How Do you like the new interface so far?

Muratus del Mur

The new interface (work in progress on warventure.com/play )  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can we make the notification box appearing when moving to another scene smaller (width-wise)? It's usually covering the entire scene and I can't move to the next one without having to wait 2-3- secs.

Also, when setting up rituals, the default is 50% VE, but the slider is on the far left (0%). So I if I want to set 0%, I have to slide it to the right and then to the left again...

@Muratus del Mur

it makes sense now yeah. i'm not a huge fan of it personally. i think the biggest thing that i dislike is the online players and resources sometimes being at the side. i can see how that would be useful to some people who like to use the horizontal space more. but i think it makes more sense to have that stuff always underneath the scene, beacuse it just takes up so much more space to have it off to the side like that. 

i'm a very "central" view person, i like the important things to be direct centre, so for me having the scene image off to the right is very confusing, and i think it just looks neater to have the scene in the middle. i understand that ( 92a4783428f7c17c530cc876ef8bb109.png
https://gyazo.com/92a4783428f7c17c530cc876ef8bb109 ) this info is being used on the right on wide screens, but maybe this could be shifted elsewhere? perhaps into some pop up when the scene name is hovered over if you wanted to avoid more tabs. this would allow the online list to shift back under the scene and be back in the centre.

you could place the "players in this scene" section over on the right near the mini player profile

0409b632bf53a6af2b313a6b1c40c66a.png
https://gyazo.com/0409b632bf53a6af2b313a6b1c40c66a

that way when people click on a name, there is minimal eye and mouse travel and it's still tucked away. maybe that mini profile pops up over the top of the scene player list to reduce mouse and eye travel

the biggest reason for me having to zoom in so far on MD is the tiny text size, would there be a way to implemenht some system for having user options to change the chat font sizes?

Edited by Syrian

11 minutes ago, Syrian said:

the biggest reason for me having to zoom in so far on MD is the tiny text size, would there be a way to implement some system for having user options to change the chat font sizes?

I also do this, so I second Syrian. Besides, when you zoom, elements shift over and over again, making you have to 'adjust' to a new layout. The font size (and type?) could be improved a bit

• Root Admin

setting chat font size is now an option in settings, default as you see it now is 10, but i saw it look ok with values of 11 or 12, larger size if needed are also supported but not sure if they will fit so nice for long messages in chat

hope it helps

2 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

setting chat font size is now an option in settings, default as you see it now is 10, but i saw it look ok with values of 11 or 12, larger size if needed are also supported but not sure if they will fit so nice for long messages in chat

hope it helps

thank you! 12 point size goes a long way to helping me read  the text much easier, so i appreciate it a lot

• Root Admin

yw.

ability to disable heat orb animation might come in later, but i am not sure. In a way, i want them to be like that, to require a minimum skill to catch and use, but i am not very happy about their resource cost, so i might allow orbs animation to stop because of that, depends how much work it involves to keep two erolin device types updated.

1 hour ago, Muratus del Mur said:

you have page resize buttons now to set it to narrow view if you so wish.

oh my goodness, thank you so much. this is such an amazing change for me. definitely using the narrow view with 12 point text

One thing I'd like to ask with this new interface, is will there be a way to pass multiple items at once. Like silver and gold. 

It's very time consuming and chat spammy when two players have to do this. If I want to pass 100 gold coins then I have to do it 100 individual times. Is there any way we can have an option to pass a stack at a time for items such as this? It can be applied to almost every item except resources for obvious reasons. 

Just wondering if this is something that may happen as I am sure a lot of MDers would very much like this feature. 

• Root Admin

not too soon, as i have other plans for now, but yes this could happen in the future. I am not sure in what for this will happen, but i shall see when i will work on it.

I'll think of a way, maybe a separate page..the sidebar is too narrow for fancy stuff like this...although is much wider now and it could work..i shall see

thanks for the suggestion

8 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

not too soon, as i have other plans for now, but yes this could happen in the future. I am not sure in what for this will happen, but i shall see when i will work on it.

I'll think of a way, maybe a separate page..the sidebar is too narrow for fancy stuff like this...although is much wider now and it could work..i shall see

thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for making it more mobile friendly and all the other work

• Root Admin
On 1/12/2020 at 6:58 PM, Syrian said:

alos the new heat system is difficult to use, the orbs move and and difficult to click, and often float behind the main central UI and become unclickable. can we go back to the old way but in the bottom left?

Also not a fan and would prefer something more static.