MD Awards 2016 Nomination Thread

• Root Admin

Here we will nominate players for the next 7  days. If you wish to nominate someone please state the award, the playername AND a one line reason why you are nominating them.

The reason will be taken into account for deciding if any categories need to close and in addition who may or may not be removed from a category.

This year you MAY nominate someone from your land but again you must provide a reason.

You are welcome to nominate that a category be removed, or added as well as nominating people for a category.

Please do not edit your posts, it will make things confusing

Any questions, please ask!

Adventuring Award
For the person most dedicated, or who perseveres most at quests. Not necessarily for completing, or winning the most.

Best Beautification

Given for the highest quality of artistic contributions given to beautify the realm, be it personification of papers, contribution to avatar gallery, or item depiction.

Champion Fighter
For the person considered to be the best fighter in the realm, this does not necessarily have to be the strongest fighter in the realm, but the one that uses the combat system to the best effect.

Fossil of the year
For the player who has been around so long they have turned into a fossil. The player must be visibly active over the past year, and on the veterans list in game.

Helper of the Year
For the player deemed to have been the most helpful. The area of helpfulness the player focusses on can vary. The voter should realise that even though they may not get on with, or have been helped by one of the nominees, this does not mean that the player is not indeed helpful.

Most Addicted
For the player who just can't leave MD for more than a minute without needing a fix.

Most Improved Player - Keep?

The player that the community things has grown the most in the past year. This can be a rookie who set feet on the ground quickly and got walkin' or an oldie who had been inactive but picked up a lot of momentum and did some cool things.

Most Popular
Given to that most charismatic player who has attracted the largest and most consistent following. Not to be given to the most powerful or prestigious member of the realm, but rather the most well-loved.

Outstanding Service to MD
For the player thought to have done the most to contribute to MD over the year. This can be in any field.

Pre-eminent Role Player
For the player deemed to Role Play the best. The player does not have to stay in character all the time to win this award (though it may help), rather when they do role play it is to the highest standard - this does usually go in hand with remaining in character.

Prime Quest
For the player seen as creating the best quest over the past year. Just because a voter did not manage to complete the quest, does not mean it was a bad quest necessarily, the voter is asked to take this into account when voting.

Rookie of the year
For the player deemed to have made the most progress since they started their account. The player must have created their account since 1st November 2014 and have more than 20 AD at the time of voting. By progress it is meant a step towards a defined role or position (not necessarily official) within the realm, or integration within the community to a large degree.

Top Techie
For the person credited as creating the most popular MD-scripted event or script.

15 hours ago, Chewett said:

Fossil of the year

Azull, Eagle Eye reason why is well they are both old as dirt in MD. LOL

Prime Quest

Lashtal reason is because of his "chasing darkness " quest. Was a really fun quest. 

Helper of the Year

Lintara reasoning because she has helped me many times and from what ive seen she also helps others, like Mur and his new riddle stuff.

Edited by blackrider
Didnt have a sentence

Adventurist; Blackshade Rider; Has gone deeper into the Dead than anyone else.
Helper of the year;Blackshade Rider; If you dont know the why to this one, you dont need to.

Most improved player; Blackshade Rider; Has been through his ups and downs. These days, he spends his time helping the Newly Dead.

Fossil of the Year - No one

Old as old can be and is still an active member of the realm. Probably one of the few that has been seriously harvesting since it became a possibility.

Champion Fighter - MRF

Knows the ins and outs of combat more than most and has managed to reach a good power at every MP.

Outstanding Service to MD - Zleiphneir

Continues to support any and all that try to organise a project/quests whilst also maintaining his own aims to try and better MD.

Most Popular - Magohi

Speaks for itself really. Has made a lot of friends an very few (if no) enemies. Also has a dedicate group of baconeers. (DOWN WITH THE BACONEERS!)

------

Are we doing Rookie of the year from 2014 due to few people joining? Or is that a mistake?

Adventuring Award
dst - takes part in most things, both participant and designer. 

Best Beautification

Gonzalo - avatars, alliance logos, general artistic fancy.

Champion Fighter
Sunfire - his willingness and skill in helping others progress in this area defines this for me.

Fossil of the year
Kiley - still around, still chirping away making everyone laugh and keeping spirits up.

Helper of the Year
Mallos - Not so visible to most, but works very hard at trying to support people and the game in whatever way he can.

Most Addicted
MaGoHi - Though his will declines, his presence does not.

Most Improved Player

Klawdees - Really got into asking questions this year, and gave some great insights too.

Most Popular
Lintara - who doesn't know Lin? One must be blind, deaf and dumb not to surely.

Lintara - A bright light continually striving to bring brightness and activity, frankly her perseverance is more than commendable.

Pre-eminent Role Player
Lashtal - continues to display his morbid fascination with apt skill and curiosity.

Prime Quest
Ungod - Too many to mention. If one must be named, then the one with the dude stuck in the lake.

Champion Fighter : Clock Master

He brought honor to Marind Bell in the field of combat, as always, and ever since; was not about his stats, but he used brilliant strategies and fought with great finesse.

Prime Quest : Ungod

He gave colors and fuel to wake every adventurer's mind, making them crave for more; his dedication to this field is very inspiring.

Adventuring Award
dst - she'd do anything to finish a quest.

Best Beautification

jubaris - i think he did that mp3 starter quest that was beautiful.

Champion Fighter
mago - really anything needs to be said?

Fossil of the year
mrf - the requirements are bull -> having to be on the active veteran list is lame so because i took a break for over a year means i wont be able to be a veteran?

Helper of the Year
mago - he helps a lot

Most Addicted
aethon - even after quiting multiple times he is like the clap.

Most Improved Player - Keep?

keep for later dont think anyone fits this year though

Most Popular
maebius - should be obvious

For the player thought to have done the most to contribute to MD over the year. This can be in any field.

Pre-eminent Role Player
Azull - havent caught him out of char yet

Prime Quest
n/a

Rookie of the year
n/a

Top Techie
n/a

I shall not really participate in this event but:

Adventuring Award: dst - We all know how she has persevered at quests this year.

Prime Quest: Ungod -  I cant really name one but all his quests had so much variety and were really out of the box. So choose any quest.

Most improved player: Magohi - I saw him at day one. And I see him now.

Champion FIghter: MRF - nuf said

Helper of the year - MRF - helping newbies advance an mp is a great help after all. I kinda admire his mp3ness. :3

Most addicted: Mallos - Know how much he is addicted to MD personally :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

No one cares for it from the messages I received and I have been working on mur code which has been classified at top priority. It could run but I have had a decent chunk of messages suggesting they are not sure about running it

hmm... Probably.. THere are very few contenders too... SO the awarding might not actually mean anything....

Edit: But it'd still good to keep the tradition alive. A reward for showing loyalty to the game when it actually needs it :)

Edited by Nimrodel

• 2 weeks later...