The Artisans Guild

Dude, your images scare me :)

But then again, they say art should bring out emotion in people. :unsure:

In any case, I was planing to submit these images for the contest. So before I bundle them and send them, tell me what you think; should I put more of something or remove something, or change something, or change my style. All input is appreciated, especially from the current draftsmen employed in the development of this game.

They are all very good and very close to the style of the game....I would like them better if you could lighten the backround or place them on a white backround.

In any case, I was planing to submit these images for the contest. So before I bundle them and send them, tell me what you think; should I put more of something or remove something, or change something, or change my style. All input is appreciated, especially from the current draftsmen employed in the development of this game.

Ok...i'm not in the development and i have waaaay les techniek then you do. There are some things however that might give u a + ;)

-the size: the 5x3 ish size is in only 2 or so found. I dont know the importance to this ofcourse. But if i look at the shop, all of them in that proportion...yours wil look better, and smaller. :P But then, i'm shure u noticed to, some of the avatars in game are already square. :)

-Background blend: the avatars in game always blend in with the ald parchment look. The ones your sending in all have a verry light and hard to notice shade in the background to bring contrast to the rest of the figure. Wil this contrast fade with the photoshop cutout? :unsure: Then again...i have no clue as to how that works, and the lines/composition are amazing so it might be unnoticable. :D

Wel...i did my part. The rest is for the people who know what they are saying... :unsure:

Amorte the first two are very cool but don't fit with the game. The first sketch of the bone dragon has great form and motion to the composition. The second skeleton is very nice. I like the rendering on the torso, the look of the ribs... The eye flying out of the head... I could do without that, but it's well done.

First 2 where just to show how far i'm trying to draw from my original style. So u see the progres i'm going trough for this avatar stuf. I never expected them to fit ofcourse.

Bone dragon was just quick and such...but i can improve it if u like.

and the eye...wel, i was looking for an atention point to make up for the failed jaw drop...

So moral to the story? Il make drawings with the form and motion of the dragon with the rendering of the other one...without flying eyes. And maybe, just maybe...i can compete with DiKra and Dex

They are all very good and very close to the style of the game....I would like them better if you could lighten the backround or place them on a white backround.

I painstakingly removed the background with a white brush because the magic wand didn't satisfy me... there's nothing magical about it!

I don(t know how white you need the background to be, so this was the only safe choice.

-the size: the 5x3 ish size is in only 2 or so found. I dont know the importance to this ofcourse. But if i look at the shop, all of them in that proportion...yours wil look better, and smaller. :unsure: But then, i'm shure u noticed to, some of the avatars in game are already square. <_<

-Background blend: the avatars in game always blend in with the ald parchment look. The ones your sending in all have a verry light and hard to notice shade in the background to bring contrast to the rest of the figure. Wil this contrast fade with the photoshop cutout? :unsure: Then again...i have no clue as to how that works, and the lines/composition are amazing so it might be unnoticable. :D

Wel...i did my part. The rest is for the people who know what they are saying... <_<

the 5x3 size ratio is on all of the images. I used the 20x12cm 72 Dpi frame to paste all of my pictures into. Glor said the ratio should be "around" that figure. But wen you have a standard, why not work with it? :P

I did the old parchment effect now, and brightening the background sure helped make the parchement version better. I'll post the changes here :P

Thanks for the heads up guys!

P.S. Amorte, there are two positions open if I'm not mistaken... and who knows, maybe someone much better than us sent his avatars in secret. We can only do our best and hope we win. :lol:

post-2284-1219959197_thumb.jpg

post-2284-1219959258_thumb.jpg

post-2284-1219959271_thumb.jpg

post-2284-1219959280_thumb.jpg

post-2284-1219959292_thumb.jpg

post-2284-1219959305_thumb.jpg

in request of Blackthorn and DiKra... here is somthing less dark. <_< With the specifications of Glor...i think <_<

Haha this is great!

I must admit I imagined it differently when you described it.

The torso twist turned out great!

