Mobile doesnt work with intro MD questions

Fang Archbane

47 minutes ago, Chewett said:

Have they tried turning on desktop mode on their browser?

MD isnt well supported on mobile, I assume this is the device they want to play on?

I know this is not on subject but ive seen a few players leave md without even passing the dock cause they were on their phone. Md only works with certain browsers on phones and from what i have seen (i may be wrong) these browsers make people alts. I still believe MD needs more availability. Almost anygame you can play on a computer can also be played on almost any phone. We need more availability for md. 

Sorry to take it off subject

On 12/26/2017 at 2:35 PM, Chewett said:

Have they tried turning on desktop mode on their browser?

MD isnt well supported on mobile, I assume this is the device they want to play on?

I told him again and again that mobile is a big nono all around, he said he was just doing it to login for now since he cant quite use a comp setup just yet. But yes theyve tried DeskMode and sadly, same result.

On 12/26/2017 at 3:26 PM, Blackshade Rider said:

I know this is not on subject but ive seen a few players leave md without even passing the dock cause they were on their phone. Md only works with certain browsers on phones and from what i have seen (i may be wrong) these browsers make people alts. I still believe MD needs more availability. Almost anygame you can play on a computer can also be played on almost any phone. We need more availability for md. 

Sorry to take it off subject

You arent derailing at all, we need a mobile app feature.

1 minute ago, Ledah said:

https://magicduel.com/mobile/

Perhaps force mobile users on to that then and block Puffin entirely.

that works yes but it is still limited. there is no movement, no item passing, no attacking ect. So its right back to it being limited and still needing more availability 

• Root Admin

>I know this is not on subject but ive seen a few players leave md without even passing the dock cause they were on their phone.

Yep, thats always been the case. Its not a new thing.

>Md only works with certain browsers on phones and from what i have seen (i may be wrong) these browsers make people alts.

MD works natively with anything that supports flash. There are a number of mobile browsers that do flash but they also act as a proxy. As I said we do not support mobile browsers.

>I still believe MD needs more availability. Almost anygame you can play on a computer can also be played on almost any phone. We need more availability for md. 

I cant play wow on my phone... Not to mention dota, lol, wot, battlefield, cod, etc... Although im not convinced you mean that.

Im not sure how aware you are, but the core of MD is built using flash. This technology has never been well supported on mobile browsers and therefore has meant we havent been able to run MD on mobiles.

Once we have removed flash it should run on mobiles, if look a bit ugly. Once this has done we can work on making it a much better mobile experiance.

>I told him again and again that mobile is a big nono all around, he said he was just doing it to login for now since he cant quite use a comp setup just yet. 

They should be able to use mobile mode as per the link above.

>Also i can just go to the regular site on my phone browser and be able to do more on that than you can with the md mobile link

Thats because we have done a good chunk of work on the main MD to make it more usable since the mobile page was written.

3 minutes ago, Chewett said:

I cant play wow on my phone... Not to mention dota, lol, wot, battlefield, cod, etc... Although im not convinced you mean that

I said almost any game. :) 

4 minutes ago, Chewett said:

Thats because we have done a good chunk of work on the main MD to make it more usable since the mobile page was written.

I didnt know. Its starting to look fairly good. but the mobile link works worst than me just using chrome browser on my phone. I never use the mobile link tired before but couldnt do much with it besides talk and check messages 

• Root Admin

>I said almost any game. :) 

I would say its in the minority and not the majority. Almost any means majority. (although this is debating semantics)

>I didnt know. Its starting to look fairly good. but the mobile link works worst than me just using chrome browser on my phone. I never use the mobile link tired before but couldnt do much with it besides talk and check messages 

Yeah the mobile interface is definitely designed just to do a few things really easily. It works a lot better than trying to do those things in the main interface, but the main interface does let you do other things better.

17 minutes ago, Chewett said:

Yeah the mobile interface is definitely designed just to do a few things really easily. It works a lot better than trying to do those things in the main interface, but the main interface does let you do other things better.

Just keep up that awesome wookie magic :) we all appreciate the work your doing. 

• 2 years later...