Untended/Overgrown Resources

Pipstickz

I think resources should keep generating after they hit their cap, we'll use an example of 10/10:

Resource is left at 10/10, replenishment takes it into Untended Status: 11, 12...15/10 being Overgrown Status

Then when replenishment hits the Overgrown resource, it drops to 3/10

In other words, +1 every day (or maybe +10% would work better, because with a flat +1 scenes like DQ would probably never reach Overgrown status) it's left Untended until it hits 1.5xCap, then it drops to 1/3xCap

This way ignored resources will suffer. Messy room messy mind, afterall.

I'm hoping a feature like this would urge citizens to work together to properly tend their respective lands and prompt them to educate eachother on the nature of resources

I would imagine Fenths being exempt for obvious reasons, I did think of water being an issue, but I don't really think it is afterall.

24 minutes ago, MaGoHi said:

well idk about a steady overgrow like you said it, but since water overgrows after rain i could imagine plants also to overgrow after rain, but idk about other resources

I would imagine they would multiply through the same methods they replenish normally. How do 20/30 ore turn to 30/30, and why couldn't that same process apply when going from 30/30 -> 31/30?

I don't think the drop in resources once they become too overgrown makes much sense in many cases (from a "why" standpoint).

What if overgrowth increased AP requirements (like viscosity does) instead?

Maybe some other effects too (though this is far more complicated) depending on the resource: bones -> plague infection; water -> flooding and crop failure, mitigation through development of waterworks; stone -> avalanche resulting in road blockage; herbs -> all herbs in scene turn to weeds; lumber -> deadfall, small chance of dying when passing through; etcetera).

• Root Admin
On 5/27/2018 at 9:48 PM, MaGoHi said:

well idk about a steady overgrow like you said it, but since water overgrows after rain i could imagine plants also to overgrow after rain, but idk about other resources

Water can flood easily, have you ever seen plants suddenly sprout and flower after rain?

• 1 month later...

I rather like pips idea, and not taking sides here but, ivoraks very detailed suggestion seems quite fitting as well.

Personally I'd be rather happy with either being implemented (too many herbs would equal weeds overtaking the land and pushing out most other farmable plants if memory serves, too many ore could indeed lead to giant chunks falling into the ocean and becoming lost forever, but ivoraks suggestion makes just as much sense) however Pips idea seems (and I could be wrong here, I'm no coder) easier to implement.