Toilet paper

Muratus del Mur

I was about to run a quest about that! Sent PM with my idea what to do with it.

And also, not disrespectful it you did it a really cool role-play thing where you had to have X amount of toilet paper, then go through a ritual and gather a resources. Then become a mummy, incapable of dying. This would stay on-theme 

Edited by Steno

It’s not cruel or disrespectful. 
but I personally am not comfortable at introducing such kind of insane behavior from real life. 
If it just happens in game it would be funny and I would totally support it. But after seeing what happened in real life it becomes opposite. I know it’s strange just because of the sequence of happening the same thing is totally different. 

But still I will support it if it’s, for example, a remedy for having cathartic extracted from unidentified plants accidentally, or to make mummy as Steno proposed. 

8 hours ago, yokin said:

but I personally am not comfortable at introducing such kind of insane behavior from real life. 
If it just happens in game it would be funny and I would totally support it. But after seeing what happened in real life it becomes opposite.

I don't know what Tissy is talking about here (and I don't want to know), but I have to agree that it's not very comfprtable to have toilet paper (in MD, not in your home). It depends how you use it, I guess...

1 hour ago, Ungod said:

I don't know what Tissy is talking about here (and I don't want to know), but I have to agree that it's not very comfprtable to have toilet paper (in MD, not in your home). It depends how you use it, I guess...

I meant reproducing the absurd phenomenon that people bought out all the toilet paper in supermarkets being afraid of the corona virus. It’s insane and irrational. 
I don’t hold opinions on the toilet paper itself. It’s...indispensable. 

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

I could rename heads to toilet paper and change their icon, would be the perfect system for this..and i am sure the joke stands valid also in times when there is no pandemic

I probably wouldn't run, for example, a boss toilet paper challenge, or even a Toilet Paper challenge (in place of heads) as it sounds a bit terrible...

To be truly offensive we would have to have a giant game of tag in MD. The person that was ‘it’ had some sort of plague, with a countdown on them where they had to pass it to someone else otherwise they die. The last person who has it when the event is over gets to die for a week or something. (Followed by a community event where we all bring flowers to resurrect that player)

Now that, I would consider very fun, but also very offensive. Meh, just a thought that occurred to me.

ailith, did you mean Big Roll Challenge, or Bog Roll

Well I think heads are rather iconic to the realm by now, I don't care what they are called but if you did rename them to toilet paper, it could be a fun joke for a while but hopefully not a permanent joke.

There is more toiletpaper where that came from Syrian but sometimes I need to let others have a chance ;)

13 minutes ago, Steno said:

To be truly offensive we would have to have a giant game of tag in MD. The person that was ‘it’ had some sort of plague, with a countdown on them where they had to pass it to someone else otherwise they die. The last person who has it when the event is over gets to die for a week or something. (Followed by a community event where we all bring flowers to resurrect that player)

Now that, I would consider very fun, but also very offensive. Meh, just a thought that occurred to me.

ailith, did you mean Big Roll Challenge, or Bog Roll

Yeah that might be crossing the international punchline into too offensive lol :D

I meant "Bog Roll Challenge" (Bog is UK slang for toilet :P)

I think Steno’s idea is interesting. 
But I still don’t get the point. The plunger is funny, the mask is funny, the Trump is funny. But putting into the context it’s hard to say. toilet leaf sounds more reasonable to me.  

43 minutes ago, yokin said:

I think Steno’s idea is interesting. 
But I still don’t get the point. The plunger is funny, the mask is funny, the Trump is funny. But putting into the context it’s hard to say. toilet leaf sounds more reasonable to me.  

It is interesting, but in my opinion, we have players from all over the world whether currently active or not, and we don't know how much all have been affected by this thing - or if they have lost loved ones to the pandemic, so plague tag leading to a player's death could be construed as way too offensive, as Steno himself says.

A light hearted joke referencing panic buying wouldn't be as bad, but I personally would still be hesitant about applying it to MD for the above reason.

Toilet leaf? I haven't heard that term.. like that one ^^ "The twenty minute toilet leaf challenge" - Grab as much as you can in 20 mins!

37 minutes ago, Ailith said:

Toilet leaf? I haven't heard that term.. like that one ^^ "The twenty minute toilet leaf challenge" - Grab as much as you can in 20 mins!

*cough* it’s an alternative in times when paper hasn’t been invented or wasn’t easy to obtain. 
think about how we make paper in MD. It’s not a world we could waste the limited resource on toilet paper and even throw it all around. 

6 minutes ago, yokin said:

*cough* it’s an alternative in times when paper hasn’t been invented or wasn’t easy to obtain. 
think about how we make paper in MD. It’s not a world we could waste the limited resource on toilet paper and even throw it all around. 

Well, I think it's a wonderful term wherever it came from :)

It'd be abundant in Loreroot! 

Edited by Clair de Lune