Lol, heads up! :unsure:

Haha this is great!

I must admit I imagined it differently when you described it.

The torso twist turned out great!

i'v been uploading my stuf, time to show some of your handywork dont you think <_<

why not follow me in this one after the contest? Just to see how you pictured it.

yea i hope there is no secret mayor artist holding back on us...i'm already feeling bad that there is more of us competing...dont forget Dex! He's been going at this a lot to!...

I'm thinking Glor should open more positions...hint hint

PS: this took me 2hours max. So you know how much time i'd need for requests...

i'v been uploading my stuf, time to show some of your handywork dont you think <_<

why not follow me in this one after the contest? Just to see how you pictured it.

yea i hope there is no secret mayor artist holding back on us...i'm already feeling bad that there is more of us competing...dont forget Dex! He's been going at this a lot to!...

I'm thinking Glor should open more positions...hint hint

PS: this took me 2hours max. So you know how much time i'd need for requests...

Without giving too much away... The artisan's guild has the potential (and probably the need) to expand beyond 5 members, so we are open to more positions. I won't be hiring anyone until after the contest though... this is actually in your best interests as you get prizes for winning the contest. When it's all over with I will definitely have some things to consider.

Ok...i have no idea how i could overlook the head...but here's a new one. I'l photoshop it on there asap...but it's worthles for the competition now...(insert curse here)

Anyway, i'l keep the heels in mind to Penelope, they do seem a litle bit off...

EDIT: cubix had a pretty fun decription on his personal...so i figured i just HAD to draw it <_<

post-2212-1219967963_thumb.png

post-2212-1219973358_thumb.png

I painstakingly removed the background with a white brush because the magic wand didn't satisfy me... there's nothing magical about it!

I don(t know how white you need the background to be, so this was the only safe choice.

the 5x3 size ratio is on all of the images. I used the 20x12cm 72 Dpi frame to paste all of my pictures into. Glor said the ratio should be "around" that figure. But wen you have a standard, why not work with it? <_<

I did the old parchment effect now, and brightening the background sure helped make the parchement version better. I'll post the changes here :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up guys!

P.S. Amorte, there are two positions open if I'm not mistaken... and who knows, maybe someone much better than us sent his avatars in secret. We can only do our best and hope we win. :lol:

That is so much better...It really give the Images more depth and definition...Bravo!

in request of Blackthorn and DiKra... here is somthing less dark. :unsure: With the specifications of Glor...i think <_<

EDIT: OMG! the head is going exorcist. Thanks for the uhm..."heads up" DiKra

Now you got it...Do more like this... very good.

Glad I'm already in the alliance and don't have to compete... :) Some high quality work there.

post-1536-1219984112_thumb.jpgpost-1536-1219984367_thumb.jpg

Some creatures with horns, I liked drawing horns today. Tried a rabbit with a horn as well... not a nice sight. These are made faster, less detail and cleanup. I call the horse a Nihorn. Ni meaning 2 in Japanese. Sounds better then Duohorn :)

The other one I call "Completely Insane Horned Killer With A Mace Fighting An Imaginary Clown"

Dikra : I love the winged worrier. The wood of the shield looks so realistic.

Amorte : I like that exorcist head, it has a nice expression. Awesome legs as well...

What else should i say except OMG for ur Completely Insane Horned Killer With A Mace Fighting An Imaginary Clown...

Well these are all of my drawings in greyscale.. (Glor is it better???)

post-2084-1220025825_thumb.jpgpost-2084-1220025863_thumb.jpgpost-2084-1220025901_thumb.jpg

post-2084-1220026062_thumb.jpg post-2084-1220027092_thumb.jpg

Yes, grayscale looks much better. Nice work. You still need some work on anatomy a bit, but your technique is decent.

Sorry I've been slacking off...working on some things in other parts of the game...Those still waiting for their requested avatars, please be patient...I am working on them, slowly, but working. here is one I did for .NelyaSetesh.

BlackThorn

post-1939-1220133806_thumb.jpg