Only 4 principles as MP5?

Nep

First of all, I'm back after a 6 month sleep :D Hi!

But to address the title of this topic.
I only ever got to pick 4 principles, even though I'm MP5. I've never really questioned it, I thought maybe that is how things are supposed to be with the removal of the story mode. 

But, I saw other new MP5s with 5 principles, which makes me wonder if my situation is intentional, or I'm just  the victim of some bug. 

What's the official standpoint on this? 

• 4 weeks later...

Considering that you can get the new principle from saccing crits ... nope, not a bug.

Even with the full story you could end up in MP5 with less then 5 principles if that's what you wished for.

Just ask for AL to end so you can choose your prize.

28 minutes ago, No one said:

Considering that you can get the new principle from saccing crits ... nope, not a bug.

Even with the full story you could end up in MP5 with less then 5 principles if that's what you wished for.

I didn't know that. I sacced a lot of birds back in the day, but I never got a new principle. Is there some special condition? 

1 minute ago, Nepgear said:

I didn't know that. I sacced a lot of birds back in the day, but I never got a new principle. Is there some special condition? 

When in working order, different altars give different principles. It is possible (but somewhat unlikely?) That you simply sacrificed creatures for principles you already had.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:18 AM, Nepgear said:

I sacced a lot of birds back in the day, but I never got a new principle. Is there some special condition

:D  yes :D , as it is written on the altars : when your creatures are elevated enough (meaning higher level) you will get a bonus.

So, 3rd lvl birds with no exp gives nothing.

Spoiler

Principles are granted based on exp of the creature sacrificed. ... meaning increase of the principles as the number of different principles is different from altar to altar.

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, No one said:

I have heard reports to the contrary - that one cannot gain of new principles merely by sacrificing at an Altar that doth possess of that which thou dost not.

May aught confirm that they have, indeed, gained of a principle of an Altar?

As far as I know there is currently no way to gain new principles after reaching mp5. Altars should only give what you have already unlocked.

Many (all?) MP3s seem to leave Gateway without any principles. Furthermore with most of story mode cut away there are only 2 principle choices when you advance MP, so unless you manage to pick up a principle somewhere else I'm not sure if it's possible to gain more than 4 principles.

Oh right, I actually forgot about this. So basically, after the altars started working again I sacrificed fully grown trees with many won battles at the altars in Loreroot, No man's land and Golemus, but no new principles have been gained. 

• 2 weeks later...