentally sacrificed a windy. Then perhaps putting a lock on certain creatures to keep from anciently sacrificing it similar to what is there for the bestiary. 

As for reviving Alliances, I do not think there should be a set way to do that... since there were different ways/reasons it ended up that way. And if you are looking to revive an alliance... then it should be a way that is unique to yourself and the people who wish to do so. Otherwise it takes away from the importance of reviving that alliance.

Automating anything of importance like that takes away something. Sometimes it makes things easier, leaving time for other things. But sometimes it takes away the human element.

------

Now as for revival of concepts, ideas, or research.

PWR-Player with Role- or RPC - roleplaying character (I think) pretty much already being done in a way with the tag system but a different setting. Though that system is incomplete for now while other things are being worked on and thought about. PWR/RPC was a little different, at that time it gave a reward and some direction, it reinforced the role that person took on. That system had its flaws and some got upset. But the elimination of it, disrupted something in md society for the rpiers. At the moment most of us are vets and survived past that point. We know who we are and where we stand. So the current population does not need the PWR/RPC, for we do not need that reinforcement. But to give us something to do, to work towards, offical titles or goals can help. To revive this it would take the work of all of us. A discussion and the responsibility of us left to come up with something official. By offical, I mean recognize by md society. Not something that has to be made or created.

Council- it has had its problems and multiple deaths. There is also the Kings Council, but for the public that wants to be apart of something and do something. And for lands or groups that do not have the capabilities of attending the Kings council since it is for rulership. So if this was to be revived, perhaps it should be done with set representative outside of the leadership and that anyone is welcome to come to a meeting to discuss things.  There could be public and closed meetings for the council. The closed meetings would be the council deciding something or talking about things to do for the public. Like events. The public meetings would be discussions on current problems (social and not social), direction, ideas, or maybe you just did not get enough ranting done at the Soundbox. What would need to be decided is how structured the council would be and adjust it so that the flaws of before are not as harmful. I believe one of the problems was that who ever was chosen could not keep up with it. It was a popularity test. So perhaps people that are chosen for it now or in the future. Is decided by the land where they reach an agreement or as close to one for who will be on the council and then just the ruler ship will decide the representatives(2 people) so a total of three people from each land/organization if they do not have a land affiliation. The representatives would attend most public meetings to discuss things that affect the land. Council members make decisions, plans, and try to solve problems.

Meh. that is all I have on revival of concepts discussion. Most things that you want to revive requires effort and there should not be a set system. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is my suggestion for reviving an alliance

First off the dead isnt supposed to function like any other land. Its special in a way. Mur doesnt want any form of king or ruler there either. Even if your alive and part of the dead you are still cursed. Things just arent the same. 

Anyways here is where ill start

To revive a guild in the dead first one must have purpose (mine is the fusioneers ) So if this guild had tools they used then ofc youll need them (i do). Youll also need a certain amount of support from ex-ally members that you can revive the guild ect. This is because they will have to help you revive it because they were original members.

To revive the guild though you must be dead yourself. If needed you summon the SS in the dead and present your offer ect ect. 

If you succeed and the guild is revived then its not the same. It will work differently. It will have no relations to any land other than what the guild is doing or with at the time. Also the guild wouldnt be based on fighting or saccing for loyalty. It would pick its leaders based on loyalty to the dead. 

The guild would also bare curses such as little action points and long regen times, or very short regen times . could also cause stat damage in fights even if you are balanced .

1 hour ago, blackrider said:

Well here is my suggestion for reviving an alliance

First off the dead isnt supposed to function like any other land. Its special in a way. Mur doesnt want any form of king or ruler there either. Even if your alive and part of the dead you are still cursed. Things just arent the same. 

[dst]: So you'd have alive players but cursed or dead, un-cursed players?

To revive a guild in the dead first one must have purpose (mine is the fusioneers ) So if this guild had tools they used then ofc youll need them (i do). Youll also need a certain amount of support from ex-ally members that you can revive the guild ect. This is because they will have to help you revive it because they were original members.

[dst]: Why would you need the support of ex members? It was an ex-member that killed it. What are "original members"? What if they are not playing anymore?

To revive the guild though you must be dead yourself. If needed you summon the SS in the dead and present your offer ect ect. 

[dst]: What does "offer" mean? What offer? What is etc, etc? 

If you succeed and the guild is revived then its not the same. It will work differently. It will have no relations to any land other than what the guild is doing or with at the time. Also the guild wouldnt be based on fighting or saccing for loyalty. It would pick its leaders based on loyalty to the dead. 

