Who was the first person that ever helped you in the game?

Eon

Bored and curious.

The first person that spoke to and offered me advice was some person named Yoshi back in 2008. I was around 15 or 16, first online game and had no clue what I was doing. I was looking at the Berserker Way puzzle and he told me to go to the PC. I don't think I was ever contacted by an LHO on my main account back then, only on alts years later when I returned.

LHO's are probably a given so LHO and the first normal person would be interesting to know.

the first person to actively help me in my first days was Fyrd Argentus. i joined about the same age (16-17) so he helped me to see the realm in small understandable steps. As for an LHO, the one that helped me most back then was BFH lightning.  And according to my papers The phoenix helped me out too back then, but unfortunately i can't remember him. after that i've had a variety of mentors (Shem, Nim, ...)whom im very thankful for what they did, for i wouldnt be here now it it wasnt for them

I remember Mallos gave me a silver coin while I was at the PC, but I had no idea if it was valuable or not. Also, I got a message from Mya Celestia saying I can always ask for help from her, so I thought 'Oh, so there are people playing this game' (because when I got out of story mode and moved around nobody talked, people were idle).

Then I met two people training at MDP, Asthir and Justin Case and attacked someone and got 'please don't destroy our non-dmg rituals'.

What the heck are non damage rituals??

Who helps you and how really depends on who you ask :). I never ever used the live help button. I also really did not speak at all. What i can remember from the start are peace, dst and a thomas something giant.

Edited by Miq

I joined in the summer of 2008 for a brief time, had a 6 month break, then I remembered about this place.

In that first period there was this interesting LHO, I think he had 'dragon' in his name, I tried to find out about him later but no success, I have no idea who he was. When I got back, I got a lot of help from Anubarak.

Two people simultaneously helped me during my early days. Probably wouldn't have stayed without them:
 Liberty (he was using his 49th or 50th fake account during that time I think) and Sunfire.

Later on Chew (general), Shem (LR) and darkraptor (combat stuff).

When I joined in 2010 (I was 15), I kept silent, didn't look at live LHO button and tried to figure things out myself. However, one of my first people contacts was with Nithy Juzz and My Brute. They helped me crack the shell a little. I was trying to figure out the Broken Pattern Gazebo when those two started chattering, eventually  got me to chat as well and it was such fun randomness that I came back for more the next day and so forth. It was just so very different from the usual MMORPG banter yet a little bit more familiar than the ongoing roleplay of veterans in MD at that time.

Combat-wise, the first person to help was MasterB. Although Dark Demon and Sunfire helped me learn more of it some years later, MasterB helped get a grip on the basic basics.

And Indyra, Zleiphneir and Draconas were the ones who helped me get into roleplay. 

either kets or

pamplemousse pamplemousse pample pample pample pample moooooooose

but possibly someone else.  It's been like ten years.

then when I came back it was undoubtedly peace, though it's possible someone led me to her

Edited by klatdees

I think that must've been khalazdad, i got stuck at the howling gates and didn't realize that the right arrow had popped up... we talked a few minutes, and i was a little freaked out back then because i had literally no clue about any lore, and he was the most in-character-player ever to exist :))

Definitely Kragel and the sleeping goat. I couldn't figure out how to beat the bull, so went the other way as far as I could and found Kragel.  He said he was too busy at the smith, but find the one under the tree.  Of course I found Z who was much more alert in those days.  Though that was the first time someone helped me, it has yet to be the last.  From days spent lounging under the trees in Loreroot, to the long evenings spent outside the tent listening to stories told about scary things hidden down in the secretive Necrovion.  Too many helped to ever try and list in full.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
On 20/11/2017 at 7:13 PM, DARK DEMON said:

What about you lol

I wrote a big post about a week ago but it looks like the forum ate it... Essentially the answer was not really anyone because there wasn’t many to help so you just learnt by doing.

I will see if the forum has remembered what I typed when I’m on my laptop