The Artisans Guild

@Glor Five new images for us!! (post 148) WoW! The execution is a bit uneven, but if anyone has totally captured the style of the original artwork of a year ago, it is you. All five fit so perfectly. My favorite is your tree in the wind, at least that's how I perceive it. Elsewhere I have a character named "Willow in the Wind," so it particularly appeals to me. The lady in waiting also deserves special mention. Very well done. If anyone is wondering what she's waiting for, it's to take off that damned corset!! <G> The sword of flame should appeal to some of the firestarters out there.

Thank you Calyx. Going for the game's style has been my goal. I really enjoyed doing the lady (no, not like that) and the sword. Those are some of my favorites.

Its been a busy day for me, spending all my time on one drawing.

If an avatar is what u'd like to present your caracter in game. The couple is mine.

But its nothing near the style of the game, spend to much time i gues.

I started of trying to keep it simple, rough, and wild like the example's.

But i'm shure i failed. It turned out nothing near simple and all...

best one i could manage today was the wind lady, wich is almost a straigh rip-off from Glor's last

so now its back to the drawing board, simplifying this.

wish i was out of story mode, i'd find more example's.

post-2212-1219364298_thumb.jpg

post-2212-1219369697_thumb.jpg

I started of trying to keep it simple, rough, and wild like the example's.

But i'm shure i failed. It turned out nothing near simple and all...

best one i could manage today was the wind lady, wich is almost a straigh rip-off from Glor's last

I wouldn't say it's a rip-off. You copied theme, person in the wind. BlackThorn did that, too. You've seen many people with their clothes whipping in the wind. Go easier onyoursef.

Loose the boots, and you have the Calyx of Isis in one of her many moods and activities. I think she wears gossamer far more often than armor.

Motion has always been important to me in images. Motion can come in many different ways. Sometimes through the impression of life. I recall walking into rooms with portraits by El Greco and Goya and stopping to apologize to those people only to realize I was talking to a painting.

Anyone wanna avatar???? pls describe it cuz i am runing out of ideas!!!!:D

I did request my avatar before, but I understand everyone's bussy, mine according to my name should be something like Aibo, a robot dog. If you want to give it a try I would apreciate it.

Perrobotilo, We haven't invented batteries yet in this realm :)

3 more..

post-1536-1219415885_thumb.jpg post-1536-1219415873_thumb.jpg post-1536-1219415861_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to get more into the style of the game as well. Haven't nailed it quit yet...

I think someone requested a man caught in roots... I thought it was such a nice idea and I couldn't get it out of my head so I had to draw it.

Perrobotilo, We haven't invented batteries yet in this realm :)

3 more..

post-1536-1219415885_thumb.jpg post-1536-1219415873_thumb.jpg post-1536-1219415861_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to get more into the style of the game as well. Haven't nailed it quit yet...

I think someone requested a man caught in roots... I thought it was such a nice idea and I couldn't get it out of my head so I had to draw it.

Something about the centaur doesn't quite look right... I think it's the upper body. At first I thought she was missing a breast. I LOVE the flute playing woman. The way you used the light to illustrate the dress at her thigh without drawing lines there is excellent. I always end up using too much linework. The guy in the roots is a very cool scene as well. Good work.

Hey is that a Yin and Yang symbol on the centaur? I must get a portrait of me with one in it ^^!

Can you please do me one with the Ying and Yang symbol in in? Like the one done by Blackthorn but now with with a Tai - Chi Sword (You could search on Google images) please? Thanks.

Ok thanks, I'll make a new one of the centaur I don't know if we can use it? because it's longer than it's high.

The next one is my first real attempt to make one in MD style. Please tell me your honest opinion because I'm not used to drawing this way.

But it's quit exiting to learn how to draw different.

post-1536-1219450121_thumb.jpg

Background layer is separate layer in photoshop

This one is mine....This is BlackThorn

“The Root of Lore lies deep within,

Shaded from the light of day,

Secrets there in shadows hidden,

Known only to the Nymph and Fey.”

“The forest is his cradle fair.

Family? Home? He has no other.

Root and Tree his only care,

A Strangle Vine, his Mother.”

“Alseydes born and feral raised,

No words he has to keep.

The wind and rain and tree he praised

In languages they speak.”

“Blinded hearts, ears like stones,

The Others come to kill a tree.

The forest screams, sheds tears, and moans,

They cannot hear, they do not see.”

“He lures them to his mother’s face.

Their eyes so full of hate,

They run into her sweet embrace,

And there they meet their fate.”

“Seeds to seedlings and then to trees,

Like them his stature grows,

Soon bird and beast and all he sees,

His power they ere doth know.”

“A raven spoke of a Nymph most fair.

She dwelt in Raven Hold.

At length he went and climbed the stair,

To see what he’d been told.”

“Oh Lovely nymph, at sight did win,

His love, for her gentile grace.

A Knator saw, then followed him,

Back to his secret place.”

“He called to him the wind and rain,

Furious power, a tempest blow,

The Knator’s smile his only refrain,

No fear of him did show.”

“He called to him then bird and beast,

They came and gathered round.

They chirped at him and bared their teeth,

Knator’s smile turned then to frown.”

“Enough! He said with lute in hand,

And then began to play,

A musical spell, a tune most grand,

It held them all in sway.”

“The great and mighty Knator Lord

With laughter armed, loud as a horn

He saw the truth, drew not his sword,

“So like the vine, you are: BlackThorn.”

post-1939-1219660404_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'm thinking about applying for the contest, but first, tell me what you think of these two.

I must admit, I did not make them with the 3:5 format in mind and I "scanned" them with a camera.

Very Good.. :) .Where have you been? Try to set them in gray scale though.