[dst]: And since you were dead for a VERY long time, guess what? You are probably the player with the most loyalty (at least for the moment). Furthermore, "picking a leader based on loyalty to the dead" is no picking at all. So even if you try to make it look "democratic" it's just stupid.

The guild would also bare curses such as little action points and long regen times, or very short regen times . could also cause stat damage in fights even if you are balanced .

[dst]: Stat damage to ALL? Are you kidding me? That's idiotic and way too powerful! What happens if someone gets killed? Will they automatically be added to the ally?

You don't want my opinion? Though luck! I am giving it even if you want it or not.

What I believe: you chose the dead because it's just a cool new toy and you think you can be "special" (see the SS thingy, the stat damage). Also, if I remember correctly, none of the current lands want to have Fusioneers IF they are led by you. So win win situation (for you).

I don't like the idea because imo it means a LOT of coding and a lot of new rules just to humor one player. But it has been done before so it might be done again. I hope not. You don't really deserve it. At least not for the moment.

So good luck! And thank you for reading my blog but please stop because you understood nothing from what I said there.

Spoiler

[dst]: So you'd have alive players but cursed or dead, un-cursed players?

[dst]: Why would you need the support of ex members? It was an ex-member that killed it. What are "original members"? What if they are not playing anymore?

[dst]: What does "offer" mean? What offer? What is etc, etc? 

[dst]: And since you were dead for a VERY long time, guess what? You are probably the player with the most loyalty (at least for the moment). Furthermore, "picking a leader based on loyalty to the dead" is no picking at all. So even if you try to make it look "democratic" it's just stupid.

[dst]: Stat damage to ALL? Are you kidding me? That's idiotic and way too powerful! What happens if someone gets killed? Will they automatically be added to the ally?

I'd like to ask the same questions as Dst, if you're not going to answer it when she asks.

Perhaps expand a bit more on what offerings? I mean, why would the SS be involved? Just because it's in a part of that land? Or because there's some meaning?

And it does seem this is merely a passive (though not as passive as it may have meant to be) way for you to get an alliance of your own. Not saying that it's wrong, just if you want something, no point hiding it behind false pretence. :)

A few additional thoughts, blackshade you tend to be toxic towards those that do not agree with you. Which in a community as close knit as this, it will just cause you to have issues with all that you cross. It will make it difficult to get anything done. So far you have managed to upset or come across in a more negative light with some of the more active members.  

So far you have shown the initiative in wanting to start things, like with the hell hounds and now with the fusioneers. But you have also burned/damaged bridges with your approach to peoples in put. If you are open to others input and are not so harsh towards them if you do not agree... then things tend to go better. Who knows you may find that the input leads you down a new path.

On the topic of alliances, I do not think it should be applied to all alliances. So lets speak specifically about the fusionieers. I think it is good for people to have goals. With this alliance though, it seems you and perhaps Mallos's alternate character (sorry I can not remember your other character's name mallos) are wanting the alliance back. But you two are working on your own and does not seem to be working together. That is if I read Mallos's intentions correctly on the other forum post about the alliance. An alliance needs to show that it can stand on it's own with out all the bells and whistles. If it can not then, it is time to let it rest until there is the community support for it. 

A few questions...

Why are you interested in the fusioneers?

If part of reviving it is to change it to something else other than the fusioneers... then why revive an alliance? If it does not stay true to its foundation then it is not the fusioneers. 

"If you succeed and the guild is revived then its not the same. It will work differently. It will have no relations to any land other than what the guild is doing or with at the time. Also the guild wouldnt be based on fighting or saccing for loyalty. It would pick its leaders based on loyalty to the dead. "

Also in that quote it defeats the purpose of an alliance, a lot of what you said goes against the point of there being an alliance. If you are looking towards loyalty towards the dead... is that loyalty points or someone who is loyal to the land and whomever dies? If it is true loyalty to a land and whomever dies, seems like you are wanting to create another caretaker type alliance. 

Perhaps you need to take a breather and really think about the role and goal you wish to have in md and why. If you are just trying to change things to change things, then you will just be spinning your wheels.

To add: to the my previous quote on changing things to change them.  Creating change is good especially if it brings activity for your self or others. An alliance could do this for you. Whether you join one or create it. 

But if some one wishes to chang things for the sake of changing it, the it will not be a lasting change. Then the motivation, energy, and heart are not behind it. 

So I emphasize the why you want the fusioneers And why not something else or create something else? What do the fusioneers offer for today's community but also the community in the future? How would the fusioneers fit with the land of the dead?

whoelse will be apart of the alliance?